Home

I hate EA so much some times (Roster Related)

This is a discussion on I hate EA so much some times (Roster Related) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I hate EA so much some times (Roster Related)

So apparently, if your player isn't at least 5'10" and 175 lbs, he won't go to the NFL draft. So if you already have a draft class and you didn't change De'Anthony Thomas or other HB, WR and such to be at least 5'10" they won't go to the draft? Grrrrr. So now I have to restart my dynasty and edit all these players to be at least 5'10". What was EA thinking when they did this?

Apparently if you're not 5'10" you can't be in the NFL

5'9" - Trent Richardson, Wes Welker, Brandon Flowers, DeAngelo Williams, Steve Smith, Mike Tolbert, Doug Martin, Frank Gore, Antoine Winfield
5'8" - Ray Rice, Tim Jennings, Tavon Austin
5'7" - Maurice Jones-Drew
5'6" - Darren Sproles

That's just the best players... every team has like 4-7 players that are under 5'10" on their roster.

I wonder what the conversation was like at EA. "I know what we'll do. We'll make it so that if people are too small they can't go to the NFL Draft. That will make the off-season more interesting." Straight to implementation with no research done at all.

Anyone else frustrated by this? It feels dumb editing all these players to be taller than they are when the actual solution is that height / weight shouldn't play a factor if they are 90+ overall. I could see if a player wanted to stay another year in college and not go to the draft early if they were underweight for their position, but not going to the draft because they are 1 inch too short? bah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I hate EA so much some times (Roster Related)

Yeah its really frustrating and I hate it too. My RB was a 95 ovr and won a Heisman his senior year while finishing 2nd his junior year. 93 speed, 90 agility, 95 acceleration. But because he was 5'7 185 he didnt even sniff the NFL. I mean c'mon man. What team wouldnt want that? Bugs me.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

I really think this is just related to how NCAA displays it to us, in this game.

I still think the actual Draft Class that goes to Madden will still take the
"X" number of "Highest Rated" players per position, like they always have.

Like if it's slot for QB's is 16 ... The highest Rated 16 QB's that left NCAA, will be in the Draft Class.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Just started!

gmen2013's Arena

OVR: 2

Does anyone know if this is an actual "bug" or if the highest rated players per position will import to madden?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmen2013
Does anyone know if this is an actual "bug" or if the highest rated players per position will import to madden?
I don't think its possible for any of us to know until Madden comes out or a developer says something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Just started!

gmen2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I don't think its possible for any of us to know until Madden comes out or a developer says something.
Agreed i was hoping someone had insider info
Old 07-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

This issue isn't as big of a factor to the game as guys like Jadeveon Clowney not declaring for the draft. Pretty ridiculous you need to make the top underclassmen seniors in order to have a semi-realistic dynasty past year 1. I've already stated my displeasure with the progression system that also makes dynasty past year 1 unplayable, but that's another thread.

Like yukon said I believe that the 'pro draft projected round' stuff is just to determine school's Pro Potential grade for recruiting, and will have 0 impact on importing for Madden draft classes.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Just started!

gmen2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
This issue isn't as big of a factor to the game as guys like Jadeveon Clowney not declaring for the draft. Pretty ridiculous you need to make the top underclassmen seniors in order to have a semi-realistic dynasty past year 1. I've already stated my displeasure with the progression system that also makes dynasty past year 1 unplayable, but that's another thread.

Like yukon said I believe that the 'pro draft projected round' stuff is just to determine school's Pro Potential grade for recruiting, and will have 0 impact on importing for Madden draft classes.
Also agreed after my first season had so many underclassmen stay i.e. manziel, bridgewater, clowney, ka'deem carey, mike evans and the list goes on and on...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »