Home

NCAA 14 NFL Alumni Roster (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 NFL Alumni Roster (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
NCAA 14 NFL Alumni Roster (PS3)

First off, don't get your hopes up that this roster will be completed any time soon, or even completed at all.

What I've been doing is going to ProFootballReference.com and cherry picking a bunch of NFL guys and putting them on their former school's roster. That site lets you look at each school's alumni page, so it's relatively easy to find guys and put them on teams.

Player ratings are sort of a hybrid of their NFL and college career, with an emphasis on player skill set, and I'm spreading out players across all different classes.

At this point I'm still in the very early stages, with I think a total of 30 or so players created, on Notre Dame and USC. I plan to first do primary players first, focusing on rivalries (Ohio St. and Michigan likely up next), and then filling out the rosters with role players and backups. So basically the roster can be more or less playable with key players, even at this early stage.

First roster has been uploaded. I will update this thread as it goes along, and if I stop work on it I will post here as well. Again, this will progress at a snail's pace.

PSN ID: smallestofseeds

Progress as of September 7th, 2013

Key players done for the following teams:

Notre Dame
USC
Ohio State
Michigan

Last edited by RandyBass; 09-07-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
MVP

Re: NCAA 14 NFL Alumni Roster (PS3)

I've got the primary players for Notre Dame and USC done and uploaded. Moving on to Ohio State and Michigan. Again, be patient.

Notre Dame features QB Joe Montana, two solid TEs in Dave Casper and Mark Bavaro, a solid group of WRs led by Tim Brown, and Raghib Ismail returning kicks. On defense they are led by their two DTs, Alan Page and Bryant Young (helps to switch to a 4-3), as well as SS Dave Duerson and MLB Nick Buoniconti.

USC is led by HB Marcus Allen on offense, running behind a line featuring Anthony Munoz, Ron Mix, and Bruce Matthews. Their running game sets up play action for QB Rodney Peete and a solid group of WRs including Lynn Swann. On defense they are led by their hard hitting secondary, including FS Ronnie Lott, as well as a solid group of LBs featuring Junior Seau.

Enjoy!

Last edited by RandyBass; 09-04-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sounds awesome, thanks for doing these!
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Sounds awesome, thanks for doing these!
No problem, still a long ways to go!

Ohio State has been uploaded, with 20 or so key players. Their offense is set up by the power running of HB Eddie George, which opens up the passing attack for QB Bobby Hoying and WRs Cris Carter, Paul Warfield (actually played HB in college, but one of my favorite all time WRs in the pros), Dante Lavelli, and speedster Joey Galloway who also returns kicks.

Their defense is tough against the run with three quality LBs in Randy Gradishar, Bill Willis, and Chris Spielman. Behind them is a quality defensive backfield led by hard hitting FS Jack Tatum.

Currently working on Tom Brady and the Michigan Wolverines.

edit:

Ohio State's default playbook is awful for this personnel. I hope to have playbooks worked out for this file, in the time being I suggest using a Pro style playbook for Ohio State.

Last edited by RandyBass; 09-04-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
MVP

Michigan has been uploaded. QB Tom Brady leads a balanced attack, with speedy WRs Anthony Carter and Desmond Howard catching passes and HB Tyrone Wheatley running the rock. On D you got stellar CB play with Charles Woodson, Ty Law, and Dave Brown, with DE Len Ford providing the pass rush.

Next up, nothing. The lack of fumbles and penalties is killing this game for me. I just can't commit to a project like this when the game is so lacking. I'm still going to tinker around with it to see if I can get it to play like football, and who knows maybe another patch is on the way, but I doubt that.

A whole generation of football titles, both college and pro, and EA can't get one out that holds my attention for more than a few weeks. SMH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 05:03 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Michigan has been uploaded. QB Tom Brady leads a balanced attack, with speedy WRs Anthony Carter and Desmond Howard catching passes and HB Tyrone Wheatley running the rock. On D you got stellar CB play with Charles Woodson, Ty Law, and Dave Brown, with DE Len Ford providing the pass rush.

Next up, nothing. The lack of fumbles and penalties is killing this game for me. I just can't commit to a project like this when the game is so lacking. I'm still going to tinker around with it to see if I can get it to play like football, and who knows maybe another patch is on the way, but I doubt that.
A whole generation of football titles, both college and pro, and EA can't get one out that holds my attention for more than a few weeks. SMH.
Will this be one large roster file or be on teambulider?
Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
Will this be one large roster file or be on teambulider?
It's one file, and you can download it from the in game roster sharing.

Still hoping for another patch to work in more fumbles and penalties, otherwise this project will remain on hiatus.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
It's one file, and you can download it from the in game roster sharing.

Still hoping for another patch to work in more fumbles and penalties, otherwise this project will remain on hiatus.
Go into your penalties settings and lower your facemask penalties. This will increase your fumbles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »