Home

majest95's Updated PS3 Roster (Released)

This is a discussion on majest95's Updated PS3 Roster (Released) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
majest95's Updated PS3 Roster (Released)

Ok guys, I have uploaded my roster to my EA Locker. Everything on my list has been done ACCEPT North Carolina. I have to start moving today and don't have time for the deep edit of UNC like I was planning. So, the Tar Heels HAVE NOT received any edits "YET". I will be releasing an update (v1.1) in the next day or two with UNC updated and possibly a few suggested teams.

PSN: majesty95

What this roster is:

This roster is an attempt to update the top 20 or so football players in each class, at each position.

What this roster IS NOT:

This roster IS NOT a complete redo of every team in the game. While, yes, some teams did get a deeper look and a more robust editing, the sole purpose of this set was to update the top 20 players at each position, per class.

There are 14 major positions in college football. (QB, HB, WR, TE, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS) Multiply that by 4 classes and you get 56 sub divisions of players. Multiply that by 20 and you get 1,120 players. There are roughly 8,000 players in the game. That means that over 85% of them did not make the list and, therefore, did not get any ratings adjustments.

Also, this roster DOES NOT include any adjustments to height, weight, appearance and/or equipment. This is strictly a ratings update for the approximate top 1,100 players in the game.

Additionally, this roster DOES NOT update depth charts. I have auto-corrected each team's depth chart after applying my edits. However, there are players listed on the real life team's depth chart ahead of players who I, or the game, have rated higher. Also, updated depth charts are not available for every teams yet so I let the CPU set them.

Requests:

I will be taking requests to do an overhaul to your favorite team for use in dynasty play. However, I am giving no timetable as to when these will be completed. While first come, first served will be used to determine which teams I do and when, I will move teams up the list depending on amount of requests. Please use this thread for requests. I will update as I finish teams. However, please keep in mind it usually takes me 1-2 hours to do a deep edit of a team. So, these will be done at my discretion when I have the time to do them.

Corrections:

While I feel that most, if not all, of the edits I had planned have made it into the game (sans UNC), I am not perfect and certainly could have made a few mistakes. Please use the ROSTER CORRECTIONS/ISSUES thread to post any possible corrections that need to be made.

The correction thread is not meant for "ratings" issues. The ratings in this update are my opinion on how I feel these players should be represented. However, if you have a player that you can show in some publication that is listed among the top 20 players at his position, in his class, then by all means post in that thread and I will update as necessary.

Donations:

While I appreciate the offer to donate for my roster set, these rosters are FREE for the community. Any additional update will also be done for free. These edits/updates are all done to enhance my own personal playing experience, as well as the experience of other players in the community.

Updates:

I will post updates to this set when I can. However, I am not promising a timetable or an amount of updates to be posted. They will all solely be based off of my time/desire to update.

Should you with to use my roster as a base for your own roster update, please feel free to do so. However, I just ask that you give me credit in your update.

Versions:

v1.0

- Updated roughly the top 20 players at each major position per class (some positions and classes may have had less than 20 players rated).

- Updated 22 upper tier teams in college football (Updated depth charts are not available for all teams so some will be more accurate than others). Those updates can be found in the "Teams Updated" list below.

v1.1 (Uploaded 07/23/12)

- Updated North Carolina
- Fixed errors with Texas and Stanford

v1.2 (Uploaded 05/25/12)

- updated players on preseason watch lists
- updated Buffalo, Mich St, Pitt, UConn, and Western Mich

V1.3 (Uploaded 8/20/12)

- Updated Penn St transfers (plus Tyrann Mathieu and Greg Reid)
- Updated LSU
- Updated Iowa (thanks to hawkeyekid and maxstabs13)
- Updated North Carolina

V2.0 (Work in progress - not completed - not uploaded)

- Update coach sliders to get a more realistic experience vs CPU

------------

This roster set was based off of The Gaming Tailgate's base, named roster set. Thank you to BigWY and his team for their hard work in getting this named set out and making it available to everyone!

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

Last edited by majesty95; 08-20-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Pro

majesty95's Arena

Re: majest95's Updated PS3 Roster (Released)

Teams Updated (In addition to the top 20 at each position)

(Version 1.0)

Alabama
Buffalo (added v1.2)
Clemson
Connecticutt (added v1.2)
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Iowa (updated v1.3)
LSU (updated v1.3)
Miami
Michigan
Michigan State (added v1.2)
North Carolina (updated v1.3)
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Pittsburgh (added v1.2)
South Carolina
Stanford (updated v1.1)
Tennessee
Texas (updated v1.1)
Texas A&M
USC
Utah
Western Michigan (added v1.2)
Wisconsin

Team Wait List

Texas Tech
Cal
Utah State

Last edited by majesty95; 08-20-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Rookie

DirkDiggler12's Arena

OVR: 3

Great news! Thanks so much for all your hard work!
Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Texas Tech They are completely trashed thanks to EA.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #5
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd like to enter Stanford onto the list. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Texas could use some love as well.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
Pro

majesty95's Arena

Stanford and Texas were both done. Please refer to the roster before posting requests. Thanks.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

UL Lafayette please! Thanks for all of your hard work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »