Home

Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes"

This is a discussion on Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes" within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Next community rosters should have "Penn State changes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanterror
You're missing a few things. First, regarding the bolded part, any players that transfer will be eligible to play IMMEDIATELY. They can transfer right now, participate in fall camp with the new team, and start from day 1 if they are good enough.

On top of that, the NCAA is actually considering a ruling that would cause the transferred players to be excluded from the 85 scholarship player limit. For example, if the University of Florida is at 85 scholarship players currently (which I don't think they are - this is just an example), they would still be able to take RB Silas Redd even though that would put them at 86 players. The NCAA is only considering this though, it's not done yet.

Lastly, EA Sports did incorporate USC's sanction into the game last year. They set USC's "Championship Contender" rating at a D+, and even if you won a NC the first year it barely went up. So it would be fair to attempt to virtually sanction Penn State in the game.
Correct on the transfer rule, NCAA waived it but says that teams that take on a transfer from penn st lose a scholarship that following year.

And about USC, EA didn't lower the player ratings, just the contender status. This guy wants to take a player like Silas and make him 50 overall
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Ratings shouldn't be changed, it's not like they are telling all the players 'Okay guize you have to play terrible naow'.

If the player transfers they will be moved to the new team, if not they stay as is. Transfers will be replaced by next best and have their ratings adjusted accordingly. I realize there's no draft classes exports, but it's not right to turn PSU into a FCS squad even though in real life they have talent.

Put them as an independent or adjust them in your own roster file, there's no issue with personal manipulation to incur the death penalty on them, but as it is the community rosters are provided to give a 'true to life' experience and there's no true to life for example for Silas Redd to be a 50 OVR that can run a 6.11 40 and had absolutely no football talent.

The transfers by all means should be in, random nerfing just for the heck of it shouldn't be done, let individuals do that at their own discretion.

Last edited by K0ZZ; 07-23-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: PG
Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
Pro

jimkel's Arena

OVR: 7

Also the NCAA waived the transfer clause for USC and not many players took advantage of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanterror
You're missing a few things. First, regarding the bolded part, any players that transfer will be eligible to play IMMEDIATELY. They can transfer right now, participate in fall camp with the new team, and start from day 1 if they are good enough.

On top of that, the NCAA is actually considering a ruling that would cause the transferred players to be excluded from the 85 scholarship player limit. For example, if the University of Florida is at 85 scholarship players currently (which I don't think they are - this is just an example), they would still be able to take RB Silas Redd even though that would put them at 86 players. The NCAA is only considering this though, it's not done yet.

Lastly, EA Sports did incorporate USC's sanction into the game last year. They set USC's "Championship Contender" rating at a D+, and even if you won a NC the first year it barely went up. So it would be fair to attempt to virtually sanction Penn State in the game.
I don't think he really missed it on the exodus comment. What i think he should have added is its not likely seniors are going to bail at the end of July to teams they have to learn the playbook for, systems they might not be use to playing in and so forth. Its not a video game where you can just literally plug and play anyone. They know where they stand with the current coaching staff and i think most will stay. I would agree the most likely to move are the freshman and sophomores.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

There is a pretty big difference in a 2 and four year ban. Incoming freshman would only have bowl eligibility for one year with redshirt status.

I wouldn't have an issue with EA patching in 'updated' pitch ratings for them, but like I said their current players aren't just magically terrible and that's not the path the community rosters should take. It should be up to individual discretion.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

What is the deadline for Penn State student-athletes to transfer and still be eligible to play this year? It must be fast approaching, I'm sure.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeandrew
What is the deadline for Penn State student-athletes to transfer and still be eligible to play this year? It must be fast approaching, I'm sure.
They can transfer to any school as long as they have not participated in practices and or games. Theoretically they could not practice at all and transfer to a school mid season but only if they have not practiced or played in a game with PSU. Also, they must transfer no later than the 2013 season.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »