Home

Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

This is a discussion on Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #25
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

Just uploaded the sample roster, the playable teams are:

2002 NC State(incorrectly said 2004)
1969 Missouri
1981 Clemson
1972 USC
1999 Virginia Tech
1988 Notre Dame
1968 Ohio State
1976 Pittsburgh
1966 Michigan State

For these teams I edited playbooks and run/pass but not coaches. Feel free to browse the teams on the file and give feedback but this is a work in progress....Other teams are in various states of completion. Most players that will be 80+ rated are done and some teams are 60-80 percent complete. I will try to knock this out in the next month or so if all goes well. Feel free to post errors or corrections and enjoy!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

Just played my first game. 1969 Missouri took on Michael Vick an 1999 V. Tech. The game was a defensive struggle. Both teams had their offensive moments but the defense ruled. V.Tech had done well with their running game while Mizzou had had only one big play--Mel Gray beating his defender deep for a 77 yard T.D. Mid Way in the 4th with the game tied 10-10 Mizzou put together a drive and James Harrison broke tackles for a 23 yard T.D. run. Vick was sacked on 4th down at midfield and the tigers won a hard fought victory.

You have done another GREAT job Carl. I will play more as soon as time (and kids) permits, but this first game was amazingly fun and in my opinion,i it featured very accurate play by both teams. Thanks again for making Xmas special for us old time football fans.

P.S. A couple of suggestions regarding Mizzou:

1) Mike Farmer was a fast and good running Qb and Phelps was really not much of a runner. Perhaps their running ratings could be reversed.
2) Henry Brown was our 4th (or 5th) best wide out. His receiver ratings (his kicking ratings are spot on)should be significantly lowered.
3) John Henley was (following Gray and Staggers) our next best wide out--His catch rating should be improved to 77-78. His speed and other ratings are VERY accurate.
4) Walls was our best tight end.

Other than these few things your rating of Mizzou is outstanding.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #27
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Just played my first game. 1969 Missouri took on Michael Vick an 1999 V. Tech. The game was a defensive struggle. Both teams had their offensive moments but the defense ruled. V.Tech had done well with their running game while Mizzou had had only one big play--Mel Gray beating his defender deep for a 77 yard T.D. Mid Way in the 4th with the game tied 10-10 Mizzou put together a drive and James Harrison broke tackles for a 23 yard T.D. run. Vick was sacked on 4th down at midfield and the tigers won a hard fought victory.

You have done another GREAT job Carl. I will play more as soon as time (and kids) permits, but this first game was amazingly fun and in my opinion,i it featured very accurate play by both teams. Thanks again for making Xmas special for us old time football fans.

P.S. A couple of suggestions regarding Mizzou:

1) Mike Farmer was a fast and good running Qb and Phelps was really not much of a runner. Perhaps their running ratings could be reversed.
2) Henry Brown was our 4th (or 5th) best wide out. His receiver ratings (his kicking ratings are spot on)should be significantly lowered.
3) John Henley was (following Gray and Staggers) our next best wide out--His catch rating should be improved to 77-78. His speed and other ratings are VERY accurate.
4) Walls was our best tight end.

Other than these few things your rating of Mizzou is outstanding.
Glad you're enjoying the roster!!! I'll definately update those ratings you mentioned....I'll have to take a look at Henry Brown, he was a really good and versatile athlete and the way EA's ratings work(speed accounts for a lot in the players overall) makes his OVR higher than Henley. But Henley was a better reciever for sure. And Walls has always been a favorite( I remember him from the CFL) but he only had 2 catches in 69 and spent most of his time at RB/FB.
I've had some really interesting games teting this out...just had 72 USC crush Oregon St. I think the new way I rated players has really improved the realism of the line play and tons of interesting new catches/sacks/broken tackles. Glad you enjoy and I'll add a few tweaks to your Tigers. Have a Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: Metallicarl's "Who's Number One?" All-time PS3 Roster

Merry Christmas to you too Carl.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #29
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Having trouble with uploading a roster update...think the system is down. Anyway, I'll post an update in the morning with Mizzou updated and finished teams added:

1980 UNC
2000 Oregon State
1997 Tennessee
1993 Florida State
1996 Florida
2003 LSU
1990 Virginia
Old 12-26-2014, 02:49 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
Having trouble with uploading a roster update...think the system is down. Anyway, I'll post an update in the morning with Mizzou updated and finished teams added:

1980 UNC
2000 Oregon State
1997 Tennessee
1993 Florida State
1996 Florida
2003 LSU
1990 Virginia
Hey Carl can't remember does that UNC team have LT on it for that year?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 12-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #31
Pro

metallicarl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Hey Carl can't remember does that UNC team have LT on it for that year?
Yeah, LT was on that team. Also had Amos Lawrence, Kelvin Bryant, Tyrone Anthony at RB; Rick Donnelly, Dave Drechsler, Brian Blados, Ron Wooten on OL; Calvin Daniels, Donnell Thompson, Darrell Nicholson, and Mike Wilcher on defense. As much as I pulled against, have to admit that was a hell of a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2014, 07:06 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicarl
Yeah, LT was on that team. Also had Amos Lawrence, Kelvin Bryant, Tyrone Anthony at RB; Rick Donnelly, Dave Drechsler, Brian Blados, Ron Wooten on OL; Calvin Daniels, Donnell Thompson, Darrell Nicholson, and Mike Wilcher on defense. As much as I pulled against, have to admit that was a hell of a team.
cool

I think i had created most of those guys on their Alumni team also....

Not too familiar with Tyrone Anthony I'll have to look him up.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »