Home

Creating New Prospects For Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on Creating New Prospects For Your Dynasty within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Creating New Prospects For Your Dynasty

Hey Guys,

I had a quick question about creating prospects. Before you get into your Dynasty, it asks you if you'd like to create prospects. My question is, if you make somebody, can you make sure they are on your team for next season or do they just go into the recruiting pool?

For instance if I'm ND and I want to make Elijah Hood to have on my team for next year, am I able to do that? Or, if I make him, will the other schools have a chance to recruit him?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Creating New Prospects For Your Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
Hey Guys,

I had a quick question about creating prospects. Before you get into your Dynasty, it asks you if you'd like to create prospects. My question is, if you make somebody, can you make sure they are on your team for next season or do they just go into the recruiting pool?

For instance if I'm ND and I want to make Elijah Hood to have on my team for next year, am I able to do that? Or, if I make him, will the other schools have a chance to recruit him?

Thanks!
They just become a general recruit.... you then need to try and recruit them. Making them in your Teams town/state is about the only advantage to getting them to come to you. Being ND, you should be able to throw enough at almost any recruit to get them if you really want.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Rookie

doomsday72499's Arena

OVR: 5

If it is like old games, he goes into recruiting pool and you have to recruit him like anyone else.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

Thank you very much!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
Hey Guys,

Thanks!
I know this is cheating, but if you really wanted him, you could also give him all the stats as you would a HB, but label him as a Punter/Kicker and put his kicking stats to 0. This way he will show up as a 1* Kicker or Punter in the general population and no one will want to recruit him, thus making it very easy for you to sign him. Once you sign him, turn his position back to HB in the offseason.

Again this is cheating to an extreme, but in this case that guy really is going to ND next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
Rookie

prototype12's Arena

OVR: 3

The easiest way to go about it is just recruit a RB. Any RB..try for a 5 star to keep it realistic or 4 star. Then once you land them and the next season starts change the name and height and weight etc.

Then if you fail at getting a high ranked RB you can always recruit a low 1 star or 2 star with a school like ND and get one. This way you have the fun of landing a RB recruit and not cheat to get one then change him but you can just recruit a RB and make him who you want (which is kinda cheating if you make a 1 star a 5 star) lol
Philadelphia 76ers
West Virginia Mountaineers
Florida Gators '96 '06 '08

Last edited by prototype12; 07-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Rookie

All good stuff, thanks. I'd just like to be able to have some of these top recruits that are already commited for next year to help expand on my dynasty just a little bit. And then I obviously would stay away from recruiting 4-5 star guys at those positions.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
I know this is cheating, but if you really wanted him, you could also give him all the stats as you would a HB, but label him as a Punter/Kicker and put his kicking stats to 0. This way he will show up as a 1* Kicker or Punter in the general population and no one will want to recruit him, thus making it very easy for you to sign him. Once you sign him, turn his position back to HB in the offseason.

Again this is cheating to an extreme, but in this case that guy really is going to ND next year...
I used to do this before roster edits happened. I had to limit myself to 1 K and 1 P per year but they were always my Heisman winners after a year or two cause they would usually turn out too good. I remember one K who turned out to be Bo Jackson / Barry Sanders. 3x Heisman winner, all-time rush/tds, etc. Good times.

And I would always have a Charles Woodson / Deion CB type waiting to explode on unsuspecting QBs.

Last edited by JustAnotherGamer; 07-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »