Home

Buffeye 2014 Re-Rated Roster For XBOX 360

This is a discussion on Buffeye 2014 Re-Rated Roster For XBOX 360 within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 06:03 PM   #25
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Buffeye 2014 Re-Rated Roster For XBOX 360

This is a really good roster but how successful is it after year 1 when recruits will be higher ranked on the depth chart because of the custom rating changes? It just appears that these are like FBS ratings for madden which ultimately are only good for one season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
This is a really good roster but how successful is it after year 1 when recruits will be higher ranked on the depth chart because of the custom rating changes? It just appears that these are like FBS ratings for madden which ultimately are only good for one season.
In my OP, I stated that this re-rated Roster would not likely be useful in a Dynasty for the very reason you have stated in your post.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:03 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ive been using this method for a few years now. I look at it like this...
*There are about 11,000 division one college football players on scholarship.
*Only 224 players will actually get drafted by an NFL team. Not including the free agent rookie signings. So, the chances of getting drafted is about a generous 1%.
*Why the game feels stale to me is because there is not enough of a seperation between average college ball players vs elite talent that will go onto playing in the NFL.

Last edited by wsumichigan; 01-10-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:24 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsumichigan
Ive been using this method for a few years now. I look at it like this...
*There are about 11,000 division one college football players on scholarship.
*Only 224 players will actually get drafted by an NFL team. Not including the free agent rookie signings. So, the chances of getting drafted is about a generous 1%.
*Why the game feels stale to me is because there is not enough of a seperation between average college ball players vs elite talent that will go onto playing in the NFL.
This roster set has that kind of feeling. You can tell the difference between the upper-echelon talent.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #29
Pro

I have uploaded an updated version. See the original post for update details. I have attached the updated Roster to this email. After unzipping this file, use Modio 3 to retrieve this Roster, save it to your 360-formatted flash drive and load it into your game.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ROSTER-BUFFEYE122814.rar (526.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Art01; 01-20-2015 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Attach Updated Roster
Old 01-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I have uploaded an updated version. See the original post for update details. I have attached the updated Roster to this email. After unzipping this file, use Modio 3 to retrieve this Roster, save it to your 360-formatted flash drive and load it into your game.
See previous post for latest update and attached file.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:53 PM   #31
Pro

I have uploaded a revised version of the Buffeye Re-rated Roster. I have significantly increased Agility, Play Recognition, and Speed ratings for all Secondary Defensive Players (LBs, CBs and Safeties). These changes have been made in an attempt to improve secondary pass coverage. I have carefully watched how DBs play against pass receivers and I have concluded that defensive backs need help beyond being just evenly matched against receivers.

If other people are playing with this Roster, I would appreciate feedback relative to how effectively defenders cover receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #32
Pro

I have uploaded yet another revision to this roster. I have significantly increased Pursuit ratings for all Defensive Secondary Positions (LB, CB, Safety). I am trying to get secondary defenders to actually cover receivers and stay with them. Too often, secondary defenders will hesitate momentarily, providing receivers just enough time to get open. Increasing Pursuit appears to help defenders provide better coverage.

Throughout all of these ratings adjustments, I have continued to use the same formula-based approach which retains as much as possible, the relative relationships Buffeye originally established between players in each position. The exception is for lower-rated players whose ratings would have fallen below the minimum levels I have set. For these players, they will all have the same minimum number established for each rating.

Example: Before re-rating, Player #1 had a Pursuit rating of 40 and Player #2 had a Pursuit rating of 50. If, by formula, I added 10 points to both players' Pursuit rating, but set a minimum Pursuit rating for all players to 55, then Player # 1 would be raised by 15 points to 55 to meet the minimum, while Player # 2 would be raised by 10 points to 60. This approach has the effect of narrowing the range between the best and worst players in each position.

I am really enjoying playing with this Roster and I am seeing some very interesting Play-Now games. Feedback from others would be appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »