Home

is luvtotha9s doin rosters for 13

This is a discussion on is luvtotha9s doin rosters for 13 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #17
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: is luvtotha9s doin rosters for 13

disagree with the above post after seeing other rosters for NCAA 12. The lack of effort on lower teams is embarrassing at times (i.e. SDSU) and the amount of errors concerning transfers make Luv's rosters definitely worth downloading.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #18
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
????????????????????/
Well said, brother.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 AM   #19
Rookie

zoon politikon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i understand you're one of his followers but understand this as well... this has been done before. Others started off creating rosters just for the hell of it and as it caught on and more people used or relied on them for rosters they started to pick up their game more until they realize that essentially locking yourself in a room for a week doing rosters sucks.

So they hit a point where they really don't want to do them or get a job/family which takes up time so they pull out the "pay me $25" which at least adds some incentive for them to do it.

His rosters were ok last year, they aren't the best every year hands down like you claim. I understand you're on his site and are probably a dedicated follower but you can find better rosters if you take the 5 extra minutes to find them.

If you pay $25 for rosters, you're a sucker. Point blank. It's not about showing gratitude because if that were the case, donations would be sufficient enough instead of asking for a flat out $25 fee.

I don't care if it means you're in his "inner circle" you're still paying $25 for something you can get somewhere else for free. And like i said before, his rosters aren't that much better, if they're even better at all, than the other rosters that get around.
Ah, if I only I could agree with you...

First, the reason why I pay for them is precisely for the reasons why you don't pay for them. I have taken the time to try and find free rosters, and year in, and year out, the free rosters don't even come close to simulating the real thing.

Second, as you stated, doing rosters does take a lot of time, and are tedious to create. I commend anyone who attempts to create a roster set. But Luv just doesn't create one roster set...he improves on his rosters all season long, essentially creating 6 modifications/versions a year.

Lastly, if you are the type of player that just wants a name put to the number, then by all means, choose a free roster set. But many players want the game to be as sim as possible. These individuals want to be in sim dynasties, which use tried and tested sliders, and they want rosters that are made with preciseness that add the sense of realism to their experience.

I think I'm getting a bargain once I receive Luv's rosters. And when he updates his rosters with the new ratings and depth charts, it's like I'm getting a brand new game again when I receive them. Like I said before, if you're just a casual gamer, and just want a name put to the number, then knock yourself out with the free rosters. But Luv has a following that wants more from their game than just a name to the number.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
For NCAA 11 and maybe a season or two before, luv had the best rosters out there. Last year, however, they weren't very good. Part of it was because he started doing them in team builder (not sure why) and when he realized he couldn't import them from TB into the game he had to start over. I think this is where he lost interest. I'm sure the issues with the game did not help much either.

To be honest, after last year and his obvious lack of interest in doing rosters unless paid makes me question his commitment. Because of that I don't feel like we're going to get the same level of detail we were used to. That's ok. Like was said, people get tired of it and move on. I just wouldn't pay $25 for a roster that someone had to be convinced to make. Rosters are either something you want to do or you don't.

The good news is there will be other roster sets made by people like me who still enjoy doing them for free. Before you dismiss that as they won't be better than luv or anyone elses, wait to base your decision. Mine will most likely not have all of the equipment edits his used to or be as detailed down to UTSA and the like as his were at one time. But I would venture to say they will provide more bang for the buck than any set that people charge for. I probably won't be the only one either...

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

Last edited by majesty95; 07-08-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #21
Rookie

zoon politikon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95
For NCAA 11 and maybe a season or two before, luv had the best rosters out there. Last year, however, they weren't very good. Part of it was because he started doing them in team builder (not sure why) and when he realized he couldn't import them from TB into the game he had to start over. I think this is where he lost interest. I'm sure the issues with the game did not help much either.

To be honest, after last year and his obvious lack of interest in doing rosters unless paid makes me question his commitment. Because of that I don't feel like we're going to get the same level of detail we were used to. That's ok. Like was said, people get tired of it and move on. I just wouldn't pay $25 for a roster that someone had to be convinced to make. Rosters are either something you want to do or you don't.

The good news is there will be other roster sets made by people like me who still enjoy doing them for free. Before you dismiss that as they won't be better than luv or anyone elses, wait to base your decision. Mine will most likely not have all of the equipment edits his used to or be as detailed down to UTSA and the like as his were at one time. But I would venture to say they will provide more bang for the buck than any set that people charge for. I probably won't be the only one either...
I'll be giving your rosters a look when they are completed, that's for sure. I'm not bashing anyone for attempting to do rosters, I just really like Luv's. Yet, to say that he has an "obvious lack of interest," is not true at all. Yeah, he was disappointed after the teambuilder debacle, but his intensity for making rosters has never been deficient by any means.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #22
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

Don't waste your money on that. Come to us...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043838461
Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

A Friendly Reminder Regarding Named Roster Files
Old 07-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #24
Banned

bfslcommissioner's Arena

OVR: 3

The BFSL leagues will use Arrowheads rosters this year and give them a shot. I have no problem with Luv charging, 25.00 is a bit much and then he asks you to donate more if you are willing.

Regardless, want to go with what the OS Community works on here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »