Home

Overrated/Underrated

This is a discussion on Overrated/Underrated within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Overrated/Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnahikian
Well IMO ND/Tex/Michigan have been overrated the last few years. What justifies Michigan having a 97 overall defense? If that team is a 97 overall defense than Michigan State's defense should be a 106, but wait EA left off a 3 year starting Linebacker and rated the most disruptive defensive player in the B1G an 84 in William Gholston. Seems about right... smh.
Gholston isn't as good as you're making him out to be.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
Rookie

Wnahikian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romain El 82
Gholston isn't as good as you're making him out to be.
Well any DE getting 15 and 14 tackles in back to back games must bee pretty "good". He also finished off his season with a 7 tackle and 2 sack bowl game. Oh he is also a projected top 15 pick but sure an 84 does him justice and I fly to work in my hovercraft right after I feed my mini giraffe every day.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

south carolina contributions
connor shaw (pure pocket passer rather than dual threat)
ronald patrick (junior going into likely 1st year as starter 90 ovr)
true freshman left tackle 90 ovr

my personal view on lattimore is he's still the best all around back in the country, and he'll have around 10 months recovery time by the start of the season. a tiny hit in spd agi acc wouldnt be unreasonable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlock324
I thought that Malcolm Brown (RB, Texas) was about 3-4 pts too fast. I know he isn't as fast as Johnathan Gray, who also has 94 speed.
Agreed. Malcolm Brown is not 94 speed. 90-91 SPD would be better suited for him.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Off the top of my head:

Tyler Bray's throwing power is in, like, the high 80s and should be mid-to-high 90s. Same with Logan Thomas.

Both of the Texas A&M offensive tackles are criminally underrated. They're both going to be 1st rounders when they choose to come out.

Mizzou's CB duo is really underrated. Gaines, in particular, is excellent.

Marquie Lee is better and faster than Robert Woods (Lee's speed could use a 1-2 point bump, Woods should be high 80s). Woods puts up more volume statistics because he's a volume receiver. They feed him as an extension of their running game. Lee opens things up for that offense, though. And whoever said Barkley's throw power should be in the high 80s is correct.

Last edited by yourfavestoner; 07-12-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am just gonna talk about Tennessee players. T Bray is way underrated. No way he should be worse than C Shaw (SC) or any other SEC QB but Murray or Wilson. Predicted by most to be in the top 3 QBs in next year's draft if he comes out. Should be at least a 90.
Also, LB AJ Johnson was a beast last year as a freshman. Should be Tennessee's best defensive player, but is rated as their 4th or 5th best linebacker. Ranked the same as a few guys that don't see the field, Probst and Williams.
Furthermore, P Waggner and B Randolph are way underrated.
Overrated Vols include B Brewer, who is starting at SS for some reason, Z Rogers hasn't done anything in 3 years, yet is an 80, while the #1 JUCO prospect in the country WR C Patterson isn't even on the team. J Williams is starting at LB for some reason instead of J Smith or Bohannan.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
Rookie

Jameis Winston was the #1 qb for rivals and is like the 4th highest rated FR qb.

Marvin Bracy he has 92 speed and 94 acc. I'm not saying it needs to be 99 for both but, his fastest wind-legal time is 10.25 sec in the 100m.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
Rookie

Barto's Arena

As a Clemson fan, Tahj Boyd being an 87 speed is a joke. He should be 83/84 at best with a maybe a little better agility. Also, Martavis Bryant (WR) is faster than Sammy Watkins and i think he's mid 80's for speed. I don't have a problem with him being ranked in the 80's for overall ranking, but anything less than 94/95 speed is a travesty IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »