Home

Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters

What sliders are good to use with this roster?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 03-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Awesome looking set. One issue I noticed is that FIU has a series of duplicate players...which will definitely cause the system to lock-up (I tried...and it did...)

Edit: FAU has the same issue and Umass only has 2 players..looks like some database issues when merging the files.

Also, with all due respect, LSU is jacked up as the ratings are no where consistent with other teams. They only have 22 players with overall ratings BELOW 90, whereas the other top programs (like USC, Bama, etc.) have at MOST 20 players ABOVE 90. Also, the Miss State team you added, while not as egregious, is still too highly rated relative to their place in the roster. For example, I'm not buying that Fred Smoot is as good as guys like Steve Atwater, Eric Turner, Lawyer Milloy, etc.

The problem with those two teams isn't the job you did creating them, it is how they fit in relative to the rest of the roster.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-02-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #19
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

Can someone post the file so we can try converting to 360?

I have no idea how, but I certainly would give it a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
Can someone post the file so we can try converting to 360?

I have no idea how, but I certainly would give it a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I'd love to see this merge. I hope you can do it.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Awesome looking set. One issue I noticed is that FIU has a series of duplicate players...which will definitely cause the system to lock-up (I tried...and it did...)

Edit: FAU has the same issue and Umass only has 2 players..looks like some database issues when merging the files.

Also, with all due respect, LSU is jacked up as the ratings are no where consistent with other teams. They only have 22 players with overall ratings BELOW 90, whereas the other top programs (like USC, Bama, etc.) have at MOST 20 players ABOVE 90. Also, the Miss State team you added, while not as egregious, is still too highly rated relative to their place in the roster. For example, I'm not buying that Fred Smoot is as good as guys like Steve Atwater, Eric Turner, Lawyer Milloy, etc.

The problem with those two teams isn't the job you did creating them, it is how they fit in relative to the rest of the roster.
I think the original poster had stated he wasn't using the same ratings guidelines me and tcoaker was using for the rosters.

Once the file is converted to xbox 360 i'd be happy to go in and adjust any rosters the original poster provided to make it match with what me and tcoaker had done with our respective files.

But i don't think anyone has converted this over to XBOX 360 yet.....

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 03-03-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 03:37 AM   #22
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
With approval from Playmaker I have created a roster which combines all existing teams from his All-Time Dynasty roster with 12 teams on his upcoming To-Do list with teams from Tommycoa's 30-Year roster set.

The teams from Tommycoa's 30-Year roster which have been merged into this new roster are as follows:

Baylor; Georgia Tech; N.C. State; North Carolina; Purdue; South Carolina; Southern Mississippi; Texas A&M; Texas Tech; Vanderbilt; Virginia; Washington

along with two All-Time teams I created: LSU & Mississippi State

Full credits for this Roster goes to the following:

Playmaker for his All-Time Dynasty Roster
Tommycoa for his 30-Year Roster
Art01 for his drive to make this happen
Mick-S for converting these rosters to the PS3

I consider this only an interim alternative to Playmakers continuation of his totally fabulous All-Time Dynasty Roster efforts.

This "Interim" roster for the PS3 can be downloaded from the EA-Locker using the ID of Unkle_Juice

*** Side Note *** anyone wishing to build an All-Time team or teams which are not yet included in this roster set please do so and send me your completed roster identifying the team or teams you have created and would like to be merged into this Interim Roster set and I will be more than happy to merge it and upload it into the EA-Locker for others to enjoy. That would be a great method to build a very extensive All-Time roster set.

*** Furthermore *** this method could also be a grand way to have this community come together to create other Rosters of interest such as Decade Specific Rosters for the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s etc. each individually containing the best yearly specific team of the decade for each team. I would be more than happy to coordinate such an effort and execute the merging of teams built by contributing community members.
Post file?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

These look awesome.

Can they be used in Dynasty play or just a one season mode?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
These look awesome.

Can they be used in Dynasty play or just a one season mode?
They should be good for dynasty mode that last about 2-3 years....

I'm not sure about the combined rosters but the 60 teams I created have quite a few Freshmen and Soph's I slotted specifically by era so that the file could be extended beyond one season of play.

For example Reggie Bush and Vince Young are not starters on their respective teams because I have older players like Marcus Allen, OJ Simpson and Bobby Layne ahead of them on the depth charts as Seniors.

One of the best benefits of this file that I think is very underrated is the ability to take 1000's of these players and IMPORT them into Madden 25 creating an All Time Madden draft class.

There were a few guys who notified me that they utilized the Alumni rosters just for that reason alone and were able to get tons of Legendary players into Madden all at one time.

I was really hoping someone could convert these to XBOX 360 which would allow me to extend the file to about 100+ teams which would arguably be the largest NCAA Football Historic File that I can recall.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 03-21-2014 at 06:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »