Home

Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Roster, 2014-15 (PS3)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Roster, 2014-15 (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #65
Rookie

UDBlueHen's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Official NCAA 2014 OS Community Roster, 2014-15 (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
I can fix it, I just haven't had the file in a while
Thank You Brother.
Postseason bowl record: 8𣛦
National titles: 6 (1946, 1963, 1971, 1972, 1979, 2003)
Conference titles: 16
NCAA 14 Delaware Blue Hens
http://bit.ly/1bI5Yuj
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 01:34 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I haven't posted in a while, but Virginia Tech's depth chart has changed significantly since the last update.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/.../VTFBdepth.pdf

RB Shai McKenzie appears to have retorn his ACL, and has been declared to be out for the season by Virginia Tech. As a result, Marshawn Williams is now listed as first string, Trey Edmunds is the sceond string, and Jc Coleman and Joel Caleb are listed as co-number 3s. JC Coleman probably needs his rating dropped as Williams(4.5 ypc), McKenzie(5.1ypc), and Edmunds (6.4 ypc), have all been significantly better than him (2.3 ypc)

With regards to the wide receivers, Joshua Stanford has taken a personal leave of absence from the team to resolve issues.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ersonal-issues

Prior to Stanford's departure, true freshman Cam Phillips and Isiah Ford have taken the top two receiving roles as listed on the depth chart. Both could use a slight ratings boost based on their performances thus far. Isiah ford has caught 24 passes for almost 300 yards and 4 TDs, Phillips has 15 catches for 202 yards and 1 TD. Based on my personal observations, I'd boost Ford up to an 81 by increasing his speed, awareness, and route running skills. Phillips would likely be boosted to a 79 overall with a focus on his catching and awareness.

With regards to the tight ends, both Ryan Malleck and Bucky Hodges could use slight ratings boosts. Both would be fit to be at around an 80. Malleck is more of a blocking tight end, and Bucky Hodges has become a significant receiving threat (15 catches, 204 yards, 3 TDs). Although Malleck is listed as solo #1 TE on the depth chart, he has missed some time due to injury, and Scot Loeffler runs multiple tight end sets rather often, so the two are pretty much co-#1s

At defensive Tackle, Senior Luther Maddy tore his meniscus against Ohio State, and got a minor surgery to repair the meniscus this past week and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks. Therefore as of now, Corey Marshall and Nigel Williams are listed as the starting defensive tackles.

At Linebacker, for LOLB, Josh Trimble is currently listed as the backup to Derek Dinardo. Ronny Van**** should be switched to ROLB, and is currently the second string behind Deon Clark.

At CB, it appears that Brandon Facyson will be taking a medical redshirt. Although he is still listed on the depth chart as the second corner, he did not dress this past weekend against Western Michigan. Donovan Riley is now as a result the second corner, Chuck Clark is the third corner and Greg Stroman is listed as the fourth.

At Free Safety, Freshman C.J. Reavis and Anthony Shegog are listed as co-backups behind Detrick Bonner.

Greg Stroman is now the primary punt returner. As of last week, Mitchell Lugwig was handling all kickoff duties, and Joey Slye was still responsible for field goals.

If you all need links for any of these things just let me know and I'll provide them
Old 09-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #67
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Folks interested in draft classes, or those who are really good with adjusting draft classes in general, I'm looking for assistance in testing a few more things with the draft classes to save my time and frustration.

I'm really close. In my 3rd test this afternoon, I got Winston, Mariota, Ogbuehi, Leonard Williams and I think Randy Gregory in my top 5, which is perfect. Got O-linemen like Brandon Scherff in the top 10, and Melvin Gordon, Ameer Abdullah and Todd Gurley all in the mid-late 1st round. However, there are a few minor things I have not figured out how to fix yet.

- Florida State LT Cameron Erving is always out in the 5th round or lower, and Stanford LT Andrus Peat was in the 4th round or lower both of my attempts. Both are projected to be Day 1 picks. I set their ratings to be similar to Ogbuehi and Scherff, but I have no idea what can be done.

- Any way we can get guards a little higher rated? Guys like Duke's Laken Tomlinson went undrafted in my attempts, he is expected to be a late day 2-early day 3 pick this year.

- QB's need to be lowered. There were like 9 QB's in the first round, including 2 of my FCS created players. This is a major problem.

If you'd like to help test or just have tips for me as to how I can go about fixing these, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! PM or post here. I posted my file under my secondary account, Kuechlyfan5940, for those interested. THANK YOU!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #68
Rookie

JH823Opsport's Arena

OVR: 3

I actually have 2 changes:

Team Name: Rutgers
Player Name: Justin Goodwin
What Needs Changed: converted from CB to HB
A Reputable Link CONFIRMING Your Change: http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...tate_week.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

Team Name: Rutgers
Player Name: Vance Matthews
What Needs Changed: converted from WR to CB
A Reputable Link CONFIRMING Your Change: http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story...gers/16154777/
Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #69
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

I'll grab the file tomorrow afternoon and make some of the edits recently suggested.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Old 09-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #70
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Folks interested in draft classes, or those who are really good with adjusting draft classes in general, I'm looking for assistance in testing a few more things with the draft classes to save my time and frustration.

I'm really close. In my 3rd test this afternoon, I got Winston, Mariota, Ogbuehi, Leonard Williams and I think Randy Gregory in my top 5, which is perfect. Got O-linemen like Brandon Scherff in the top 10, and Melvin Gordon, Ameer Abdullah and Todd Gurley all in the mid-late 1st round. However, there are a few minor things I have not figured out how to fix yet.

- Florida State LT Cameron Erving is always out in the 5th round or lower, and Stanford LT Andrus Peat was in the 4th round or lower both of my attempts. Both are projected to be Day 1 picks. I set their ratings to be similar to Ogbuehi and Scherff, but I have no idea what can be done.

- Any way we can get guards a little higher rated? Guys like Duke's Laken Tomlinson went undrafted in my attempts, he is expected to be a late day 2-early day 3 pick this year.

- QB's need to be lowered. There were like 9 QB's in the first round, including 2 of my FCS created players. This is a major problem.

If you'd like to help test or just have tips for me as to how I can go about fixing these, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! PM or post here. I posted my file under my secondary account, Kuechlyfan5940, for those interested. THANK YOU!
I did a lot of testing a while back with the dynasty draft import and here's kinda what I noticed:

1. Quarterbacks were always projected really high. I'd have 8-10 projected 1st rounders and then maybe 5-7 in the mid rounds.

2. Running Backs were all over the place. I had Carlos Hyde bounce around so much on me, even after I made him the highest rated HB in my 2013 roster file. The only consistent projections I got were Gurley and a generated recruit who was basically a Bo Jackson clone sometime around 2020, who almost never left the top 10.

3. Much like QBs, a ton of wide receivers were also projected really high for me (usually around 8-10 projected to go in the first, sometimes even ranging to around 15 prospects).

4. I could never get TEs to be projected for the mid rounds. Getting them projected for the 1st and 5th-undrafted were fine, but TEs projected for the 2nd - 4th rounds were scarce.

5. Offensive linemen in general seemed really low projected, with guards getting the worst of it. Left tackles seemed best off, though were split much like TEs (a few projected for the 1st, the rest for the 6th or later), followed by Centers then guards and right tackles who rarely were projected above the 4th for me unless I basically made them the best to ever play (95+ strength, 99 PBK, 99 RBK, 95+ IBL). Even then it was a crapshoot.

6. Defensive ends seemed easy to control, thought it was sometimes hard to get players projected to go later than the mid 6th round.

7. Defensive tackles were very much like ends, but spread out quite nicely across all projections. They were a little bit more random however, as I'd often see guys who I know were lower rated to be projected to go rather high, however I never saw it as too much of a problem.

8. Outside linebackers never seemed to be much of an issue, though I had a ton of trouble making Anthony Barr a consistent 1st round projection. Hilariously enough, Khalil Mack didn't have that same problem and rarely was projected worse than mid 1st after I buffed him extremely high.

9. My main problem area was the middle linebackers. I could make them 99 overall with absolutely insane ratings, and they'd never, ever be projected for higher than the 3rd.

10. Corners seemed ok. It took some work getting a few (Dennard and Gilbert being the main culprits) to be projected reasonably, and even then they always seemed like they either wanted to be projected in the top 5 or mid 2nd or later. Much like the running backs, their projections rarely, if ever, remained consistent for me.

11. Safeties were generally fine. I don't think I ever had to worry too much about them. Actually, from a projection standpoint, I think they were probably the most accurate of the bunch.

12. Kickers, punters, and fullbacks were fine. Occasionally I'd have a kicker or punter find his way into being projected for the mid 2nd, but it wasn't common, and usually that kicker or punter was absolutely amazing in NCAA. Fullbacks were generally projected for the 7th or undrafted, but making them 95+ overall seemed to get a few in to the 4th-5th range.

HOWEVER

In my experience, the projections meant practically nothing once the actual draft came up. Though upwards of 10 QBs would be projected to go in the 1st, a max of 5 actually would and the rest would be scattered from the 2nd to the 4th. Same thing happened with WRs for me, where 12 might be projected to go in the first, but only 3-4 actually would. A few of those WRs would even slide down into the late rounds or even go undrafted. Where I might only have 1-2 corners projected to go in the first, there might be 4-5 that were picked there. I might have 1 OT projected to go in the first (late first at that), and there'd be 4-5 that would be drafted there. I may not have a MLB projected for before the 4th, but there he'd go in the early/mid 2nd. In terms of where everyone was actually drafted, it seemed like what positions were drafted when worked itself out nicely. If you can get the actual prospects themselves into a decent order and only be maybe a round or so off their real life projected draft spot, you're pretty much set. Don't worry if you've got a few OTs projected for the 2nd, they'll probably go in the 1st. That #1 guard projected for the 4th will probably find his way into the mid 3rd or higher.

But there's where the main problem lies: Getting them into that realistic order. Since EA and Madden randomize the order of the draft classes so they're not identical each time they're loaded, it's very difficult to get them in the order you want. Your top picks should be fine, and your 7th/undrafted guys won't change much, but that 2nd to 6th round is absolute hell trying to get an accurate order. Short of spreading out the ratings to extreme lengths, I don't really know of a way you can fix the ordering.

Not sure how much help that wall of text will be to you since I really don't know where you're judging the imported classes from (projections or actual place drafted), but that's what I've experienced in the past when doing a few of my "farm" dynasties.

EDIT: Also, as a bit of an update, Wisconsin has moved Dare Ogunbowale to HB, as the 3rd stringer behind Melvin Gordon and Corey Clement. Not sure if that's been reflected in the roster yet since I think the one I most recently downloaded was the first "official" release, though I am roughly 80% sure he is somewhere on the roster in game. Should be rated decent at a RB (low/mid 70s maybe?) as he's actually been quite impressive when subbed in late in games.

Last edited by Blitz1942; 09-30-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #71
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

In response to the last post:

I am looking at the projections, not the actual draft placement, and I guess that is where my problem is lying. Figured it'd save me some time, but makes me feel a lot better knowing that means nothing haha.

One of the reasons I wish I could have access to the editor to right now, so I wouldn't have to spend hours in the game doing the ratings edits I'll need to make... but anyway, I've never had problems getting tight ends in the mid rounds for some reason. I'll have to do a little more testing tonight and tomorrow to see what I can do.

So thank you very much Blitz, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #72
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, the draft projections kinda fly out the window when the draft actually starts, but they can be useful to guess where certain players may be drafted. The import class draft AI is actually quite good, so teams don't tend to load up on rookies at the same position (wish I could say the same about the free agency AI though), and will take someone projected worse if they fill a need.

Now, the actual ratings of the players is a completely different story as imported rookies tend to be rather low rated, especially in later rounds. I still have absolutely no clue how to fix that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »