Home

all roster missing Ohio State starter

This is a discussion on all roster missing Ohio State starter within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: all roster missing Ohio State starter

I agree Reed should be in the game, but I wouldn't label him a starter or the "#2 receiver". Reed is the 2nd string Z receiver/flanker behind Evan Spencer. Devin Smith and Thomas play at X receiver/split end, and Philly Brown and Chris Fields are H receivers. The game doesn't distinguish between these, so the overall hierarchy is somewhat of a guess. EA put #18 TY Williams in, which sucks b/c Reed will play.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
Rookie

Buckeye_Mafia's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick5324
I agree Reed should be in the game, but I wouldn't label him a starter or the "#2 receiver". Reed is the 2nd string Z receiver/flanker behind Evan Spencer. Devin Smith and Thomas play at X receiver/split end, and Philly Brown and Chris Fields are H receivers. The game doesn't distinguish between these, so the overall hierarchy is somewhat of a guess. EA put #18 TY Williams in, which sucks b/c Reed will play.

Yeah. And those are things that when the rosters drop, I will correct on my own. I will probably just adjust their skills to make the 2-deep more accurate for own use...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Rookie

Buckguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye_Mafia
Which roster are you currently using? I know Simon will play multiple roles and is listed at DE on the 2-deep, but he will probably play more DT like last season now that Williams is back and with the depth. But that is something I can change for my own personal use. I just don't like that Williams and Reed are not on the rosters...
I don't see Simon moving inside other then in passing situations. Nate won't be back until B1G opener an will have to beat out a couple fresh. studs to get his full time starting job back as it won't be handed to him so him having a lower rating until he proves he is back to his old self will be ok. Verlon Reed should be on the roster rated within top 5 or 6 WRs and they should replace him with T.Y. as he won't see much meaningful minutes unless he learns to consistently catch the ball over the summer. I expect most of, if not all these will be addressed with OS roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow OSU's #2 receiver had 7 catches all of last year? Good luck with that lol
Old 07-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Simon is a defensive end. The starting front-four will have Bellamy and Simon at the ends with Goebel and Hankins on the inside. Nate Williams, Noah Spence, Adolphus Washington and Michael Bennett will all get significant playing time.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAdkins01
Actually their top 3 receivers had 14 catches. I don't think it's really that bad to only have 14 catches if you only throw the ball 4 times in one game(and you only complete one)...
Old 07-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nathan Williams is coming off of micro fracture surgery. He might play at a % of his former self or he may never recover.

John Simon is a defensive end and that's not even slightly debatable. He has always been an athletic tweener and slimmed down this offseason to rush the passer better.

There is no chance of him moving to DT fulltime, outside of a pass rush package to get Spence or another frosh on the field to rush the passer.

They have a bazillion quality DTs and that's without counting Adam Bellamy, who is playing DE at the moment. They had zero useable defensively ends last year. It was so bad that they started 3 DTs plus Simon, with two more DTs as the primary rotation guys.

Verlon Reed was a promising WR before the season ending injury. He hasn't practiced at all under Meyer due to rehab so it's pretty hard to judge his role in this offense.

Replacing TY with Reed was logical but TY finally learned how to catch this spring. That makes adding verlon even harder.

Then to top it off he now wears a claimed number. 4.

Last edited by jwinslow; 07-14-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAdkins01
Which is why Boston College hired him but wanted him far away from their passing game.

TE Jake Stoneburner will likely catch 35-50 balls this year. He caught 4 balls in october, 2 in November.

Last edited by jwinslow; 07-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »