Home

Question for my fellow roster modders

This is a discussion on Question for my fellow roster modders within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Question for my fellow roster modders

The few, the proud... haha. I've been messing around creating hybrid rosters the past few months via csv file edits. I recently cross edited a roster I have been working on, with the Buffeye file and Bentely's team tab files with coaching edits. Everything looks good, but I decided to take it one step further and push a couple rosters beyond the 69 man limit.

I added a couple of players to three different rosters (FSU, USC, Texas), giving each 71 men in the csv file, which I then imported to my master roster file. It worked fine, I'm happy to report. However, I found one glitch when playing the game. My impact players were off two origin numbers. Meaning, the player with the star designation ended being a guy two origin numbers up from the player I assigned as an impact player. Two numbers, and I added two players to those specific teams in the editor.

The odd thing is, this is only seen on the field. In the team management section, impact players are assigned correctly. Now I've done quite a bit of editing with each team, assigning proper impact player and captains. Why would creating - in essence - an additional player to a roster shift impact player designation in the game? The numbers are in the proper places in the editor and I can't see anything else to correct this issue.

Thank you for any suggestions. It would be really nice to solve this issue with having to reduce roster numbers back to 69.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Question for my fellow roster modders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
The few, the proud... haha. I've been messing around creating hybrid rosters the past few months via csv file edits. I recently cross edited a roster I have been working on, with the Buffeye file and Bentely's team tab files with coaching edits. Everything looks good, but I decided to take it one step further and push a couple rosters beyond the 69 man limit.

I added a couple of players to three different rosters (FSU, USC, Texas), giving each 71 men in the csv file, which I then imported to my master roster file. It worked fine, I'm happy to report. However, I found one glitch when playing the game. My impact players were off two origin numbers. Meaning, the player with the star designation ended being a guy two origin numbers up from the player I assigned as an impact player. Two numbers, and I added two players to those specific teams in the editor.

The odd thing is, this is only seen on the field. In the team management section, impact players are assigned correctly. Now I've done quite a bit of editing with each team, assigning proper impact player and captains. Why would creating - in essence - an additional player to a roster shift impact player designation in the game? The numbers are in the proper places in the editor and I can't see anything else to correct this issue.

Thank you for any suggestions. It would be really nice to solve this issue with having to reduce roster numbers back to 69.
I'm sorry I'm unable to really help with your problem, but what field designates impact player? I'd love to edit those a bit. I didn't realize somebody had found it.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #3
Pro

It's in with the team tabs. I'll have to pull it up on my other computer, but if you know the orig numbers of your players, you'll see them in those fields. There are three impact fields and two team captain fields. I wanna say the first impact field is TSI1, which is the player in the first quarter cut screen. The second is like TIMP, which is often your defensive player and the offensive player is TIOP or something like that. Cool thing is, you can have all offensive or defensive players if you want. Like, I made A&M Manziel, Evans and Malena all impact players. Offense is what makes A&M go, so why not? Shoot, you can make linemen impact players if you want.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
It's in with the team tabs. I'll have to pull it up on my other computer, but if you know the orig numbers of your players, you'll see them in those fields. There are three impact fields and two team captain fields. I wanna say the first impact field is TSI1, which is the player in the first quarter cut screen. The second is like TIMP, which is often your defensive player and the offensive player is TIOP or something like that. Cool thing is, you can have all offensive or defensive players if you want. Like, I made A&M Manziel, Evans and Malena all impact players. Offense is what makes A&M go, so why not? Shoot, you can make linemen impact players if you want.
Cool! I found all the fields and the origin numbers, but how do you create multiple impact players? Do I change the origin numbers for the players to the one number in the team section, or do I somehow add multiple values to the TMPI, TPIO? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswiki
Cool! I found all the fields and the origin numbers, but how do you create multiple impact players? Do I change the origin numbers for the players to the one number in the team section, or do I somehow add multiple values to the TMPI, TPIO? Thanks in advance!
Yep. You just switch out the origin number of the player you want as an impact player in that field. Same goes for team captains. Those fields are DCAP and OCAP, if I recall.

No takers on the issue of adding more than 69 players to a roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »