Home

Fixing the Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Fixing the Quarterbacks within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #25
Rookie

WVUWILD12's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Fixing the Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
I think the QB's overall in the game are terribly overrated.. This is considered somewhat of a weak class for the upcoming draft.

Here is my take and probably how i'll re-rate things. Barkley and Wilson are definitely seperated in this pack of QB's ratings must reflect that..
Only 10 guys rated 90 or better

Matt Barkley 96 OVR
Tyler Wilson 95 OVR
Landry Jones 93 OVR
Denard Robinson 93 OVR
Geno Smith 92 OVR
Aaron Murray 92 OVR
Tajh Boyd 92 OVR
Keith Price 91 OVR
Colin Klein 91 OVR
Casey Paschall 90 OVR

**Side note** I notice this isn't being done on rosters currently out but
Jordan Rodgers from Vanderbilt is severaly underrated that dude made alot of plays and led Vandy to a bowl game. I'll have him as a 84 OVR
I know I'm biased but I still see Geno Smith as the third best QB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
Rookie

bdarnell's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigga58
Yep and when Tyler Bray came back he threw 40% with 4 picks and 3tds. And his only wins before his injury were against non-SEC teams. In fact all his wins were against crap teams accept the over time win against Vandy. So Tyler Bray nothing. Kid only played 7 games and hasnt proven anything against anyone.

And Coach Dooley wont help the kid any either!
The guy had a broken thumb.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Keep your eye on Bryn Renner. He is gonna light it up in Coach Fedora's up tempo spread. He spent most of last year in the top 10 in QB efficiency.
The thing is, Renner might not start, since Williams is more of a fit for Fedora's system.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
You obviously didn't see Arkansas' OL last year lol
I did. Wilson is amazing at escaping pressure, but he also had recievers who could take his short passes and go the distance. As in 4 NFL caliber game-breaking recievers. I see absolutely no way how Wilson can replicate his season last year with the losses at reciever and Knile Davis returning, at least yardage-wise. But he's still an elite college quarterback right now.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #29
Rookie

WVUWILD12's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpartans11
Barkley is the clear #1 QB in the nation. After that, it IS between Bray and Wilson, with Wilson by a small margin right now only because Bray was hurt last year, had sub-par o-line play, snapping, best reciever (first round pick) hurt, etc. Bray will probably surpass Wilson as he has 3 first round talent recievers to throw to, veteran o-line, nice pass catching tight end, and talented recieving runningbacks. If I were to rank QBs (OVR is calculated through my own ranking formulas):

Barkley-95
Wilson-93
Bray-93
Landry-92
Logan Thomas-92
Murray-90
Geno-90
Pachall-90
E.J.-89
McCarron-88
Glennon-88
Carr-87
Price-87
Boyd-87
Matt Scott-87
Carder-87
Renner-87
Bridgewater-87
Mett-86
Tuel-86
Denard Robinson-86
Drew Allen-86
Blake Bell-85
Vandenberg-85
Nassib-85
Franklin-85
Renfree-85
Brissett-85
Rodgers-84
etc

Some highly rated players like Klein will have lower OVR (83) than what some may expect in my rankings, as generally the OVR for me is the players pure talent. Klein would still be able to run the ball with power/toughness, but he doesn't have a strong arm, nor is he really accurate on tough throws.
Logan Thomas HIGHLY overrated. He should have an 89 OVR at the most. Geno Smith should be 3rd best QB behind Barkley and Wilson. I would actually put him and Landry Jones in a tie for the 3rd best QB. It's a toss up between the two. However Geno Smith was named the Big 12's best QB by ESPN over Klein and Jones.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
Banned

shawnb82's Arena

OVR: 0

2009 Elite 11 QB Camp Awards:

Golden Gun Accuracy Award: Tyler Bray

Best Feet: Devin Gardner
Most Likely To Play Early: Jake Heaps
Most Upside: Tyler Bray
Best Leader By Example: Nick Montana
Best Leader Vocally: Jake Heaps
Highest Football IQ: Jake Heaps
Best In The Classroom: Devin Gardner
Best Arm: Robert Bolden
Most Accuracy: Chandler Whitmer
Best In Any System: Nick Montana
Quickest Release: Robert Bolden
Most Improved: Nick Montana
Most likely to win BCS Title: Jesse Scroggins

Overall MVP – Jake Heaps
MVP Second – Tyler Bray
MVP Third - Chandler Whitmer
MVP Fourth – Nick Montana
MVP Fifth – Robert Bolden

http://youtu.be/htKTRdA1nXw

12 career starts:
TOTAL
471-272 - .577 - 3832 - 143.8 - 35 - 16 - 239.5

Last edited by shawnb82; 07-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUWILD12
Logan Thomas HIGHLY overrated. He should have an 89 OVR at the most. Geno Smith should be 3rd best QB behind Barkley and Wilson. I would actually put him and Landry Jones in a tie for the 3rd best QB. It's a toss up between the two. However Geno Smith was named the Big 12's best QB by ESPN over Klein and Jones.
Well considering you're a WVU fan, it's not surprising you would think Geno should be higher. However, Geno is not as talented as Landry, Logan Thomas, or Bray. And the NFL scouts seem to agree. It's not like Geno won't play the way he does with this rating. Logan clearly isn't overated when many believe he has the talent to be the top pick in the draft in 2014 if he stays..Geno is at best a second round talent with many believing he will be a third round pick as of now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
Rookie

mattvols3103's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigga58
Yep and when Tyler Bray came back he threw 40% with 4 picks and 3tds. And his only wins before his injury were against non-SEC teams. In fact all his wins were against crap teams accept the over time win against Vandy. So Tyler Bray nothing. Kid only played 7 games and hasnt proven anything against anyone.

And Coach Dooley wont help the kid any either!
With a team around him that was lost and the kid had the flu for two weeks and came back way early and his thumb was still broke. Even If I wasn't a Vols fan. I'd take Bray this year to run a team. And not saying they are awesome. But did you see what he did to cincy? Runner up in big east. I know it might be hard to admit you not being a Vols fan and all. Everyone outside of tenn including "experts" on tv say Bray is a big time QB. He is bringing the Vols back along with 4 of the best WR/TE in the college game.

Favorite Teams
Tennessee Vols
Houston Texans
Atlanta Braves
Houston Rockets

https://www.gamechanger.io/t/summer-...a568a1b7000003

http://alaskabaseball.org/Arcticbraves.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »