Home

Old 08-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
2005 NCAA Roster

If I were to start/help make an entire roster for the '05-'06 season, would you all help and play it?

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Rookie

nwcizhere's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2005 NCAA Roster

Yeah, that sounds sweet. I'm a junkie for old rosters tho haha
Old 08-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #3
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

I'd love to help on the physical thing, but unsure if A.) You are on ps3 and B.) If school time will allow me haha.

If need be, I'd be happy to do some research, create a team template with its starters and key reserves so you can reference that and put it in the game.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
MVP

marcuscouch10's Arena

Would love this!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have PS3.

I've never worked with people before on making rosters so I don't know the whole process. I have made rosters though. I used to name all 85+ by myself on PS2 and I actually thought it was fun.

Anyways, if any experienced roster making collaborators could explain to me how it all works and HOW to do it efficiently it'd be much appreciated.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbrawl
I have PS3.

I've never worked with people before on making rosters so I don't know the whole process. I have made rosters though. I used to name all 85+ by myself on PS2 and I actually thought it was fun.

Anyways, if any experienced roster making collaborators could explain to me how it all works and HOW to do it efficiently it'd be much appreciated.
I did the same on several ps2 games for years, haha. I made a perfected NCAA 07 roster (with no guys removed, JUCO's and other missing frosh added), also did stuff for NCAA 09, and am working on an 06 roster.

There are a couple ways the roster can be done.

The typical way would be to round up a couple trusted editors to work on the roster at different times during the day (or as far as I'm concerned, you could do it all by yourself if you really want that, but it would be easier if it were a team effort), and edit away to make each team to our liking.

The rest of us provide links and other info for each team, and you edit away when you can. Once we have a draft done, edits can be pointed out and made. Just a thing to note, if no one has access to the editor we can't do duplicates.

The alternate way: If you have access to the roster editor, you can do everything from your computer, we would provide you with templates (who should be on the roster, included with heights, weights, hometown and depth chart slot) and then all you would need to do is put our info into the editor, then bring it into the game. Major positive is that you can make duplicate numbers, can't be done in-game (certain you knew this already though). However, this is the more complex way.

So take your pick. I'll be very willing to support this, I considered doing this projected last fall myself. Just not sure in what capacity yet.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Old 08-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Also, wasn't sure what you were thinking about the teams that weren't in the FBS/no team existed back in '05 (EX: UTSA, South Alabama, Old Dominion, Georgia State).

Some options would be creating teambuilder squads from top FCS teams (App State, New Hampshire, Hampton, Texas State, take your pick). I'd gladly do these myself, save you at least a couple teams worth of work.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2

Would love to see this also, did the same thing on PS2 for many years before I found this site. I would definately use the editor...so many things you can do and 10X quicker!! I would also add, use a really well rated base roster. I know you will have to rerate all players but if there are tons of 99 speed guys or awareness is really low it justs makes it harder to get the teams rated how you want. Good luck on the project!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »