Home

Art's NCAA13 XBOX Roster_A Different Approach

This is a discussion on Art's NCAA13 XBOX Roster_A Different Approach within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Art's NCAA13 XBOX Roster_A Different Approach

Last night (12-16-2012) I uploaded a new NCAA13 360 Roster into my EA Locker. The gamertag is: ARTD01. Details are:

Base Roster: IIIIIWISEIIIII, downloaded 12-07-2012.

Method of Editing: The Generic Editor created by Xanathol

Edits:

1. In COCH (Coach) Tab, set CDTY to 50 for all Coaches.

2. Under PLAY (Player) Tab:

2.1. Reduced PSPD by 15 for all WR, TE, FB.

2.2. Increased PRBK by 15 for all FB, TE, LG, LT, C, RG, RT

2.3. Reduced PKPR by 15 for all P

2.4 Increased PACC by 10 for all HB.

Rationale for these changes:

1. Setting Coach Defense Strategy (CDTY) to 50 seems to improve overall gameplay. This topic has been discussed in depth in the NEW MINDSET... thread.

2. Reducing Speed (PSPD) for all receivers is an attempt to take a different approach to offsetting the issue with the CPU team switching to Zone Aggressive during a game (the so-called "DB Glitch"). When I studied defensive players reactions when they were in zone coverage, particularly in Cover 2, against 4-Verticals, I noticed the stutter steps, side steps, and other moves which allowed receivers to get past them. So, I slowed down the receivers to permit the defenders more time to recover. So far, in my test games, this modification seems to be working for me. Note that I am not claiming to have corrected the Zone Aggressive issue - I'm just offsetting it's effects.

3. Increasing Run Blocking (PRBK) for all potential blockers on running plays is an attempt to improve the overall running game (this is a personal preference).

4. Reducing Kick Power for Punters (PKPR) is an attempt to create more punts which fall in the field of play, rather than bounding into the end zone.

5. Increasing HB acceleration (PACC) is an attempt to help HBs get going more quickly on outside running plays (another personal preference).

I expect that I'll make some additional changes as I go forward.

My play style is Coach-A-Game in the Play Now Menu set.

Enjoy

Last edited by Art01; 12-23-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Acronym Corrections
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Art's NCAA13 XBOX Roster_A Different Approach

I'll try these tomorrow in a user vs CPU game
Old 12-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Pro

After playing several more games with my new Roster approach, I believe that I have been successful in managng the DB Glitch. I am still experimenting with several settings and I may post an updated Roster within the next several days. However, I believe that my approach of reducing the net delta between the speed of receivers and the speed of cover people is an effective way to manage this issue.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Sedihawk2K5's Arena

OVR: 8

I gave these a shot yesterday, and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed it! I did complete a few four verticals, but it didn't seem nearly as wide open as it normally is. The separation in general with WR's and DB's seemed tighter than before. I am looking forward to playing these rosters again soon.

A couple of questions - 1) Did you do anything at all to the d-line in terms of pass rush? It seemed like I was under pressure a lot more than before, and I also got some decent pressure with my pass rush. I had the CPU QB tuck it and run several times, more than before. I also swear I saw some new interaction/animations out of the d-line and o-line that I just can't recall seeing before.

2) Did you do anything with the QB to have them run it more? Maybe it was because the WR speed was dialed down and the coverage was tighter, so in that moment the calculation is to have the QB get out of there vs. throwing it into tighter coverage?

3) Do you recommend any specific slider sets for these rosters?

Keep up the great work!
Old 12-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedihawk2K5
I gave these a shot yesterday, and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed it! I did complete a few four verticals, but it didn't seem nearly as wide open as it normally is. The separation in general with WR's and DB's seemed tighter than before. I am looking forward to playing these rosters again soon.

A couple of questions - 1) Did you do anything at all to the d-line in terms of pass rush? It seemed like I was under pressure a lot more than before, and I also got some decent pressure with my pass rush. I had the CPU QB tuck it and run several times, more than before. I also swear I saw some new interaction/animations out of the d-line and o-line that I just can't recall seeing before.

2) Did you do anything with the QB to have them run it more? Maybe it was because the WR speed was dialed down and the coverage was tighter, so in that moment the calculation is to have the QB get out of there vs. throwing it into tighter coverage?

3) Do you recommend any specific slider sets for these rosters?

Keep up the great work!
I play with all Sliders set to 50. I play Coach-A-Game mode. All Roster changes I made are described in my first email - otherwise, the Roster player ratings are whatever was in the original community Roster I downloaded on Dec 7, 2012 under the gamertag: IIIIIWISEIIIII. I play on either AA or Heisman. Game speed is Slow.

I have also noticed an increase in QB Scrambles.

If you have the editor and know how to use it, I recommend you experiment further with combinations of Receiver speed versus defender acceleration and speed. I am doing so myself, but I won't be able to post any updated Rosters until year-end.

So far as I am concerned, I have succeeded in offsetting the effect of Aggressive Zone Coverage. After several successful defenses of 4-verticals by the CPU, I have switched sides and confirmed that the CPU Zone Coverage was set to Aggressive - thus confirming that my changes have made it possible for defenders to recover on 4-verticals.

Glad you're enjoying my Roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Good to hear, Art. This is my last gasp on NCAA 13. Bout to try it out.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #7
Pro

UPDATE: Art's NCAA13 XBOX Roster_A Different Approach

I have posted an updated Roster tonight (12-28-2012 10:15 EST).

Base Roster: IIIIIWISEIIIII, downloaded 12-07-2012.

Summary of Changes: See attached Word Document

Gamertag: ArtD01

My Game Settings:

Difficulty: Heisman
Sliders: All set to 50.
Game Speed: Slow
Home Field Advantage: Off
Quarters: 8 Minute
PlayStyle: Coach-A-Game

This Roster has resolved the Zone Coverage Aggressive issue for me by offsetting the effect.

I have played a number of close and exciting games with this Roster.

I am still experimenting while enjoying playing games.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: doc 12-19-2012 Roster Edits Summary.doc (26.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I will test these out tomorrow ... These will be my play now rosters I use Since I already have a Dynasty going with MY Louisville Cardinals

But yeah I will see how things are tomorrow Mourning

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »