Home

Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

This is a discussion on Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?
Yes 69 23.23%
No 228 76.77%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #41
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Would you buy a future NCAA Football title if it DID NOT have roster share?

H-E double hockey sticks NO...i would never buy this game without roster share i dont have time in my life to edit 123 teams and if im gonna play an ncaa football game i want the correct rosters..i wouldnt be able to go backwards now to the days of non customizable rosters...NO WAY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhill76
The fact that you called me a dude and told me to grow up shows your age. Just so you know, I'm an adult in my thirties who served in the US Navy for 7 years and currently in college for Sports Management in which I'm taking a Sports Law class in which I had to do research on this matter. I'm not some 15 year old kid talking out of butt. Anyhow, I'm done cause most can't understand the concept of what is taking place and I won't waste anymore time trying to educate you. Just know that in the future, the ability to edit the names will possibly go away.
Well I actually am a licensed attorney, and Keller has almost no shot of winning his lawsuit (at least with regards to eliminating the ability to edit rosters on NCAA).

It's not impossible, but it would require a judge to make some pretty significant leaps and it's unlikely it would stand up on appeal.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

If I can't have the real players and/or names instead of numbers then I don't care how great it is, I ain't buying it...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #44
Rookie

ravenmad's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhill76
The fact that you called me a dude and told me to grow up shows your age. Just so you know, I'm an adult in my thirties who served in the US Navy for 7 years and currently in college for Sports Management in which I'm taking a Sports Law class in which I had to do research on this matter. I'm not some 15 year old kid talking out of butt. Anyhow, I'm done cause most can't understand the concept of what is taking place and I won't waste anymore time trying to educate you. Just know that in the future, the ability to edit the names will possibly go away.
What's wrong with calling someone dude? lol. People in their 30's and 40's use the word dude. I guess you never surfed or skateboarded in your life.

And if they take away roster share, fine. But if they take away the ability to edit the real names in, the NCAA franchise might as well just die off. I can deal with having to edit the rosters myself, but I doubt the game would sell enough to make it viable if there were no way to do that. I would totally lose interest if I had to play with randomly generated names or QB#19. I bet EA would fight any lawsuit that would force them to take it away and appeal it into eternity. It's either that or scrap the game altogether. There is no way in hell they take the ability to edit names away. The game itself will go away before that happens. Besides, there really is no case against NCAA because they don't make the roster or use players likenesses in the game at all. They could definitely sue the people making money off of rosters though.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #45
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
I think we would go back to sharing them via memory card or stick if that happened. Not as easy, but still effective.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #46
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If I can't have the real players and/or names instead of numbers then I don't care how great it is, I ain't buying it...
What he said.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #47
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Shoot I wouldn't even have bought 2013 version if I had read ahead of time that you would not be able to import draft classes to Madden 13. Every year just about I buy bouth of those games and play at least 4 Dynasty seasons so I can export the real named players from NCAA to Madden. This year I get to at least play NCAA 13 with real named players once the community roster for 360 is done. If it had no real names I would not buy NCAA and if they dont put back in the roster export I probably wont by it but every other year or so.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

I probably wouldn't. The only way I could see me buying it is if you had the ability to edit the rosters. If they take that away, NCAA Football would go down the tubes REALLY quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »