Home

1966 NCAA 14 Roster

This is a discussion on 1966 NCAA 14 Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: 1966 NCAA 14 Roster

Just completed another great game. I was Georgia playing at Miami. It was a super defensive battle (just like the 1960's should be). I out-gained the Canes but they always closed the door at the Goal line. Late in the 4th it was 9-3 Canes (all field-goals !). I made a desperate drive and do-everything HB Kent Lawrence made a circus catch to get the ball to their 11 yard line. I had to score a T.D. to win. I had burned all of my timeouts and there was just a shade under a minute left. Two passes fell incomplete. A screen to Wheeler netted only 2 yards. With a scant 2 seconds left I snapped the ball for the last play. Kirby Moore dodged a rusher and lobbed the ball toward the ever present Lawrence in the end zone. Lawrence leaped...made the catch over a defender and was pasted by Miami's all American safety Tom Brier. Brier (who had intercepted a pass earlier) jarred the ball loose and set off the home crowd's celebration. I keep losing---and I keep loving the games. For the umpteenth time---"GREAT JOB CARL" !!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #66
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 1966 NCAA 14 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Just completed another great game. I was Georgia playing at Miami. It was a super defensive battle (just like the 1960's should be). I out-gained the Canes but they always closed the door at the Goal line. Late in the 4th it was 9-3 Canes (all field-goals !). I made a desperate drive and do-everything HB Kent Lawrence made a circus catch to get the ball to their 11 yard line. I had to score a T.D. to win. I had burned all of my timeouts and there was just a shade under a minute left. Two passes fell incomplete. A screen to Wheeler netted only 2 yards. With a scant 2 seconds left I snapped the ball for the last play. Kirby Moore dodged a rusher and lobbed the ball toward the ever present Lawrence in the end zone. Lawrence leaped...made the catch over a defender and was pasted by Miami's all American safety Tom Brier. Brier (who had intercepted a pass earlier) jarred the ball loose and set off the home crowd's celebration. I keep losing---and I keep loving the games. For the umpteenth time---"GREAT JOB CARL" !!!!
What settings are you using? I have been running CPU vs CPU game every evening just to see how certain players perform, especially the QB's. They play pretty good on All-American default.....teams with average and below Qb's seem to have a hard time getting the ball to the WR's but it was the 60's....45% completions and leading recievers had 25-40 catches. After a bigger sampling of games I might have to up some QB arm strength. What do you think?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #67
Pro

I wouldn't change a thing. I think the current way you have them rated does a perfect job of reflecting the 60s Era. In my game against Miami Kirby Moore completed About 45%.

I use the sliders I posted a long time back. I think they are called "Bob's big play sliders". If you can't find them on the sliders form let me know and I will post them here.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #68
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Updated File 6/19/14
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #69
Pro

Hey Carl,

I cannot tell you how much I love this roster. I download each update gleefully. I am amazed at how realistic the games are. You are an artist!
Old 06-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #70
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Uploaded new update this morning...the teams that I have updated are complete with depth charts set. I have been randomly adding coaches and info but have not set any playbooks or run/pass ratio yet.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 0

Mizzoutiger... Could you please post slider set you are using?
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Mizzoutiger... Could you please post slider set you are using?
Thanks
Glad to. Let me start by saying I am an average player and the reason I like these is that I get a lot of big plays -especially from the stars. Yet, the games are not (for me) all that high scoring. Also be aware that for whatever reason I find that I seem to run well against the CPU on my first drive --but don't assume it will be too easy--they adjust quickly!

I have been loving the 60's feel of the games I get with these using Carl's amazing roster. Many great defensive battles! I Hope you enjoy them too.

SLIDERS NCAA FOOTBALL 2014:
Offense: All American // Defense Heisman //all penalties = 0 // Threshold: 48 -

HUMAN CPU

Pass 40 45
Pass Block 45 45
Pass catch 30 40
Run 60 55
Run Block 80 65
Pass Defense 50 30
IX 30 25
Run Defense 25 10
Tackle 40 35

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »