Home

My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: My 30 Year roster set is now available for NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
tommycoa, how about illinois? jeff george, simeon rice, brandon lloyd, pierre thomas, mikel leshoure, rashard mendenhall, howard griffith, kevin hardy, etc.
Hook me up with some more names and if possible numbers, heights, weights, and any possible memory you have. Remember 82-to now. Not super familiar with Illinois. Would George be the QB or Tony Eason?

I know it seems like a lot but I want to do it. The encouragement of the community has made me get back on the horse and gain more momentum on the project.

I think I'm gonna do all the major schools and maybe a few of the smaller schools. My plan with the smaller schools would be to take possible Conference USA or the American Conference (both have good names for my idea) and make a Super Conference for BYU, Boise State,San Diego State, Houston, Southern Miss, SMU, South Florida (not sure if they'd have enough players since the football program isn't that old) Central Florida, Miami (Ohio), Marshall, East Carolina, Hawaii, Louisville, LA Tech, Fresno State, and either or Rutgers/Northern Illinois.

I'll probably will sprinkle guys like Brian Ulracher, Jason Taylor, Jeff Garcia(struggling for names) type players on the other teams. The research on this stuff is killer for the bigger schools but much worse for the smaller ones.

May even do a FCS Super team on team builder. I know Playmakers has a All-time SWAC team. Maybe after the National championship the FBS team can play the winner of FCS Legends vs SWAC Legends.

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-05-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #58
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Hook me up with some more names and if possible numbers, heights, weights, and any possible memory you have. Remember 82-to now. Not super familiar with Illinois. Would George be the QB or Tony Eason?

I know it seems like a lot but I want to do it. The encouragement of the community has made me get back on the horse and gain more momentum on the project.

I think I'm gonna do all the major schools and maybe a few of the smaller schools. My plan with the smaller schools would be to take possible Conference USA or the American Conference (both have good names for my idea) and make a Super Conference for BYU, Boise State,San Diego State, Houston, Southern Miss, SMU, South Florida (not sure if they'd have enough players since the football program isn't that old) Central Florida, Miami (Ohio), Marshall, East Carolina, Hawaii, Louisville, LA Tech, Fresno State, and either or Rutgers/Northern Illinois.

I'll probably will sprinkle guys like Brian Ulracher, Jason Taylor, Jeff Garcia(struggling for names) type players on the other teams. The research on this stuff is killer for the bigger schools but much worse for the smaller ones.

May even do a FCS Super team on team builder. I know Playmakers has a All-time SWAC team. Maybe after the National championship the FBS team can play the winner of FCS Legends vs SWAC Legends.
you could go with eason or george....maybe add both. also, david williams from the early 80's. also, dana howard, kevin hardy, moe gardner and whitney mercilus. i'll work on getting more info for you. i really like your ideas too.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #59
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

LOVE the rosters. Started a dynasty with four conferences as all time ones (ACC, PAC12, BIG, and SEC)

Played Ohio State as Tech in non con and won a gutty 14-7 game. Used Zebbie lethridge with the BYU PB as it has 4 I formations along with a sprinkle of read option and enough air raid concepts to be satisfied. Troy Smith had something like 200 yards rushing.

Im curious though, what sort of sliders do you use with these rosters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
LOVE the rosters. Started a dynasty with four conferences as all time ones (ACC, PAC12, BIG, and SEC)

Played Ohio State as Tech in non con and won a gutty 14-7 game. Used Zebbie lethridge with the BYU PB as it has 4 I formations along with a sprinkle of read option and enough air raid concepts to be satisfied. Troy Smith had something like 200 yards rushing.

Im curious though, what sort of sliders do you use with these rosters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I've been using Matt's Playmakers/Community Sliders. They are pretty good. The Read Option can be contained well with his set. It's not as unstoppable as it was with other sliders. But big plays are cut to a minimum. I play the game a bit different from most people. I control both offenses. This allows me to play 15 minute Quarters with the game plan Tempo set at chew clock the entire game. I have a whole system of crazy rules I use for my system. I'm just anal about this stuff.

Formation Subs are the Key to these rosters. I wish I could do them from the main menu. But I do make formation subs for offense and defense to get more players on the field. Most teams I use a 2 QB system. For Notre Dame I Formation Sub Mirer/Brady/Rice. Makes for a hell of an experience.

I do need to fix the depth chart for Texas Tech. Welker should be the third WR and Amendola the 4th. I've been using Lloyd Hill as the other receiver in 2 receiver sets. In 4 receiver sets, I mix it up a bit. I also put Haverty in at the TE for the H formations in shotgun. I really like the 5-3 150 pound Thurman. (couldn't make him that big in he game. It's really weird looking at him in the depth chart and seeing his strength as a 3.

Really like the BYU suggestion for a playbook. I was using Washington State and it's hard to get Bam Morris in the game. I put him in the Pistol H and single back formation. and mix Henderson and Hanspard in the shotgun sets. The couple of games I've played Hanspard isn't much of a threat from the Shotgun. I will change the playbook to BYU. Thanks for mentioning that.

How good did Zach Thomas perform. Of he two games I've played; he's been a showstopper.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 AM   #61
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I've been using Matt's Playmakers/Community Sliders. They are pretty good. The Read Option can be contained well with his set. It's not as unstoppable as it was with other sliders. But big plays are cut to a minimum. I play the game a bit different from most people. I control both offenses. This allows me to play 15 minute Quarters with the game plan Tempo set at chew clock the entire game. I have a whole system of crazy rules I use for my system. I'm just anal about this stuff.

Formation Subs are the Key to these rosters. I wish I could do them from the main menu. But I do make formation subs for offense and defense to get more players on the field. Most teams I use a 2 QB system. For Notre Dame I Formation Sub Mirer/Brady/Rice. Makes for a hell of an experience.

I do need to fix the depth chart for Texas Tech. Welker should be the third WR and Amendola the 4th. I've been using Lloyd Hill as the other receiver in 2 receiver sets. In 4 receiver sets, I mix it up a bit. I also put Haverty in at the TE for the H formations in shotgun. I really like the 5-3 150 pound Thurman. (couldn't make him that big in he game. It's really weird looking at him in the depth chart and seeing his strength as a 3.

Really like the BYU suggestion for a playbook. I was using Washington State and it's hard to get Bam Morris in the game. I put him in the Pistol H and single back formation. and mix Henderson and Hanspard in the shotgun sets. The couple of games I've played Hanspard isn't much of a threat from the Shotgun. I will change the playbook to BYU. Thanks for mentioning that.

How good did Zach Thomas perform. Of he two games I've played; he's been a showstopper.
As far as formation subs go. I sub Lethridge in for two of the I sets, the one pistol set, and the shotgun set with the H back. (using BYU book)

Bam Morris is more short yardage back, so he's in for goal line and the I tight set. Henderson gets the majority of the Shotgun snaps other than the one with the H back, which Handspard gets.

One of the Leach QB's usually gets the start each game.

Zach Thomas is tied for leading the nation in tackles. Animal.

I run the 425. I love getting Dwayne Slay on the field. Like a third linebacker that runs better. Just played with a newer slider set and got pounded by Michigan State. To be fair though, I am a little drunk.

I'm playing this season as a primer for when you do more teams and I can do a season on a greater scale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
As far as formation subs go. I sub Lethridge in for two of the I sets, the one pistol set, and the shotgun set with the H back. (using BYU book)

Bam Morris is more short yardage back, so he's in for goal line and the I tight set. Henderson gets the majority of the Shotgun snaps other than the one with the H back, which Handspard gets.

One of the Leach QB's usually gets the start each game.

Zach Thomas is tied for leading the nation in tackles. Animal.

I run the 425. I love getting Dwayne Slay on the field. Like a third linebacker that runs better. Just played with a newer slider set and got pounded by Michigan State. To be fair though, I am a little drunk.

I'm playing this season as a primer for when you do more teams and I can do a season on a greater scale.
Got a lot going on right now. I have three girls and my wife is currently back in college. Two are playing soccer and they are on different teams because of age. Since my wife is in school 2 nights a week, I'm running around with the girls. My other daughter is in band and I volunteered to help in the concession stand for the football games. And all three of them are in a wedding this weekend.

I hope to get back on NC State by Sunday night. If anyone wants to punch the names I have listed below, that won't bother me a bit. I did nearly half the leg work on the NC State roster. Got bogged down when I got to the offensive line. That's where things get complicated when I'm editing a team I know very little about. Hopefully metalicarl will come back on here and help me out. Here's what I have for them thus for:

(You'll notice the FBG abbreviation in some of these. This means they are current players and I can use info from www.fbgratings.com These guys use similar logic that I use. Hero, if you look Wes Welker up on this site, you'll see that I knocked him up a lot from where these guys have him. I probably will go back in and knock him up a little.)

NC State

QB
17 Phillip Rivers 6’5 225 Decatar, al PP 58 speed; 88 THP; 88 THA; good foot work 92 AWR;

4 Jamie Barnette 6’ 190 Scrambler 80 speed 82 THP; 73 THA, mobile

7 Charles Davenport- 6’3 210 Scrambler PRO WR; 85 speed

8 Mike Glennon 6’7 225 PP 60 Speed; 89 THP; 79 THA; 75 AWR

12 Erik Kramer 6’1 200 PP 65 speed; 85 thp; 78 tha; 85 awr

RB
44 TA McClendon 5’11 235 Power 76 Speed; 77 Strength; 84 ACC; 95 Truck; 90 ELU; 90 BCV; 86 AGI; Low stamina and injury

20 Tremayne Stephens 5’11 206 Speed 88 Speed; great jumper; 65 Str; 88 AGI; 88 ACC; 88 Elusive; 65 truck; 72 catch

24 Andre Brown 6’ 227 Power 84 speed; 80 accel; 85 truck; 64 elusive; 69 strength; 90 BCV;

43 Anthony Barbour 5’9 172 Speed 95 speed; elusive; not strong; injury prone

23 Gary Downs 6’1 210 Power

FB
26 Carlos King 6’ 230 Blocking
35 Rod Brown 6’2 225 Receiving

WR
81 Tory Holt 6’ 200 Speed 88 Speed; 95 Hands; 90 RR; 93 ACC; 95 SPEC; 92 CIT; deep threat; great release

82 Jericho Cotchery 6’1 200 Balanced 84 speed; 80 RR; 90 CIT; 85 CTC; 80; 70 release; 80 BCV; 67 STR;

3 Koren Robinson 6’1 205 Balanced 89 Speed; Raw Ability; 70 Strenth; 80 BKT; 80 Truck: 80 ELU; physical;

80 Alvis Whitted 6’ 185 Speed 85 speed average at everthing else

19 Eddie Goines 6’ 186 Possession Great Hands decent speed; good after catch

17 Naz Worthen 5’8 185 Speed

47 Haywood Jeffires 6’2 199 Speed 93 Speed; 90 Jmp;great intangibles average receiving skills; 80 CTC; 85 Spec: 88 CIT deep threat one of Warren Moons favorite targets in Houston

83 Danny Peebles 5’11 180 Speed 90 Speed; deep threat; marginal skills otherwise

TE
87 Sean Berton 6’2 255 Blocking 61 speed; 70 acc; 77 strength; 73 ctch; 62 PB; 75 RB; 75 IB

80 TJ Williams 6’3 250 Balanced 73 speed; good ath ability; decent blocking 72 AWR

84 George Bryan FBG

T
75 Sean Locklear 6’4 310 Pass 85 STR; 91 pb; 78 rb; 82 IB; 82 agi; 80 acc; 75 awr

73 Scott Kooistra 6’6 335 Pass 86 str; 68 awr; 84 pb; 78 rb; 74 ib; 80 agi; 79 acc

Ian rafferty

Jeraill McCuller

Joe Milinichik

Joey Page

Scott Adell---all conf 2nd team 1991

Guard
G Lonie Gilbert--all conf 1997
G Reggie Singletary--played DE in NFL
C Chuck Massero--all conf 1987
G Charlie Cobb--all conf 2nd team 1990
G Clyde Hawley--all conf 2nd team 1991
G Mike Gee--all conf 1992

Center
Leroy Harris C-G
Ted Larsen C

DEFENSE
DL
DE
Mario Williams DE
Manny Lawson DE
Sean Price DE--physical freak with speed
Carl Reeves DE
53 Mark Thomas 6’5 260 Blocking

DT
Ricky Logo NT
Ray Agnew DT-DE
DT DeMario Pressley
John McCargo DT
Tank Tyler DT

MLB
Damien Covington MLB
Morocco Brown MLB
Dantonio Burnette MLB--awesome tackler
Oliver Hoyte MLB--played FB for Cowboys

OLB
33 Vaughn Johnson 6’3 230
Bobby Houston OLB
Levar Fisher OLB
Pat Thomas OLB
Stephen Tulloch OLB
Nate Irving OLB
Audie Cole OLB

DB
32 Sebastian Savage 5-11 187
CB Tony Scott
CB Fernandus Vinson
AJ Davis CB
Marcus Hudson CB
3 Lloyd Harrison 5’11 180 awesome in college, picked off Weinke 3x in game
Hassan Shamsid-Deen CB
Izel Jenkins CB
David Amerson CB

Safety
Terrence Holt S--blocked numerous punts/kicks
Andre Maddox S
Adrian Wilson S--hitting machine/ NFL pro bowler
42 Jesse Campbell S
Earl Wolff S
S DaJuan Morgan

P Preston Poag---40+ avg for 3 years, also backup QB
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #63
Pro

Can someone upload the 30 years roster on here?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #64
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Got a lot going on right now. I have three girls and my wife is currently back in college. Two are playing soccer and they are on different teams because of age. Since my wife is in school 2 nights a week, I'm running around with the girls. My other daughter is in band and I volunteered to help in the concession stand for the football games. And all three of them are in a wedding this weekend.

I hope to get back on NC State by Sunday night. If anyone wants to punch the names I have listed below, that won't bother me a bit. I did nearly half the leg work on the NC State roster. Got bogged down when I got to the offensive line. That's where things get complicated when I'm editing a team I know very little about. Hopefully metalicarl will come back on here and help me out. Here's what I have for them thus for:

(You'll notice the FBG abbreviation in some of these. This means they are current players and I can use info from www.fbgratings.com These guys use similar logic that I use. Hero, if you look Wes Welker up on this site, you'll see that I knocked him up a lot from where these guys have him. I probably will go back in and knock him up a little.)

NC State

QB
17 Phillip Rivers 6’5 225 Decatar, al PP 58 speed; 88 THP; 88 THA; good foot work 92 AWR;

4 Jamie Barnette 6’ 190 Scrambler 80 speed 82 THP; 73 THA, mobile

7 Charles Davenport- 6’3 210 Scrambler PRO WR; 85 speed

8 Mike Glennon 6’7 225 PP 60 Speed; 89 THP; 79 THA; 75 AWR

12 Erik Kramer 6’1 200 PP 65 speed; 85 thp; 78 tha; 85 awr

RB
44 TA McClendon 5’11 235 Power 76 Speed; 77 Strength; 84 ACC; 95 Truck; 90 ELU; 90 BCV; 86 AGI; Low stamina and injury

20 Tremayne Stephens 5’11 206 Speed 88 Speed; great jumper; 65 Str; 88 AGI; 88 ACC; 88 Elusive; 65 truck; 72 catch

24 Andre Brown 6’ 227 Power 84 speed; 80 accel; 85 truck; 64 elusive; 69 strength; 90 BCV;

43 Anthony Barbour 5’9 172 Speed 95 speed; elusive; not strong; injury prone

23 Gary Downs 6’1 210 Power

FB
26 Carlos King 6’ 230 Blocking
35 Rod Brown 6’2 225 Receiving

WR
81 Tory Holt 6’ 200 Speed 88 Speed; 95 Hands; 90 RR; 93 ACC; 95 SPEC; 92 CIT; deep threat; great release

82 Jericho Cotchery 6’1 200 Balanced 84 speed; 80 RR; 90 CIT; 85 CTC; 80; 70 release; 80 BCV; 67 STR;

3 Koren Robinson 6’1 205 Balanced 89 Speed; Raw Ability; 70 Strenth; 80 BKT; 80 Truck: 80 ELU; physical;

80 Alvis Whitted 6’ 185 Speed 85 speed average at everthing else

19 Eddie Goines 6’ 186 Possession Great Hands decent speed; good after catch

17 Naz Worthen 5’8 185 Speed

47 Haywood Jeffires 6’2 199 Speed 93 Speed; 90 Jmp;great intangibles average receiving skills; 80 CTC; 85 Spec: 88 CIT deep threat one of Warren Moons favorite targets in Houston

83 Danny Peebles 5’11 180 Speed 90 Speed; deep threat; marginal skills otherwise

TE
87 Sean Berton 6’2 255 Blocking 61 speed; 70 acc; 77 strength; 73 ctch; 62 PB; 75 RB; 75 IB

80 TJ Williams 6’3 250 Balanced 73 speed; good ath ability; decent blocking 72 AWR

84 George Bryan FBG

T
75 Sean Locklear 6’4 310 Pass 85 STR; 91 pb; 78 rb; 82 IB; 82 agi; 80 acc; 75 awr

73 Scott Kooistra 6’6 335 Pass 86 str; 68 awr; 84 pb; 78 rb; 74 ib; 80 agi; 79 acc

Ian rafferty

Jeraill McCuller

Joe Milinichik

Joey Page

Scott Adell---all conf 2nd team 1991

Guard
G Lonie Gilbert--all conf 1997
G Reggie Singletary--played DE in NFL
C Chuck Massero--all conf 1987
G Charlie Cobb--all conf 2nd team 1990
G Clyde Hawley--all conf 2nd team 1991
G Mike Gee--all conf 1992

Center
Leroy Harris C-G
Ted Larsen C

DEFENSE
DL
DE
Mario Williams DE
Manny Lawson DE
Sean Price DE--physical freak with speed
Carl Reeves DE
53 Mark Thomas 6’5 260 Blocking

DT
Ricky Logo NT
Ray Agnew DT-DE
DT DeMario Pressley
John McCargo DT
Tank Tyler DT

MLB
Damien Covington MLB
Morocco Brown MLB
Dantonio Burnette MLB--awesome tackler
Oliver Hoyte MLB--played FB for Cowboys

OLB
33 Vaughn Johnson 6’3 230
Bobby Houston OLB
Levar Fisher OLB
Pat Thomas OLB
Stephen Tulloch OLB
Nate Irving OLB
Audie Cole OLB

DB
32 Sebastian Savage 5-11 187
CB Tony Scott
CB Fernandus Vinson
AJ Davis CB
Marcus Hudson CB
3 Lloyd Harrison 5’11 180 awesome in college, picked off Weinke 3x in game
Hassan Shamsid-Deen CB
Izel Jenkins CB
David Amerson CB

Safety
Terrence Holt S--blocked numerous punts/kicks
Andre Maddox S
Adrian Wilson S--hitting machine/ NFL pro bowler
42 Jesse Campbell S
Earl Wolff S
S DaJuan Morgan

P Preston Poag---40+ avg for 3 years, also backup QB
That looks pretty spot on just looking at what you've finished, I'll try to look up some guys for you this weekend....just wish I could give these a play but I'm a PS3 guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »