Home

Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters

With approval from Playmaker I have created a roster which combines all existing teams from his All-Time Dynasty roster with 12 teams on his upcoming To-Do list with teams from Tommycoa's 30-Year roster set.

The teams from Tommycoa's 30-Year roster which have been merged into this new roster are as follows:

Baylor; Georgia Tech; N.C. State; North Carolina; Purdue; South Carolina; Southern Mississippi; Texas A&M; Texas Tech; Vanderbilt; Virginia; Washington

along with two All-Time teams I created: LSU & Mississippi State

Full credits for this Roster goes to the following:

Playmaker for his All-Time Dynasty Roster
Tommycoa for his 30-Year Roster
Art01 for his drive to make this happen
Mick-S for converting these rosters to the PS3

I consider this only an interim alternative to Playmakers continuation of his totally fabulous All-Time Dynasty Roster efforts.

This "Interim" roster for the PS3 can be downloaded from the EA-Locker using the ID of Unkle_Juice

*** Side Note *** anyone wishing to build an All-Time team or teams which are not yet included in this roster set please do so and send me your completed roster identifying the team or teams you have created and would like to be merged into this Interim Roster set and I will be more than happy to merge it and upload it into the EA-Locker for others to enjoy. That would be a great method to build a very extensive All-Time roster set.

*** Furthermore *** this method could also be a grand way to have this community come together to create other Rosters of interest such as Decade Specific Rosters for the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s etc. each individually containing the best yearly specific team of the decade for each team. I would be more than happy to coordinate such an effort and execute the merging of teams built by contributing community members.

Last edited by doncropper; 02-15-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added comments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters

WOW ! This is great. Thanks so much for doing this !!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Playmakers combined with Tommycoa's Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
With approval from Playmaker I have created a roster which combines all existing teams from his All-Time Dynasty roster with 12 teams on his upcoming To-Do list with teams from Tommycoa's 30-Year roster set.

The teams from Tommycoa's 30-Year roster which have been merged into this new roster are as follows:

Baylor; Georgia Tech; N.C. State; North Carolina; Purdue; South Carolina; Southern Mississippi; Texas A&M; Texas Tech; Vanderbilt; Virginia; Washington

along with two All-Time teams I created: LSU & Mississippi State

Full credits for this Roster goes to the following:

Playmaker for his All-Time Dynasty Roster
Tommycoa for his 30-Year Roster
Art01 for his drive to make this happen
Mick-S for converting these rosters to the PS3

I consider this only an interim alternative to Playmakers continuation of his totally fabulous All-Time Dynasty Roster efforts.

This "Interim" roster for the PS3 can be downloaded from the EA-Locker using the ID of Unkle_Juice

*** Side Note *** anyone wishing to build an All-Time team or teams which are not yet included in this roster set please do so and send me your completed roster identifying the team or teams you have created and would like to be merged into this Interim Roster set and I will be more than happy to merge it and upload it into the EA-Locker for others to enjoy. That would be a great method to build a very extensive All-Time roster set.

*** Furthermore *** this method could also be a grand way to have this community come together to create other Rosters of interest such as Decade Specific Rosters for the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s etc. each individually containing the best yearly specific team of the decade for each team. I would be more than happy to coordinate such an effort and execute the merging of teams built by contributing community members.
Loving this man. To have my name next to Playmakers is awesome. He's the Godfather of classic rosters. Wish I had a PS3. If people are looking to make rosters Playmakers and I have a Create a Player Database at virtualsportsnetork.com

Last edited by tommycoa; 02-15-2014 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't know how you guys merge these rosters but I think that is absolutely incredible and a faster way to increase the total number of All-Time classic teams on one roster file.

My ultimate goal was always to create the largest assembled NCAA roster file for classic teams ever and every year I would only be able to knock out about 50-60 teams and then run out of time.

Combining this file with tcoaker puts the total number of teams up to about 80and I could probably add another 10-20 teams easily for all small school programs such as Wyoming, Idaho, Utah St and Kent St.

In regards to all decade team suggestion I've never really done teams for specific year only.....I was initially working on a 1990's All Decade Alumni Roster file but then put the project on hold to complete my Madden Classic rosters.

That is something I still want to eventually do and creating those teams for the 90's based on each teams best specific squad for that decade sounds intriguing.

I don't think I've ever seen a roster set done that way before for the NCAA Football game but I could probably pull it off for the bigger school programs only.....not so much the smaller programs.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 02-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Loving this man. To have my name next to Playmakers is awesome. He's the Godfather of classic rosters. Wish I had a PS3. If people are looking to make rosters Playmakers and I have a Create a Player Database at virtualsportsnetork.com
We don't need a PS3.....

I think what he is doing from talking to him is find away to merge rosters into one big complete file.

For example if you added 10 teams on your own file and i added 10 teams on my file he would grab the files seperatley and then merge the teams.

IMO this would be amazing because technically we could end up a NCAA Classic roster file with about 100 teams which is unheard of from my all years of doing these rosters.

I know we were both planning to add more teams to each of own files but if he say's he can merge the files together than really I don't need to create those additional 20 big school programs because you had already most of them on your file.

I would then only need to work on smaller school programs like Wyoming, Idaho and Utah St teams that I don't think anyone has ever created before.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Please provide specific details of how I can access that Create a Player Database you referenced above.

Mick-S converted both your & Playmakers rosters from xBox to PS3 and he might be gracious enough to convert back to xBox these combined rosters once they are at a point of being worthy of his conversion efforts.

If significant others jump into contributing to this idea of community building of individual teams and having them all assembled into one or more roster sets, depending on type of team being built (i.e. All-Time; specific year or specific decade), then I would gladly purchase an xBox to manage such efforts if the xBox is the most widely used console.

Last edited by doncropper; 02-15-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This is awesome! Thanks for putting this together for the PS3.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
Please provide specific details of how I can access that Create a Player Database you referenced above.

Mick-S converted both your & Playmakers rosters from xBox to PS3 and he might be gracious enough to convert back to xBox these combined rosters once they are at a point of being worthy of his conversion efforts.

If significant others jump into contributing to this idea of community building of individual teams and having them all assembled into one or more roster sets, depending on type of team being built (i.e. All-Time; specific year or specific decade), then I would gladly purchase an xBox to manage such efforts if the xBox is the most widely used console.
I've tried to work on year specific rosters and it's a bust if it's not from 2000-now. The info isn't there. And even if we did have names, weights and heights, it'd be a task to get each player right as for as tendency's go.

When I tweaked this years rosters, I went to each players recruiting profile and made gave the players ratings according to those scouting reports. On the topic of current year rosters, I thing each league should have a commissioner and that commissioner should edit his conference weekly to keep the rosters up to date. but that's just me. Overall ratings shouldn't be so important. It's nailing the tendency's of the players that make this game great. I see people complain about scrambling QBs taking so many sacks. i don't see this in Playmakers or my rosters.The DE's are toned down and their tackle rating isn't high. I try to keep dline tackling in the 70s if they aren't a stud. D Tackles in the high 60s.

With these older guys, I go to comc.com to get the majority of my info. It's a sporting card website that allows you to look at the back of the card and I get info from there. The early 90s is the sweet spot for info. Mainly the Stadium Club cards. Each card has excellent scouting reports on the back.

As far as my classic roster sets go, I try to rate the players by their collegiate output.Players like Priest Holmes and Terrell Davis didn't make my 30 Year set for those reasons but the will be on my all time Madden team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »