Home

Penn State Transfer Tracker

This is a discussion on Penn State Transfer Tracker within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #9
Rookie

nttnybuc's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Penn State Transfer Tracker

Donovan Smith on Twitter: Donovan Smith is in:
"Here to stay with my #SUPASIX bros this year. Time to make history. @WB_5 @DBarnes_18 @PSU_Amos_4 @KCarter_87 and Allen Robinson"

Tim Owen ‏@Tim_OwenBWI
Just received confirmation. WR Alex Kenney, a State College H.S. grad, will be sticking with #PennState

Khairi Fortt ‏@KForttress11
What? Yeah right! We are making this work no matter what #OneOfAKind #NoLettingGo #BelieveDat

Starting DT DaQuan Jones --> RT @FamOvEverythin: PSU Dline isn't going nowhere

Adrian Amos ‏@PSU_Amos_4
I'm fine where i am..season is around the corner #blueandwhite

RT @jdbbeck: After 24 hours to ponder NCAA ruling, Miles Dieffenbach @MilesDpsu says he is staying at Penn State.

@JeffSkversky: Michael Zordich tells @6abc his son Michael, who is a @PennStateFball Senior will not transfer

Bill Belton ‏@WB_5 On Sept.1 I will be playing in Blue & White vs Ohio U.

Bill Belton ‏@WB_5 On Sept.1 Allen Robinson and I will be playing in Blue & White vs Ohio U.

Jordan Kerner via Facebook:
'Just to make it clear, I'm not transferring, I like it here too damn much to leave.'

Eric Galko@OptimumScouting
Just heard from source who has spoken with someone close to #PennSt RB Silas Redd that there is "no chance" he transfers.

Matt Zanellato ‏@mzanellato
Good thing I didn't come to Penn State for bowl games...I came for the prestigious degree and the best fans in the country #notgoinganywhere

Alex Butterworth:
@alexxxbutters: Coach Obrien has my my back and I'm going to have his I'm staying Blue and White #WEARE

Anthony Stanko: "I'm staying, there's way too much going for this university for me to leave over the loss of bowl games."

Glenn Carson's father: They’re a very strong unit, like a band of brothers. … As of right now, he expressed to me that he didn’t know of (any current player) that wished to leave the program,” Carson Sr. said. “That could change, but as of (Monday), that seems to be the sentiment.”

Per 247 Sports:
Family sources confirm Dakota Royer will return to Penn State.

John Urschel, starting OL, graduated w/ degree in Mathematics in 3 years w/ 4.0 gpa, staying: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle962092.ece #FootballCulture

From York Daily Record:
DT Kyle Baublitz staying at #PennState despite being "recruited" by Baylor, Texas Tech, Houston, B.C., Cincy, WVU, Kansas ... and Hawaii.

And yes, I'm fully aware that things can, and for a few will change. Does not change the fact that this is not immediately imploding the program and having guys bail out right then and there like everyone thought it would.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttnybuc
Silas Redd is staying. In fact, only 1 player is rumored to be transferring and that is Ryan Nowicki. Last number I heard was 33 other players have confirmed that they are NOT transferring from PSU, including LB Michael Mauti, FB Mike Zordich, LB Khairi Fortt, DB Adrian Amos, OL Donovan Smith, OL Matt Stankiewich, LB Gerald Hodges, WR Justin Brown, and DE Deion Barnes among others.

In terms of recruiting, QB Christian Hackenberg, TE Adam Breneman, DE Garrett Sickels, and OL Brendan Mahon have all confirmed their intent to remain with the Nittany Lions. DB Ross Douglas is the only recruit to decommit since the sanctions.

These sanctions are not scaring off these players.
Ask USC how that went. Their players said the same at first and then started transferring left and right and the sanctions they had/have are not anything compared.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 07-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

So far Iowa, Syracuse, and Central Florida have contacted Penn State about talking to players according Bill O'Brien. He said he appreciated the calls and some coaches (Kiffen probably) have not done that.

I think Iowa wants Malik Golden and Akeel Lynch.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
Rookie

nttnybuc's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
So far Iowa, Syracuse, and Central Florida have contacted Penn State about talking to players according Bill O'Brien. He said he appreciated the calls and some coaches (Kiffen probably) have not done that.

I think Iowa wants Malik Golden and Akeel Lynch.
Both are recruits so they don't need PSU's permission. I do know that Adrian Amos and Stephon Morris both said that numerous coaches from other schools are outside their apartments lobbying. PSU's AD has been notified and will likely have them removed.

If guys want to transfer, that's perfectly fine. Good luck to you and I completely understand, but I see a lot more guys remaining blue and white than most of you.

Last edited by nttnybuc; 07-25-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Bill O'Brien has impressed me with how he has handled everything and I have no doubt he will help convince some kids to stay.

He seems to be the right guy to be in charge right now. It remains to be seen how many kids go (I personally think it will be a good amount), but he is saying all the right things at the moment.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Awesome, I was just about to request a thread like this get started for us roster geeks

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 07-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #15
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nttnybuc
Considering USC cannot take on Redd without it counting against their scholarship numbers due to their sanctions...
!
We're only at 74. We can take Redd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #16
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

A player isn't going to decommit to no new home. Wait for them to map out where they are going than they will start to leave. Honestly it's slightly moronic to stay for the younger players, especially ones with NFL on the horizon, chances are stations are going to drop PSU games (ones outside the region obviously) and the lack of bowl and championship game takes them further out of the national spotlight. It's a brave thing to stay, not the intelligent thing. I do see Silas leaving, since he is an almost certain NFL draft pick and the more spotlight he gets the better for him. I really don't see him going to USC though, UGA or UT have popped up and both are much more believable since he can start from Day one. If he leaves to help his draft stock, he wouldn't go somewhere to potentially backup a guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »