Home

True Gameplay: Inside the Ratings

This is a discussion on True Gameplay: Inside the Ratings within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: True Gameplay: Inside the Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
So as far as setting an entire roster this way how would that work? If I'm understanding what you've said correctly u have to set it team by team.
This is were Excel guru's have the upper hand because it will make it easy/faster because you can just do a template for teams consisting of 32's, one based off of 63's, and one consisting of those 95's, then do a cut-n-past to those schools of similar level/status.
So when I set Akrons OL vs Alabama's DL to equal 100% the next week when when those 2 teams play someone else I would have to adjust again? No, I need to go back and edit and clarify the OP. I was super tired when doing this.
Also I noticed that Awr wasn't mentioned. Obviously that's a generalized rating (I think). Anymore info on that? Correct it's a Generalized rating, but it's the 2nd heaviest weight used (after Speed) that impacts the game greatly. This is were much of the variation from player to player will come from because it impacts every positions ratings and because it's linear (best to worst) we have a scale of 0-127 that will give variation to players/teams/conferences.

And my god how do u find this stuff? lost's of time, way too hot and not a lot of money floating around to just get out of the house and go do something.

Sent from my fingers to your face and since I'm using my cell short hand typing will be acceptable.
The weird thing is that I get more enjoyment doing this stuff vs actually playing the game.

Last edited by khaliib; 08-17-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
So khaliib, will setting stamina at "0" make running backs sub out after 1 run or how does it factor into sub in/out?
What's weird is that I made "NO" adjustments to sub in/out sliders, yet the AI subbed in/out for me and AI on a realistic bases. Even more strange, was that it depended on what happened during the play (short vs long run and/or fighting for extra yards etc... This is a rating that has established measurables that dictate the sub in/out process. I say this because QB's, OL nor DB's never subbed out like the other positions
Man I got a week and a half to set all this up.

Also what about the team overall ratings at a specific position?
I thought it did because I manually put Alabama at 127 and Akron at 25 and thought this impacted the game, but forgot I had heavily edited these teams to get them to consistently obtain the outcomes that would normally occur. This is were the OP originally materialized from.

Would setting those ratings for each team make a difference as opposed to doing each teams individual players(referring to the counter ratings)? The OVR's are just for show. As a matter of fact, to add a new element I "0" all the OVR's for Teams and Players. The CPU will always use these according to pre-programmed measurables no matter what we do to them. So they're just for us to have a visual aid to follow/use the linear bad to good scale. Now I have to really scout the stats to see were a teams strengths and weaknesses are. Same goes for players, especially dealing with Recruits. The CPU knows and will go after the best players. The Hum player now does not know what type of player they're getting unless they do in-depth scout
Using the Generic Editor, it's actually much faster than what it initially looks like just in words.

Knowing how to use Excel to cut-n-paste is even faster
Old 08-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The weird thing is that I get more enjoyment doing this stuff vs actually playing the game.
Beautiful. Excel, that's right up my alley. So basically as far as the counter ratings go I just have to stick to the 5 point scale(0%, 25%, 50%, 75%,100%) and determine what teams deserve what ratings correct? I feel another excel project brewing up lol. And then use the generalized ratings on a 0-127 point scale?

Im getting super excited to mess with this stuff. Great find man.

Sent from my fingers to your face and since I'm using my cell short hand typing will be acceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
MVP

Got to get something to eat real quick, then will post a Position Template to make it easier of what to edit for those not real in-depth with the Editor's.

Side note:
Out of 7 games using Akron vs Alabama tester, I have lost by a minimum of 4 TD's every game without any goofy AI stuff going on.

Found myself playing to at least get into Field Goal distance.
This set-up has made field goals and kickers very relevant now.

Which is what I want to happen when I am obviously over-matched.

Also, these edits are doing something to PAT/Punt block, because players are just barely missing blocks now on both.
- this includes players coming through the middle as opposed to just outside.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Are u using just default sliders to? That would be freaking awesome.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm not a pro with Excel but I'm willing to learn to get this in my game as quickly as possible!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Are u using just default sliders to? That would be freaking awesome.
I use Sliders for slight tweaking, which should be the purpose and not for overhauling. The issue is that sliders follow 0/25/50/75/100 which is a issue because the true scale is 0-127, but I wouldn't put it past that they are based on EA's default 40-99 scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm not a pro with Excel but I'm willing to learn to get this in my game as quickly as possible!tdawg's your man
going to add a position template to the OP listing all the non-labeled fields needed specific to each Position.

Last edited by khaliib; 08-17-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2

need to emphasize setting "jump" to 0, had a d lineman for alabama intercept a pass 20yards downfield by jumping bout 6 feet in the air

playing ncaa11 set ala to 95 penn st to 63 score was 28-3 first quarter(of course i quit). fumbled opening kickoff(returned for td) d lineman interception(see above).total domimation by alabama but penn st had some chances. gonna try notre dame 95 vs alabama at alabama homefield adv on, see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »