Home

Are ratings off on this game? Braxton Miller (OSU) has ratings like Lebron James?

This is a discussion on Are ratings off on this game? Braxton Miller (OSU) has ratings like Lebron James? within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are ratings off on this game? Braxton Miller (OSU) has ratings like Lebron James?

Braxton Miller: 93.9 QBR; 2039 Passing Yards; 15 tds 6 ints; 58.3% completion percentage....but he throws very well. RIGHT. Maybe he could be a 96 rated running back but not QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Are ratings off on this game? Braxton Miller (OSU) has ratings like Lebron James?

The Alabama QB is rated a 97 lol... Sure, he's got what, 2 national titles, but, really, a 97 overall... Seems kind of high for a player of his skill set...

He's always seemed like the "trent dilfer" of that team to me... He's good, don't get me wrong, but he's not the reason they win, he's a real good game manager...

imo a 97 rating should be reserved for those gamebreaking talents liek Andrew Luck at QB... Guys that can literally make every throw and carry their team...

And yes, I'm a die hard Buckeye fan, and I'll agree, Miller is rated too high at 96... Speed, Acc, Agi clearly play too much of a role in the OVR rating number, but, its always kinda been that way... the OVR rating number doesn't really mean anything at all... I've had some players in the mid 70's and low 80's play great for me in my dynasties

psn - CeeGee
Old 07-13-2013, 05:48 AM   #27
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .MgB.
He has a point... I get that his speed and such should be high... but his throwing abilities and such should be low enough to bring him back down to earth.
I attend OSU and have been to every home game in the last two years, and I've watched every road game as well. Also, I went to the spring game this year, which was after Braxton worked with George Whitfield (the same guy who has worked with Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.). And his throwing in the spring game looked WAY better.

Players usually flourish in their second year under Urban's system. Look at Alex Smith, or the year that Tebow had. Braxton didn't have a ton of time to learn the offense, and it showed. And his mechanics were a mess. They're still not perfect, but they're a lot better now.

Also, if you've watched him, you'd know that his arm strength is insane. Remember the game you guys won his freshman year? Where he overthrew three of his receivers for would-be touchdowns? It's accuracy that's his problem. Not arm strength. And his passing accuracy in NCAA 14 is an 82, I think, which is about right.

As for the person who said he should have a 96 speed, I disagree. He's more of a finesse runner than a pure speed guy. His juking ability, agility, and elusiveness are off the charts.

I'd love it if the ratings were more like FIFA, where the best players are around a 90, and the true superstars are in the low-mid 90's. But that's not going to happen under the current dev team.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 AM   #28
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattynokes
Maybe Miller's accuracy is a little high, but let's not act like he had a terrible season passing. The bigger mistake would be Devin Smith. He had trouble making routine catches late in the season (which makes Miller look worse than he was), but hey you make one great catch week one and zOMG you're amazing!
Yup. Devin Smith dropped three touchdown passes in the Indiana game alone last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheBraves
Braxton Miller: 93.9 QBR; 2039 Passing Yards; 15 tds 6 ints; 58.3% completion percentage....but he throws very well. RIGHT. Maybe he could be a 96 rated running back but not QB.
The "Braxton should be a running back" thing is ridiculous. He has elite arm strength. Bad mechanics and dropped balls really made his stats look lackluster last year, but he worked with Whitfield this summer to improve that. And Whitfield is the guy who helped Johnny Manziel go from a three-star, redshirted QB to an elite quarterback.

Also, his throwing ratings are pretty accurate IMO. I think he's at like a 92 arm strength and low-80's accuracy. His running stats are great, but there's no way his juke move should only be an 80. He's made cuts that I still can't believe a human being is capable of.

And passing isn't the only thing you should judge a QB on. He had 1200 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns. In a spread offense, where QB rushing is huge, he absolutely is worth a mid-90's rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan91
You can't judge a Michigan QB just by his record against OSU. Henne was a very good college QB.
Agreed. Henne was a very good college QB. Not on the level of a guy like Newton, or Andrew Luck, but still a very good college QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
Imagine the Michigan fan whining about it lol!!! Have you seen him play? An 86?? He is one of the Heisman Trophy favorites, along with a handful of other awards! He tore you up pretty good last year as a Sophomore, and something tells me in about four and a half months you won't be asking this question anymore
Miller's game against Michigan wasn't great, but yeah. I remember there was a huge debate on here last year because I said I thought he deserved around an 85 or 86. There were people on here saying he was only worth about an 80. I told them that he was going to have a huge year, but before the season started, an 85 or 86 was reasonable. And that's what he ended up being rated.

A 96 is a really high rating, yeah, but let's not forget that AJ McCarron is a 97 in the game. McCarron is good, but he's probably the least talented starter on that team. Braxton is, by far, the most talented starter on our offense.

Second season in the spread + better mechanics + better weapons = a season worthy of that 96 rating. And with EA Tiburon's notoriously high ratings, if he comes back for his senior season, he could end up being a 99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan91
Henne, average at best? Dude, WTF?

And then you go on to say that Miller can throw very well?

Miller's only a moderately better passer than Denard Robinson was...
I disagree with your comparison of Miller to Robinson. As I said before, Braxton's arm strength is incredible. Denard's arm strength was always his weakness. Both have similarly flawed mechanics, but at least Braxton could get away with a lot because he could throw absolute bullets.

I'm telling you guys, if he stays healthy this year, look out for him to win a Heisman. His stats are going to get WAY better.

EDIT: And I don't mean for this to sound as homer-ish as it probably does. I completely agree that EA's rankings are inflated, but Braxton is absolutely on-par with the top rated QB's in the game. There are dozens of players we could call overrated in this game, or underrated. If anything, we should be having a discussion about revamping the ratings system, which I really hope happens on the next gen.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #29
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Henne was probably as good as Brady comparing their NCAA stats. Anyway, I got off the wrong foot. I def think stats are all over the place. I even think Gardener 89 is a bit high.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #30
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Is this really turning into a Michigan vs Ohio State war? Come on guys.
War. War never changes....

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #31
Rookie

btbessaay's Arena

OVR: 1

Going back to the overrated players topic, has anyone seen an o-lineman pick up the ball?!?! I sacked the opposing qb for -5 yards and got a little present when an o-lineman picked up the ball and ran backwards, then the guy juked my whole freaking team and gained another 6. he was too quick and agile, i was taken aback. its happened once again after. Anyone else seeing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

If you guys all think the Base Roster is over inflated with too many high rated players.... I just hope none of you are gonna play a Dynasty, cause you will straight lose your mind in a few seasons !

I actually raised even more players ratings to make it better reflect what is gonna happen in a Dynasty.... because that is what I play this game for.
You gotta adapt to survive...even in the football gaming world !

You are not gonna change EA's ways...so either embrace their systems, or you will be miserable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »