Home

NCAA 14 Rerated Rosters (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Rerated Rosters (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA 14 Rerated Rosters (PS3)

Hey everyone, every year I have been making rerated rosters for my personal use; I will find a pretty good stock roster on OS then reedit all the teams. This year I have decided to post them online for everyone else on OS. I am using bigbob's rosters as a base (he told me it was okay). For those of you wondering, this is how I did the ratings:
For each team I used three websites: Mel Kiper Jr's pre-draft ratings for any stars, sports references team specific pages to see their schedule results and individual stats, and a Vegas team power rating for both offense and defense. I did this process for every team in the FBS. For each team, I tried to stay within the original base rosters overall premise of overall quality. What I tried to capture was the game breakers. Every team has the average players, players who help fill a squad and do their job, but I also tried to make the game changers stand out, i.e players with superior ratings in individual categories. When looking at overall teams overalls, I kept in mind the conference it played in and tried to keep it realistic within their rankings. Anyways, the roster file is caveboy99357. Let me know what you think. As always, rosters are never truly finished, I just wanted to get a roster I felt comfortable starting a dynasty with.

Pretty much all I ask is that if you like my roster, post a comment and let me know and tell others about my roster. I've always loved editing rosters and I do it as a hobby. If enough people actually want to give donations, I will give out my paypal account, but for now I'm not going to talk much about that. Thanks for reading and looking over my rosters!

Roster File: Caveboy99357
* I still have around 20 teams to fix, plus final rating adjustments. (Half of the S's, U's, V's, and Wisconsin.)

Ratings Scale (Teams)
Dominant, 91 +
Elite Programs, 88 +
Just Outside Top 25, 86 +
Average BCS Teams, 82 +
Good Mid Major, 77 +
Average Mid Major, 74 +
Below Average Mid Major, 70 +
Bottom Feeder, 69 or less

Rating Scale (Players)
Super Star, 95 +
Elite Player, 90 +
All Conference Player, 88 +
Key Player 85 +
Above Average Starter, 80 +
Starter, 76 +
Solid Backup 70 +
Needs to Develop 69 or less

Top Teams
1. Alabama, 95 Overall, 99 Offense, 92 Defense
2. Mississippi State, 95 Overall, 99 Offense, 92 Defense
3. Oregon, 94 Overall, 95 Offense, 90 Defense
4. Florida State, 93 Overall, 97 Offense, 90 Defense
5. Auburn, 93 Overall, 97 Offense, 88 Defense (Elite Skill Players)
6. Baylor, 91 Overall, 93 Offense, 90 Defense
7. TCU, 91 Overall, 90 Offense, 90 Defense (Would be higher, third safety doesn't count)
8. Georgia, 91 Overall, 91 Offense, 90 Defense
9. Ole Miss, 90 Overall, 90 Offense, 94 Defense
10. Ohio State, 90 Overall, 88 Offense, 92 Defense

Top Players
1. Marcus Mariota 99 Overall
2. Amari Cooper 99 Overall
3. Todd Gurley 99 Overall
4. Melvin Gordon 98 Overall
5. Cedric Ogbuehi 98 Overall
6. Shane Ray 98 Overall
7. Jameis Winston 98 Overall
8. Hayes Pullard 97 Overall
9. AJ Johnson 97 Overall
10. Dak Prescott 97 Overall

Top Freshman
1. Deshuan Watson 88 Overall
2. Nick Chubb 88 Overall
3. Myles Garrett 87 Overall
4. KD Cannonn 87 Overall
5. Leonard Fournette 86 Overall
6. Jalen Hurd 86 Overall
7. Samaje Perine 86 Overall
8. Nick Wilson 86 Overall
9. Jarvion Franklin 85 Overall
10. Derek Barnett 85 Overall

If you want to check out my NCAA 13 rosters, look up caveboy99357 with online rosters. (if they're still up).

Last edited by caveboy99357; 11-28-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 14 Rerated Rosters (PS3)

Your roster looks good. I know you haven't touched the mid majors but some changes for NIU.

Northern Illinois
Matt McIntosh
QB to S
http://northernstar.info/sports/arti...a4bcf6878.html

Jacob Brinlee No Longer On The Team
Replaced with David Senior Freshman WR
http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-f...or_884629.html

Shane Wimann/Ricky Connors neither one plays
1 of them probably Connors should be replaced by Christian Blake WR Freshman
http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-f...ke_884552.html

Luke Shively does not play for NIU RG
Replace him with Ron Brown 68 RS SO
http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-f...wn_807619.html

Corey Thomas DT is a starter not 4th string

Albert Smalls CB starts along side Pairs Logan. Anthony Brooks is nickel corner

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football...illinois/91441

If you need any help with any MAC teams let me know.
Northern Illinois Huskies
Old 11-27-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Actually, what I have done is since I am going through every team, I look at stats and try to find players who are outperforming their overall. I actually have gone through every team up to P and a few scattered teams after P. If you or anyone else would be interested in adding freshman who are not in the game over players who do not play (wasted space), feel free to message me and help out. There is just no way I could go in alone and change every single player. And thanks!
Old 11-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

Looks good, although i feel like Utah's defensive players are rated way too low. Guys I would def give a boost of ratings - Nate Orchard(leads the nation in sacks with 17.5) and Hunter Dimick(10 sacks) among others
Old 11-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah.. I haven't edited Utah yet. I have 22 teams left to correct and Utah is one of them. I haven't edited Purdue, R's, half of the S's, U's, V's, and Wisconsin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

These rosters look really good. It acts as an update because on the base all freshman were below 83 but as the season goes on these guys progress. A few were rated too low like Trevor Knight but a very nice job.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm not really a fan of Trevor Knight. He had a lot of games with terrible passing stats. Also, I had to balance out Oklahoma being too good by making their quarterback pedestrian. He is a good runner, but as a QB he is really inefficient and has Sterling save him with his playmaking ability.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:31 AM   #8
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveboy99357
I'm not really a fan of Trevor Knight. He had a lot of games with terrible passing stats. Also, I had to balance out Oklahoma being too good by making their quarterback pedestrian. He is a good runner, but as a QB he is really inefficient and has Sterling save him with his playmaking ability.
This is a dangerous line of thinking when it comes to balancing out rosters. I used to struggle with this when I edited my own rosters back in the day. In 2012, I struggled with making Notre Dame's Manti Te'o-led defense into the elite unit it was that year. To get them into the high 90's OVR, I had to edit guys on the bottom of the depth chart way higher than they deserved since the game rates units based overall depth as well as talent. I don't know their math behind it, but that's how it is determined.
I strongly suspect that this is how Alabama got an (undeserved) 99 OVR rating. They aren't the best offense in the country.

The best way to do it is to rate each individual player properly and as objectively as possible. Let the ratings fall where they may.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »