Home

Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3) READ FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3) READ FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #401
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Rosters (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Read the 1st post
whys it dated from April?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #402
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Read the 1st post
nvm hahah thx
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #403
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatham01
I'm not sure where exactly I should post this but I figure it goes here. In the game for Auburn, we are getting a juco transfer QB by the name of Nick Marshall. He is going to wear number 14. He is projected by most to be the starter. He's going to be a Jr (not a Juco Soph) and I assume the last QB on the roster is meant to be him. If you are doing ratings he needs a boost, as many believe amongst all of our QB questions heading into this year he will be the answer. He's a faster type QB with a cannon of an arm. Accuracy and decision making are his issues, throwing 20 INTs and 17 TDs in JUCO (off the top of my head I believe those are correct). There is a highlight tape somewhere of him throwing a 70ish yard pass of his back foot(showcasing his arm strength) if I need to find that tape I could. Thank you for all the hard work y'all are putting into this. (I could always edit this myself if necessary) Also I wouldn't overrate him. I think somewhere around an 84 overall would be about right. Hopefully Gus can mold him into a star QB. Thanks again.
I swear Im not being a smarty pants but.........17 TDS & 20 INTs = an 84 OVR? Those #'s sound more in the 70s OVR to me. Then again, your an Auburn guy and Im a Bama guy.......perhaps we are both being a little bias? Lol
Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatham01
I'm not sure where exactly I should post this but I figure it goes here. In the game for Auburn, we are getting a juco transfer QB by the name of Nick Marshall. He is going to wear number 14. He is projected by most to be the starter. He's going to be a Jr (not a Juco Soph) and I assume the last QB on the roster is meant to be him. If you are doing ratings he needs a boost, as many believe amongst all of our QB questions heading into this year he will be the answer. He's a faster type QB with a cannon of an arm. Accuracy and decision making are his issues, throwing 20 INTs and 17 TDs in JUCO (off the top of my head I believe those are correct). There is a highlight tape somewhere of him throwing a 70ish yard pass of his back foot(showcasing his arm strength) if I need to find that tape I could. Thank you for all the hard work y'all are putting into this. (I could always edit this myself if necessary) Also I wouldn't overrate him. I think somewhere around an 84 overall would be about right. Hopefully Gus can mold him into a star QB. Thanks again.
No offense intended at all, but isn't an 84 OVR for a JUCO QB who had more INTs than TDs a little high? Granted, I know nothing about the player in question, but based off your post it seems like a 75-78 would be more appropriate until he proves otherwise.

If this same player had transferred to Kent State and was projected to be the starting QB, would you still think he should be an 84 OVR?

That's just my opinion, but I generally think most of the players out of the box are extremely overrated. Whenever I edit my team I usually lower their ratings to what I think unbiased and fair. For example, last year for Purdue I had Robert Marve at 79 and Caleb Terbush at 77.

I just wish the player ratings were lower (too many players rated in the 90s and 80s), or even better, if they used the same rating scale as Madden.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #405
Pro

TheLeviticalLawKid3's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
Then again, your an Auburn guy and Im a Bama guy.......perhaps we are both being a little bias? Lol
Probably. I think he should be our highest rated QB, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #406
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10

My Hawkeyes are an 88 ovr with a 90 defense coming off a 4-8 season... lol cmon EA sports how is that even possible?

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #407
Rookie

MFarrer74's Arena

OVR: 2

Really appreciate the hard work.....I'll play Ultimate team and patiently wait for these rosters....thanks again
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #408
Rookie

Cheatham01's Arena

OVR: 2

I do see all of your opinions. But honestly I believe that. They rated the other QBs on our roster at 81 and 79. The 79 overall could not even complete a screen pass last year, Kiehl Frazier. Jonathan Wallace did alright, but not near what we needed. Everything I have heard out of practice is that the position is Marshall's to lose. Malzahn's offense will benefit him. He has a cannon and he's quick, fast and agile. Like I said he struggled with Accuracy and Awareness. But he has to be better than our other QBs, if he is the better one. Which is currently what it's sounding like coming out of practice. An 84 overall would tie him for the 59th best QB in the game. Honestly that sounds about right, drop him to an 82, making him barely the starter ties him for the 91st best QB. Low accuracy and awareness, high throw power with decent speed, agility and quickness.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »