Home

2005 roster for NCAA 14 (PS3)

This is a discussion on 2005 roster for NCAA 14 (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 08:38 PM   #1
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
2005 roster for NCAA 14 (PS3)

BACKGROUND:
Alright guys, I've made a decision on a classic roster for this year. Thought I wanted to do the best team of all-time project, but realized the truly best teams would've taken unnecessary amounts of research and would've likely turned up lots of blank roster spots, especially for the teams from the 60's and before.

My love for classic rosters, nostalgia and the 1990's and 2000's have overcome me, and I have been creating rosters for at least 3 or 4 years now for various games. I like to think 2005 was one of the last great years in college football, and I love thinking about seasons and players from 15-20 years ago.

So, by popular demand, Guru presents the 2005 roster for NCAA 14 on PS3 ONLY. If someone knows how to convert to 360, they may do so as long as they give me due credit.

I will include a link to a spreadsheet I have created through Google Docs that I'll use to track my progress on this once I get rolling.

GROUND RULES:
I expect this to take months of time, even if I do have the editor functioning (which I don't right now.) So no posts asking when this will be done. I edit and do whichever teams I please when I have time to do so. This is all in my spare time, which isn't a lot. I am a HS student and most of you know how that is. However, please leave a request if you'd like. I'll acknowledge it most of the time and do it in a timely manner.

I will always be editing the opening post, so just come here if you have a burning question. DO NOT ADD ME ON PSN !!!!!!! It is completely unnecessary, you just type in the screen name provided to you when we get that far (will not be my main account more than likely.)

I'd prefer if no one helps on the actual roster to start (this policy will change if I can't get the editor working). If something changes and I let people assist me on this in the future, I will only allow TRUSTED roster makers (will determine based upon who offers) and will give them credit in the opening post.

But for now you are free to leave templates or links to media guides or other sources for any and all teams. Any little bit you do helps create the best 2005 replica possible. What I request in a template is that you have an accurate 69 man roster, each player with jersey #, Height, Weight, Class, Skin Tone and Hometown. Equipment is helpful, but not at all necessary.

OTHER NOTES:
The file doesn't exist yet, I'll edit it in when I get started. Offline files will be posted often, as it doesn't take long for me to do.

I will be making coach edits as I go, including offensive and defensive coordinators.

There are 4 teams on the default NCAA 14 roster (UTSA, Georgia State, South Alabama, Old Dominion), who did not have football teams in 2005. I will be creating 10 FCS teams, so you can pick and choose who to replace them with should you start a dynasty. As long as there is sufficient information (media guide is the best source you can provide), I will more than likely agree to create an FCS/D-II/D-III/NAIA team upon request, but after completion of the FBS teams.

Those 10 FCS teams included will more than likely be: (Will adjust if need be)
Spoiler

I do not accept donations. I do this for the love of the game, and that only. I expect to be treated in this manner. Thank you.

That should be all to start. USC and Texas will be first, anticipating first release with those two teams and maybe one other next week, I have a day off on Friday. Thanks for any support provided on this project and I hope you enjoy my 2005 NCAA 14 roster.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 09-19-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Re: 2005 roster for NCAA 14 (PS3)

Reserved 1.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Old 09-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Reserved 2. All clear to post, comment, ask questions.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you need Guru I have rosters for Alabama going back to the early 70's to Current. let me know of anything I can do to help. can't wait to see the hard work.

Thanks for doing this.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad4
If you need Guru I have rosters for Alabama going back to the early 70's to Current. let me know of anything I can do to help. can't wait to see the hard work.

Thanks for doing this.
If this gets going, I'd definitely appreciate your help.

Reason I say if is because I couldn't get the editor to work, and it would take way too long for me without it. Enough time to the point where I'd start to "burn out" very quickly. We'll see how it goes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 06:14 AM   #6
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Wanted to drop a quick update. Yes this will get going. I did get the editor working, but we are in the process of getting a new computer so I can't use the laptop I got it to work on just yet. Don't know how long I will have to wait.

In the meantime, I am working on finding information for each team, but I am going to ask for assistance on finding media guides, depth charts, any other information on the small school teams.

Just post anything you find in here. Thanks!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #7
Rookie

http://admin.texassports.com/sports/...er.aspx?id=115

Here's the 2005 texas longhorn roster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
Rookie

Here's the stats for the 2005 texas longhorns don't know If u need them but here they are

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...exas/2005.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »