Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #409
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Good work! I'll take a look at this in more detail later tonight, maybe during the game. Have you tried updating the strmdata file and testing in game yet with this?

Thanks
Not yet. Will try to get round to doing this sometime this week
Old 01-11-2017, 05:07 PM   #410
MVP

OVR: 3

Is there a way to edit Class with the editor?

Could you take a roster, and set all the players to freshman?

Could you unlock it entirely to be edited in game? (probably not)
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #411
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Is there a way to edit Class with the editor?

Could you take a roster, and set all the players to freshman?

Could you unlock it entirely to be edited in game? (probably not)
Yes. You have to use the DB Editor. You can export the PLAY table and then change the PYER column to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #412
Rookie

My ratings mod seems to work.

My recruitment mod regarding # of prospects from states worked not so well, don't think it likes certain states set at zero for in-season recruits.

Will try again tomorrow sometime.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #413
Rookie

Alas a ratings only mod also crashes when I advanced to pre-season recruitment.

Guess I could try a recruitment only mod.

Probably there is a .DAT file concerning ratings?

Last edited by Anarchy666; 01-12-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #414
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
So a few things just so you know my issues in the past:

I tried to make 14-team conferences when I first started this journey. It's probably documented early on in this thread. The game won't schedule properly if you do this. It's schedule algorithm is set up to schedule within the original conference structures -- so my trick around this was to swap 12 team conferences with 10 team ones (i.e. Pac 10 swapped with Conf USA). This worked, as long as I also swapped the teams in the TSWP table so that the Pac 10 team would take on the Conf USA schedule -- doing this with every team made it work out right in scheduling.

If you did a 14 team conference, there would be teams that get no or very little in-conference games.

Secondly, if there was an empty conference - for example, having WAC have no teams since it doesnt exist anymore - it caused the error you're getting now.

That said, depending on how you update TEAM, it can also crash the game. We've seen that while editing multiple fields on this thread. It's finicky. It also sucks we cant import to it, with the current state of the editor we have.

I havent been able to find anything that would make me think we can have conferences larger than 12. I havent found anything in my search to do that. It's probably buried in the actual game code.
So I have tried modding my current '07 dynasty (which is in the year 2026) to only adjust the bowl games and conference realignment. UMass, NMST and UAB are in the game. I attempted the mod in the preseason menu.

Using the 2.46 files, I imported BOWL, CONF, DIV, STTM, and TEAM. I made other realignments, but left the number of teams in each conference and division the same. Those worked and appeared fine in conference outlook. However, the same error occurs where the game schedule can't advance.

This makes me believe the errors are in the SCHD part in both of my trials (although the 14 team conference might uneditable in Madden DB). Do you know what each column stands for in the SCHD.csv? I want to attempt to mod my current dynasty rather than start a new one. Perhaps we can even find a solution to the 14 conference mod.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:24 PM   #415
Rookie

The template.DAT file contains the templates for conference schedules, and it's file 3. I guess you could devise schedules for 14 team conferences. A lot of work, as firstly you gotta work out how many seasons a full rotation of fixtures will take.

It also involves modding the game itself, as opposed to a soft mod of a dynasty file
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #416
Rookie

Non-ratings mod also crashes at preseason recruitment :

So we can't edit STRMDATA with the madden editor.

Unless you save a dynasty file at the stage before a crash, replace the modded disc with an unmodded one, then advance to the next stage, save dynasty again, then switch back to the modded disc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »