Home

Top Ten Stupid Posts in NCAA Roster Threads

This is a discussion on Top Ten Stupid Posts in NCAA Roster Threads within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #41
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Top Ten Stupid Posts in NCAA Roster Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapi2004
No one wants them to rush it.

I think it would just stop the "When are the rosters?" coming out posts if there was a little bit more communication. No need for posts like that when they're up to date knowing 82/123 schools are done and can expect a day wait or however long of a wait due to them know the pace of the roster makers.

It doesn't stop the questions, in past years they've updated a long the way and the questions still came. If I had to put my money on it they will be out by the 15th at the latest. I expect before them (I have my reasoning), but you never know how their personal life schedule may interfere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #42
Rookie

BigPapi2004's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
It doesn't stop the questions, in past years they've updated a long the way and the questions still came. If I had to put my money on it they will be out by the 15th at the latest. I expect before them (I have my reasoning), but you never know how their personal life schedule may interfere.
I assume the new people coming to this forum read the first post saying rosters are going to be made and none of pages 2-45 in a 46 page thread. Posting on page 35 isn't going to inform the masses effectively.

I appreciate civil conversation and not being called a child for stating my opinion though.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #43
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm saying in past years when they've done it they updated the first page saying how many teams were done, yet you still got all the questions from the new people and even some people that have been around. Whether you update the masses or not, those questions still get asked tons of times.

Reason I have no problem with them not updating is because theyre saving me a lot of time by doing these rosters more in depth than anyone and they aren't charging me for it (though I will donate). So since they've proven year after year to put out the best work I just now let them do their thing and not worry about it because I know it is taking awhile for a good reason. But that is just me.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:53 AM   #44
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapi2004
No one wants them to rush it.

I think it would just stop the "When are the rosters?" coming out posts if there was a little bit more communication. No need for posts like that when they're up to date knowing 82/123 schools are done and can expect a day wait or however long of a wait due to them know the pace of the roster makers.
I get what you are saying but that only helps so much. Last year Block-O and the other guy who worked on the PS3 file missed a bunch of estimated deadlines and it made people even more mad.

I know it's nice to know where the file is at, but even if they posted they were 120/123 done and the file wasn't out the next day, people would get mad saying they only had 3 teams to do.

Not saying you'd be one of those people but it would happen.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

Last edited by Herky; 07-12-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #45
Rookie

BigPapi2004's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
I get what you are saying but that only helps so much. Last year Block-O and the other guy who worked on PS3 threads missed a bunch of estimated deadlines and it make people even more mad.

I know it's nice to know where they file is at, but even if they posted they were 120/123 done and the file wasn't out the next day, people would get mad saying they only had 3 teams to do.

Not saying you'd be one of those people but it would happen.
I guess it only hurts the people alright with waiting or content with waiting in fair reasonable manner. Because even if it didn't stop the questions I'm pretty sure everyone waiting would find it would be cool to have an instant up to date number through a simple tweet.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #46
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Gather 'round, young whipper snapper, and I shall link you to a tale of lies, deceit, and NCAA rosters:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-exposed.html

Enjoy!
Has been an interesting read thus far
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #47
Pro

Hootiefish's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
I just see why people get impatient.
You do realize that you just commiserated with people that get impatient waiting for something that benefits them without them having to lift a finger? You understand how ridiculous that sounds, correct?

That is like commiserating with a person who complains that they haven't received a paycheck for work they never did.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Feeling anxious is one thing, but verbalizing your impatience toward someone who is doing you a tremendous service free of charge is pathetic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »