Home

NCAA 14 Freshmen Rating Scale

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Freshmen Rating Scale within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 14 Freshmen Rating Scale

I just checked over the Virgnia tech default roster and learned that the lowest rated player is actually an OVR 71 and not a 70.

I also looked at other teams on the defualt roster and determined that other teams do have freshman with OVRs in the 60s and even lower. I may have been wrong to think that freshman across the board were rated higher in this year's game but I still can not account for the fact that Virgina Tech's freshman are rater higher than ever before in the game.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Is there any format you use to rate things like strength and blocking? Out of the box EA has some true/RS freshman rated very high in strength. I've always tried to tone down the strength for young guys because most of them need a year or two in the weight room to get up to the level of older guys.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Is there any format you use to rate things like strength and blocking? Out of the box EA has some true/RS freshman rated very high in strength. I've always tried to tone down the strength for young guys because most of them need a year or two in the weight room to get up to the level of older guys.
The only thing I have found to be helpful is a thread started on this board. Do a search for "The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013" I assume it applies to NCAA 14 but I am not sure.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 08-20-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
Rookie

TeriyAkin's Arena

OVR: 1

I think it would make sense to use 40 time for acceleration, bench/squat for strength, cone drill for agility, height/weight for speed... I like your overalls but I feel like 85 for the top guys would seem ok (probly just one maybe two guys) ...just me thinking out loud here
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriyAkin
I think it would make sense to use 40 time for acceleration, bench/squat for strength, cone drill for agility, height/weight for speed... I like your overalls but I feel like 85 for the top guys would seem ok (probly just one maybe two guys) ...just me thinking out loud here
You might also want to look at the thread started on this board entitled: "The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013" I assume it applies to NCAA 14 but I am not sure. It does not account for ACC.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #14
Rookie

TeriyAkin's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
You might also want to look at the thread started on this board entitled: "The Anatomy of a Players Overall Rating - NCAA 2013" I assume it applies to NCAA 14 but I am not sure. It does not account for ACC.
hmmm interesting... I'm gonna have to disagree with that logic (if it's the same as 14, probably is), real life football is more about acceleration and agility than it is about speed. if it wasn't everyone who does track would absolutely kill in football but they don't, only a few do and those ones aren't even they very best track athletes... EA should of made acceleration much more of a factor hopefully they do it for the next game
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriyAkin
hmmm interesting... I'm gonna have to disagree with that logic (if it's the same as 14, probably is), real life football is more about acceleration and agility than it is about speed. if it wasn't everyone who does track would absolutely kill in football but they don't, only a few do and those ones aren't even they very best track athletes... EA should of made acceleration much more of a factor hopefully they do it for the next game
I should have done a better job explaining myself. What I meant was that the thread I mentioned relates to NCAA 13 and not NCAA 14. If the video game has not changed the way it handles recruits than the same thread also applies to recruits in NCAA 14. This is what I meant why I said I assume it does apply to the current version of the game. The thread does not cover the ACC rating. In last years game there was a huge gap in ACC between some players who had the same SPD. I belive I found that in one case it was 18 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #16
Rookie

jwjones's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Piecee
I should have done a better job explaining myself. What I meant was that the thread I mentioned relates to NCAA 13 and not NCAA 14. If the video game has not changed the way it handles recruits than the same thread also applies to recruits in NCAA 14. This is what I meant why I said I assume it does apply to the current version of the game. The thread does not cover the ACC rating. In last years game there was a huge gap in ACC between some players who had the same SPD. I belive I found that in one case it was 18 points.
1st thank you for the roster thread help but did you have a suggestion for the freshmen rating scale? Between high school football, the military, and trying to be a husband I've been away for a bit. I wish EA can show there formula in making recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »