Home

Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

This is a discussion on Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

MISCELLANEOUS KNOWLEDGE THAT HELPED ME PRODUCE MY FINAL ROSTER

Every step of the way I kept in mind the knowledge I gained just from following the season as a Virginia Tech fan.

I also did some Web research on the team’s 2012 season and the team's recruits from last year.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-10-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
Pro

Re: Performance Talent- Level Accurate 2012 Rosters for NCAA13 XBOX 360 wanto help?

MY USE OF NFL DRAFT RESULTS AND DEFAULT ROSTERS TO HELP COME UP WITH OVRs

Two and three seasons back I checked the results of the NFL draft and noted the OVRs given to the drafted players on the NCAA 12 and NCAA 11’s games’ default rosters. There is some overlap in these ranges but I still find these numbers helpful in determining OVRs. If anyone is interested I can provide averages for all rounds.

I did some research on the Web and determined what round Virginia Tech players were expected to be drafted in this years draft. I included in my resarch players who were considering leaving early for the draft. I determined what the OVR would likely be of a player on the default roster of NCAA 13 taken about the same place in the draft. I kept this number in when when deciding whether I needed to edit the version of a player found on my base roster.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 02-10-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
Pro

Another thing I found very useful was an item entitled: “ACC Announces First Coaches All-ACC Football Team” (http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footb...120512aab.html) (I am sure you can find either a sports writer or coach “all” (“all-star”) team for every conference on the Web. One example of how I used it should suffice. Between the first team, the second team and honorable mention, three quarterbacks are on the list. I consulted the default NCAA 14 game rosters and wrote down the three ACC quarterbacks who had the highest OVRs. The lowest of the three had an OVR of 89. If memory serves me, the best QB had a 93 and the second best QB had a 91. If I were rating Boyd, who was the first team all ACC QB, I would probably edit him on my base roster, if necessary, to make his OVR a 93. If I were rating a QB who did not make the list, I would rate him at no higher than an 89. In fact, I would probably rate him as no higher than an 88. I realize that some obvious criticisms could be made of this method. However, what I have written in this post is not a rule but only a guideline that could be violated if circumstances dictated. One such circumstance could be the place a player is predicted to be drafted in the 2013 draft or would drafted in the 2013 draft if he left school early
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #12
Pro

AN EXPLANATIN OF MY EARLIER POSTS & MY MISTAKENLY MENTIONED RECRUITS

I do not know why I had mentioned recruits in some of my earlier posts on this thread. My 2012 rosters do not have any recruits. When I mentioned recruits I had in mind a different project. Sorry for the confusion. I have edited the earlier posts for clarity sake.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #13
Pro

DETERMING THE LETTER GRADES FOR A TEAM’S OFF, DEF AND OVERALL LETTER GRADE

I found that determining the letter grades for a team’s OFF, DEF and the team’s overall letter grade to be the hardest part of the work I did. I looked at predictions of how the teams in the ACC would do in 2012. I found two teams who were predicted to do about as well as Virginia Tech actually did during the 2012 season. One was predicted to do a little bit better than Virginia Tech did and one was predicted to do a little worse that Virginia Tech during the year. I decided that the letter grades should be about between the two. I also compared the OFF and DEF stats of the three teams. I came up with a B overall, a B- OFF and a B+ DEF. Since the default rosters ranked Tech as the #15 team in the nation I obviously had a lot of editing to do.

If I were doing a team that ended up ranked at the end of the bowl season I would proabably have given them the same overall letter grade of the team that had the same rank on the games default roster.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
Pro

A MUCH EASIER AND PERHAPS SUPERIOR METHOD TO RATING FRESHMAN

A much easier, and perhaps superior, method to ranking freshman to what I posted earlier in this thread might be found in a post included in a thread on this board entitled: “'13/'14 Rosters for NCAA '13 (XBox - WIP)” (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-wip-4.html) I may edit the freshman I had to create from scratch for my roster using this method. If I do I will use the “247 Composite” rankings and update this thread accordingly.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
Pro

CREATING FROM SCRATH OR EDITING NON-TRUE FRESHMAN

When creating from scratch or editing non-true freshman already on my base roster when need be I will sometimes use the methods I mentioned above for creating true freshman and then guess how a players progression would have changed his overall rating. Once I come up with a new overall rating for the player I the use the methods mentioned above in this thread to raise or lower his OVR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
Pro

EDITING RANKED TEAMS

I realize that when one consults the default rosters in NCAA 13 one finds that overall letter grade and ranking do not always match. In other words, you can sometimes find a team with a lower overall letter grade than a team that is ranked lower than it is. However, for the purposes of this project I would say that no team should have an overall letter grade that is lower than a team ranked lower than they are. I believe that for ranking purposes we could rely on the final BCA ranking. I will have to give more thought to this and would of course be open to suggestions from anyone who wants to help with this roster project.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »