Home

Modio - Fully Automated

This is a discussion on Modio - Fully Automated within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Modio - Fully Automated

I've been wanting to contribute something to the roster community, but I don't have nearly enough time to edit rosters. So I took some time this weekend to begin to develop an application area of dire need here: offline roster loads.

How many times in a roster thread do you see people asking how to access the file without PSN/XBOX Live? How many times have YOU gone through the rehash/resign process just to come up with a damaged file? I think I have the solution to prevent people from spending countless hours searching for files and trying to load them just to have them fail.

I call my application AutoModio, though I plan to support PS3 as well. It allows you to select your gaming system, the game you play, and your desired file. The program then reaches out to an external server, grabs the file, and also downloads a script to automate the rehash/resign process. The beauty of this is that there will never be an issue with misnaming of files, and the automation process reduces rehash/resign times to under 2 minutes. For those people who have just joined the site for rosters and who are not familiar with the Modio process, my program makes life without Live or PSN as simple as clicking a few buttons.

Right now I have the program working for Madden 12 on the 360, and it is able to load up Broncofans 2013 roster file flawlessly on my home computers. It has taken me some time to develop this, and I just wanted to check and see if there would be any interest here before I begin implementing the NCAA 12/13 portions. Is this something that offers value? If it is, I will continue. If not, please tell me so I don't waste more time on it. Honest opinions appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: 7/26/2012 - Pre-Alpha build released

http://www.mediafire.com/?vyeye373p6s74vf

Last edited by dhsmustang; 07-26-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Modio - Fully Automated

This is awesome, I don't have online for NCAA football and being an online most of my life I never bothered using offline files. Now that I do I have to figure how if the program is simple I'd defiantly check it out.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm tinkering with it now. It is really easy to use and I guide the user through the whole process. The program requires two additional components but will check for and ask to install at runtime.

It also requires Windows 7. I'm sure I will come across a few other requirements as I continue to test.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Rookie

MrBlonde21's Arena

OVR: 6

I can vouch that our soldiers overseas who can't get on with their systems would love this..

"WR for Michigan John Doe beat Usain Bolt in a parking lot at the Food Lion by the school so clearly he should be a 99" won't be taken in to consideration
- CWSapp757
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

The brilliance, kindness, and dedication of those here at O.S. never ceases to amaze me. There's a reason why this is the ONLY site I visit, and this is another example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
Rookie

I am still tweaking the interface and the code but I plan to release a pre-alpha build tomorrow. It will work with Madden 12 for sure and if I can get my hands on NCAA 13 I will include that in the initial release as well.

I would share some screen shots by they are rough right now. I never was a good artist

Last edited by dhsmustang; 07-24-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Releasing pre-alpha tonight. Will update this thread with link to download and program requirements

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »