Home

Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

This is a discussion on Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

Would anyone like to help create performance and talent-level accurate rosters for the 2012 season for NCAA 13 and XBOX 360? I have produced a Virginia Tech roster for the 2012 season that reflects how the team played last year. (I did the best job I could at the very least.) My aim was to produce a team that if used in a simulated season in dynasty mode during which it faced a schedule that represented a similar level of challenge as the real team did it would have about as much success on the field as the actual team did. This is assuming the same players got the same amount of starts in the same games they did in real life and injured players were kept off the depth chart for the same games they were injured and did not dress during the season.

Regardless of how far we get the rosters could be used to replay games from 2012 or in dynasty mode to replay last season or simulate 2012 and then play the 2013 season with a roster that would hopefully be a reasonable approximation of how good a team will be in 2013. Even if someone was willing to do even a little bit of work on a team if would benefit the project if the team chosen is one that no one else would be willing to work on. If even a single person expresses interest I will upload my roster for another person to work on. When this person finished work on a team or teams other than Virginia Tech I would ask if he would then upload his roster for the next person to work on. I would love to see how close we could get to completing all 124 teams.

If someone makes a post indicating their interest I will post the method I used to finish the Virginia Tech roster. It certainly would not be necessary for anyone to follow my method of work. However, I will post my method just in case it would be of assistance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

I'd like to hear your method.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I'd like to hear your method.
Thank you for your interest. I would be happy to comply. It is a bit complicated and so I will make several different posts over the next few days. No person who wants to hlep on this project would have to put in as much time or effort as I did. I will try to make my first post later tonight.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-09-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
Pro

INFORMATION ON HOW I CREATE FRESHMAN WHEN I NEED TO CREATE THEM FROM SCRATCH OR EDIT FRESHAN ON MY BASE ROSTER WHEN NEED BE

Here is the method I used to come up with my basline OVRs for freshman I had to create from scrath. I use the ”247Composite Rating” to come up with their Overall Ratings. Take the ratings given to your teams recruits and round them off to the nearest 100th. (In other words, an .8697 will become an .87) Next remove the decimal point and subtract 20. For every player who comes out with a 70 or higher add one point and you have the OVR. For all other players we start over and forget about our first calculations. Take another look at the ”247Composite Ratings.” Eliminate all numbers after the second decimal place. (We will not be rounding off this time.) Remove the decimal point, subtract 21 and you now have your OVRs for the rest of your freshman. (In some cases I do tweak the OVR numbers I come up with just a little for reasons I will not bother explainig.)

Some may say that using my method the OVRs come out too low. I would appreciate any and all feedback on my method.

There are more easy and quicker ways to create recruits and so nobody who wanted to work on the project would have to use my method.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
Pro

MORE ON HOW I CREATE FRESHMAN THAT NEED TO BE CREATED FROM SCRATH AND EDIT ALL PLAYERS ON MY BASE ROSTER WHEN NEED BE

I just wanted to mention that the most valuable thing I have come across in terms of rating freshman is a thread found on this board that is entitled: "The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating = NCAA 2013" It shows how the 40 time and other information provided about recruits in dynasty mode translates to exact ratings in the game in addition to the formulas used in determining the OVRs of all players in the game. I obtain 40 times and as much of the other stats I can find at the Web-based recruiting services and use the charts included in the thread to come up with ratings for my freshman. I next consult the default rosters, find similar freshman players to my freshman, and use the ratings I have to guide me toward what related ratings should be. (After I obtain SPD I then use it to check the roster and select ACC.) This is a key part of my method.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-10-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Pro

MY BASE ROSTER

The roster created by CcAaRrSsOoNn3 and those that worked with him was GREAT! It was finished before the season started and at the time it was talent and performance accurate in as far as how the best experts exspected Virgina Tech to play during the season. Looking back now we see that the experts were wrong in many ways. Therefore, although I used the CcAaRrSsOoNn3 roster as my base roster for my work, I had to edit it to reflect the fact that the team had an off year in 2012.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
Pro

WEB-BASED ARTICLES THAT WERE IMPORTANT TO MY WORK

I consulted "Virginia Tech Football: Projecting the Hokies' 2013 Offensive Depth Chart" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...13-depth-chart), and "Virginia Tech Football: Projecting the Hokies' 2013 2-Deep Depth Chart" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ep-depth-chart). I then made certain that players OVRs matched these depth charts in terms of how they ranked. In other words, I made sure the player who was number one had a higher OVR than the player that was number two and that number two was higher than number three, etc. A less than obvious reason why this last artcle was important is that I want to be able to use my roster in dynasty mode.

I am sure that these same types of article can be found for every team in the nation.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Pro

HOW I DETERMINED WHICH PLAYERS I WOULD INCLUDE ON MY ROSTER

In an earlier post on this thread I mentioned "Virginia Tech Football: Projecting the Hokies' 2013 Offensive Depth Chart" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...13-depth-chart), and "Virginia Tech Football: Projecting the Hokies' 2013 2-Deep Depth Chart" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ep-depth-chart). I included all first and second string players and any 3rd string players who were likely to have a good amount of playing time in 2013.

I also checked the official team stats on Virginia Tech’s official football Web site. I made sure I included the players who had the most game starts in 2012. I then used the roster spots I had left over to be sure I included players who had the most game appearances.

I obviously had to edit several players on my base roster and change them to other players. I again relied on the roster found on Virginia Tech’s official football Web site for bio details and height, weight and jersey number.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-10-2013 at 08:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »