Home

0-100 rating system

This is a discussion on 0-100 rating system within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1
0-100 rating system

so this has been asked before im sure. but i remember last year there were talks about the ovr rating being off. that the 0-100 rating system was broken because the lowest you have is like what 50's is anyone thought about changing rating to fit the 0-100 rating system? So say you have a 95ovr OT VS 92ovr DE it will be noticeable difference because in the new system that DE is really a 87OVR. OR the players on mid-tenn state are all in the 30's 40's and 50's instead of the 50's and 60's Hopefully that makes sense what do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 0-100 rating system

I wish they would go back to the old way they used to rate players. Back in NCAA 04 a LB with 80 speed was rare, most were in the mid 70's. Even strength for LB's was in the 60's, only really elite guys had strength of 75+ at LB. It was like this at all of the positions. I don't know why they tweaked that formula they had with ratings.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I wish they would go back to the old way they used to rate players. Back in NCAA 04 a LB with 80 speed was rare, most were in the mid 70's. Even strength for LB's was in the 60's, only really elite guys had strength of 75+ at LB. It was like this at all of the positions. I don't know why they tweaked that formula they had with ratings.
you are correct....

take a look at the ratings for Illinois in NCAA 06
http://www.madden04.com/maddenplanet..._pennstate.htm

I've been studying EA's ratings for this game for the past 4-5 years and it seems as if they have jacked up the overall ratings quite a bit compaired to what it used to be like in NCAA 06

Agility and speed was much more under control in NCAA 06 and the jump ratings for defenders were not out crazy high either.

The game has a delicate balance where Awareness makes the players perform smarter but you can reduce their physical skills by using lower ratings for things like speed and agility which in return makes the game look more realistic on the field.

If EA ever inlcuded a Global Editor i could actually damn near re-edit the entire game to play much better than what they release out of the box. A Global editor would allow all 100+ teams to be modifed to render realistic player movement on the field where things like Agility makes players utilize actual steps more often.

Strength ratings tie into more realistic momentum factors on the field. Which leads to some of the best tackle animations you'll ever witness in the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Strength ratings tie into more realistic momentum factors on the field. Which leads to some of the best tackle animations you'll ever witness in the game.

Ahem.......go on. I'm listening. Explain in detail what exactly does it do for the ball carrier and would be tackler. And give some number examples too. Sort of what range trigger what by having above this number you will see this, have it below this number you will see this.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Ahem.......go on. I'm listening. Explain in detail what exactly does it do for the ball carrier and would be tackler. And give some number examples too. Sort of what range trigger what by having above this number you will see this, have it below this number you will see this.
I sent you a PM regarding your post....

But you should really study the ratings in that link i posted for Illinois roster in NCAA 06

Look at the agility and strength ratings assigned in the game at that time you'll see where all positions outside of the OL and DL really had lower strength ratings than what we get today.

The agility ratings as you'll see had very few players in the 90's and that helps with player movement on the field accross the boards.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

OVR: 0

I kind of wish the rating system would be re-weighted from roughly a 40-99 system like it is now to a 0-99 system where 50 would be the average. It would make better players stand out more, and give each player a different feel.

I've been playing NCAA 04 as East Tennessee State on a dynasty, and I can tell you this; the team and all of it's players have a feeling to them. Like real life, I can't play press coverage against a team like Tennessee or Ohio State or their receivers will end up breaking the press and will get a huge gain or a touchdown every time.

NBA's 2k series also manages to give each player a different feel. Playing as Kobe Bryant feels totally different from playing as LeBron James, but it just never comes across like that in NCAA. I get that these are fictional players, but I'd like for a player like Denard Robinson to feel different than playing with somebody like, say, Aaron Murray. It just doesn't, and I think that's really hurt NCAA with the aspect of immersion.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 05-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I sent you a PM regarding your post....

But you should really study the ratings in that link i posted for Illinois roster in NCAA 06

Look at the agility and strength ratings assigned in the game at that time you'll see where all positions outside of the OL and DL really had lower strength ratings than what we get today.

The agility ratings as you'll see had very few players in the 90's and that helps with player movement on the field accross the boards.
This is something I really tried hard to address with my rosters and plan on doing the same thing again for NCAA 13. I found the game to play so much better and not arcade-like.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

has ea directly addressed the global editor question this year? i mean of course they wont have it, but has anyone gotten an answer on twitter or otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »