Home

NCAA13 Roster Ratings Analysis

This is a discussion on NCAA13 Roster Ratings Analysis within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
NCAA13 Roster Ratings Analysis

Attached is a WinZip File containing a roster ratings impact analysis I have just completed. My objective in this analysis was to discover which ratings impact each position within a roster and the level of impact.

I began this analysis by downloading the Community Roster "IIIIIWISEIIIII" on December 7, 2012. I then developed the spreadsheet model attached. For each position, I recorded the original ratings for the highest rated player of all players in that position. Next, I reduced each individual rating by 20 points and recorded the impact on the OVR rating.

The resulting spreadsheet depicts which ratings impact the OVR rating for each position and which ratings have no impact on the OVR. I plan to use this spreadsheet as a guideline for creating my own custom ratings. I have already set up a print layout within each sheet to print the results columns on the left side of the spreadsheet on a single page.

Note that these are the static ratings which we can access with the editor, or directly within the game. Whatever dynamic changes are made to the ratings during the play of a game are determined by EA's hard-coded game software. Also note that in the Depth Chart, the OVR rating for players will be different when they are playing in positions other than their normal positions.

Enjoy.

Art

Update 12-19-2012: I have attached an updated Zip file to correct several acronyms. There are a number of column headers which show up in the editor with different headers than would be expected by just adding a "P" to the three-letter acronym which can be seen in the Roster section in the game.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA13 Roster Ratings Analysis.zip (40.1 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by Art01; 12-19-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Attach 2nd Corrected File
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Looking forward to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA13 Roster Ratings Analysis

I have uploaded a corrected Zip file on 12-19-2012. See Original Post for details.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »