Home

Generic Editor with NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Generic Editor with NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 03:19 AM   #401
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Generic Editor with NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
No wonder they can't score lol!
Hey man again appreciate your work. I downloaded your latest roster set today well at least I think I did.lol I know you said you adjusted stamina ratings but I still had some players going out after 3 plays and these were skill players. I had the third string rb rotating in on some drives and on the line I had TE,s playing tackle due to the stamina issue . I just wanted to make sure that your latest roster included stamina adjustments and if you noticed this issue as well. If so I will just edit player stamina to keep players on the field longer even though editing a player with your roster will recalculate and bring down the ovr for each player edited. To me its worth as your roster set and edits are on point..Thanks again..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #402
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
If you change the FCS teams to High School it leaves them in, but their overall drops to F- and they ALWAYS lose by at least 50. Highest I've seen is this gem.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How do you actually change the FCS teams to high school?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #403
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Do not...DO NOT play against the FCS teams if you label them as highschool. There are no players on the field and it freezes at kick off because no one can kick it lol.

they shouldn't be showing up at all on any schedules.

trying to remember what I did to get this.

try changing team "TYPE" to match highschool (1 to 7)

Or maybe change them to a fantasy or something.
There is a way to remove them completely though, just got to find my notes among a trashy computer desk.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #404
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
they shouldn't be showing up at all on any schedules.

trying to remember what I did to get this.

try changing team "TYPE" to match highschool (1 to 7)

Or maybe change them to a fantasy or something.
There is a way to remove them completely though, just got to find my notes among a trashy computer desk.
I have a save at that point so let me know and I can do some testing.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #405
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

what gets added to teams schedules if the FCS schools dont show up?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #406
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Alright guys. Pretty excited about this. So I've created a workbook excel file that will allow you to edit every rating for every player in under a min with some simple cut and paste action. The best part is the scale and numbers you want to input are adjustable.

Now this is a giant mass editing setup that isn't made for individual changes or position specific changes. It's a simple vlookup formula that takes the original rating and converts it to what ever new rating you want. For example if you want everyone's Speed to go down by 10 just use the speed table, input your new numbers in the 2nd column (new #) and all changes are made for you. I think it's really cool. I've used a % scale system to get my ratings but you can just input whatever you'd like.

Quick run down on how to make it work.
-The file has 3 tabs (Ratings Range Scale, Players, Player # Reference)
-Ratings Range Scale tab has all attributes listed in it's own table with the old rating and new rating. Also has a few other functions such as %, old range, new range, and new attribute low. These are numbers I used to widen the highs from the lows. It's not needed if you plan on putting in your own numbers with any formula. The only part read by the formula is the Old Rating# and New Rating #.
-Players tab is where the meat of the file is. It is blank to start but has all the formulas set and ready to read once you input the information in the Players # Reference tab.
-Players # Reference tab is where you paste the info from the exported player csv file created by the Ncaa Dynasty Editor.
-All you need to do is set your values in the Ratings Range Scale tab, copy all player info for exported csv file created by Ncaa Dynasty Editor, paste that info to the Players # Reference tab, and all the player info will show up on the Players tab with your new ratings. Simply copy that info and paste back to the csv file. Close csv file and when asked to save file make sure you save it as csv (so you lose all the formulas but keep the numbers inserted by said formula). Import back in the Ncaa Dynasty Editor and bam you're done.
-Right now its set up to read 8575 lines. That is the output in Yukon's roster file. Not sure if other roster have more or less but keep a look out for this. If its less lines you will need to scroll down and delete those zero'd out lines or if more lines just copy and paste however many extra you need to keep file readable by the Dynasty Editor.

I fell like I suck at explaining this stuff so I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say lol. I plan on adding the ability to do the same thing with Recruits but the format is a little different so I'll have to make some changes. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ncaa 14 Roster Edits.zip (2.61 MB, 91 views)
Old 08-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #407
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Link to my roster thread so I don't clutter this one up.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 08-03-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #408
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Alright guys. Pretty excited about this. So I've created a workbook excel file that will allow you to edit every rating for every player in under a min with some simple cut and paste action. The best part is the scale and numbers you want to input are adjustable.

Now this is a giant mass editing setup that isn't made for individual changes or position specific changes. It's a simple vlookup formula that takes the original rating and converts it to what ever new rating you want. For example if you want everyone's Speed to go down by 10 just use the speed table, input your new numbers in the 2nd column (new #) and all changes are made for you. I think it's really cool. I've used a % scale system to get my ratings but you can just input whatever you'd like.

Quick run down on how to make it work.
-The file has 3 tabs (Ratings Range Scale, Players, Player # Reference)
-Ratings Range Scale tab has all attributes listed in it's own table with the old rating and new rating. Also has a few other functions such as %, old range, new range, and new attribute low. These are numbers I used to widen the highs from the lows. It's not needed if you plan on putting in your own numbers with any formula. The only part read by the formula is the Old Rating# and New Rating #.
-Players tab is where the meat of the file is. It is blank to start but has all the formulas set and ready to read once you input the information in the Players # Reference tab.
-Players # Reference tab is where you paste the info from the exported player csv file created by the Ncaa Dynasty Editor.
-All you need to do is set your values in the Ratings Range Scale tab, copy all player info for exported csv file created by Ncaa Dynasty Editor, paste that info to the Players # Reference tab, and all the player info will show up on the Players tab with your new ratings. Simply copy that info and paste back to the csv file. Close csv file and when asked to save file make sure you save it as csv (so you lose all the formulas but keep the numbers inserted by said formula). Import back in the Ncaa Dynasty Editor and bam you're done.
-Right now its set up to read 8575 lines. That is the output in Yukon's roster file. Not sure if other roster have more or less but keep a look out for this. If its less lines you will need to scroll down and delete those zero'd out lines or if more lines just copy and paste however many extra you need to keep file readable by the Dynasty Editor.

I fell like I suck at explaining this stuff so I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say lol. I plan on adding the ability to do the same thing with Recruits but the format is a little different so I'll have to make some changes. Hope this helps someone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Link to my roster thread so I don't clutter this one up.
Love multi quoting myself lol. Anyways just letting anyone interested that I've got the workbook set to do recruits now as well as players. You can download at the link in my Roster thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »