Home

[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

This is a discussion on [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 01-26-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
Pro

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
[Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Introduction:

I'll be posting some files and guides on how to mod PS2 and PSP NCAA series over time in this thread.

My idea of guides will include:
1) Opening rosters and making small changes
2) Porting PS2 <--> PSP
3) Knowledge Transfer of Key things for modding/editing
4) Porting PS3 --> PS2 + PSP
5) Other Mods

Tools Required:

Tool depending on console format
  • PS2 Save using ActionReplay/GameShark etc. (PS2 only)
  • PSP with custom firmware and savedeemer plugin (deemerh.prx) (PSP only)
  • MyMC for PCSX2
  • ENCRYPT SAVE flagged to FALSE for PPSSPP
Madden DB Editor v3
Excel or another spreadsheet editor

PSP Info: The deemerh plugin creates the SAVEPLAIN folder and within the folder, an unencrypted copy of your save. This allows it to be edited. You can then edit these files (SDDATA.BIN). When you load a save within a game, and the plugin active, the game will look for matching files in saveplain first, before going to the standard SAVEDATA folder, so you only need to edit off of saveplain (as long as files of any date are present in savedata)

Alternatively, if you use PPSSPP, you can disable encrypt saves in the ppsspp.ini file. This will generate a data.bin that's not encrypted for editing. If you want to share the file later, you need to enable the flag again and save.

Some of these files can be found by google search, or on my website linked below.

Credits:
OperationSports, FootballIdiot.com, Football Freaks (ffmadden.wikia.com)
Users who've contributed, tested, idea generated, discussed, supported etc:
Reeshmd23, h4wduk3n, vikesfan059, Harry97, Volwalker, Brock, LuckySeven

Last edited by antdroid; 09-26-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #2
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Basic Editing

This section will go over the basics of creating a save, transferring it to your PC, and opening and modifying a roster. For PSP, make sure the sgdeemer plugin is installed and activated. You can also use the ENCRYPT/DECRYPT SAVE feature in PPSSPP.ini for the PPSSPP app.

1. Go into NCAA game, and save a roster or dynasty.

For PSP:
Attach PSP to your computer, and go to your memory stick and locate /PSP/SAVEPLAIN/. This folder has your unencrypted save files. Pull the ones for NCAA. This *.bin file inside will be about 479kbs to 2.6mbs large. That is your roster or dynasty.

For PS2: Save your files to your save device, and transfer the file to your PC. Use PS2 Save Builder to extract the BALSUSXXXXX file from the save. This is your roster/dynasty.

2. Using DB Editor, open the roster file (data.bin or BALSUSXXXXX). Once open, you'll see a series of 4 letter databases on the left side and when you open click on one of those, a spreadsheet will populate with data.

3. We will just work on the Players for now. That database is called PLAY (Players if you have definitions enabled). Click that, and it'll take a bit of time to load it all up. Once loaded, click the file menu and Export to CSV.

4. Now you will have a CSV file that can be opened in Excel and reviewed!

You will notice that there's no string of text in the database at all. Players are NOT identified using letters. They are coded by a string of numbers. Dumb. I'm creating a conversion tool, but for now, please see my attached notes for all the info you want on how to read the spreadsheets, convert player numbers to names, and read player ids -> team id, and all the db fields that I know of.

Look at the attached File for help on reading the DB

5. Once you've made your changes, you can again go back into DB Editor. Make sure the proper database is loaded, and now Import the CSV.

6. Once the import is completed, save your work (some versions of DB Editor auto save).

7. Now it's time to repackage it and transfer.

PSP: Just take your working folder and replace it in the SAVEPLAIN folder on your stick.
PS2: Use Save Builder. Open the existing SAVE and now import this new one into it, overwriting the original.

8. Start the game, load the file and see the results!

PSP - The Saveplain is just an unencrypted file. If you like the results, make another save. You will have proper encrypted save in the standard SAVEGAME folder as well as a new SAVEPLAIN unencrypted save. Use the encrypted one for sharing with others!

Last edited by antdroid; 09-05-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Tutorial to Port PS2 to PSP (and vice-versa)

This section will go over porting rosters from PS2 to PSP. You can also do the same steps for PSP to PS2, but just use the appropriate tools mentioned in the first post. This process will give you an exact duplicate of the rosters from one system to the other. You can always modify stuff if you need to from the previous tutorial.

1. Usually PS2 saves are in ActionReplay or XPort format, so use Save Builder to extract the BASLUS unencrypted ps2 save file.

2. Load up Madden DB Editor and open the PS2 save file. Then, on the left side, there should be 3 items. Click each item and a table loads. After loading, export to CSV for each one. The PLAY one is the most important, since thats the players database. The others are team attributes and depth chart. Since this takes a while, you can do the next steps concurrently....

2. Enable deemerh plugin on psp, and start NCAA. Save the roster and exit game.

3. Attach PSP to computer and pull out the roster file from your /PSP/SAVEPLAIN folder. The folder will end in something like 0010.

4. After step 2 is complete, using DB Editor, open up the SDDATA.BIN file from the PSP saveplain folder you just pulled. This is the unencrypted roster save.

5. Again, 3 items will appear on the left side, Depth Chart, Players, Teams.

For each item, load it, then IMPORT the PS2 extracted csv file that corresponds to it. Again, this may take a few minutes for the players one.

6. Once its all imported, save the file. Now you can plug the psp back into your computer, and replace the saveplain folder with the modified one you just worked on and start NCAA 10 with a new database!

Porting NCAA Football on PS2 to another NCAA Football on PS2

On many of the PS2 NCAA (and assuming Madden) titles, you can just take the BASLUSXXXXXX save file for a roster, and rename it to another NCAA version and it should port over without any issues.

For example:
You can take a NCAA Football 06 roster (BALSUS-21214XXXXX) and rename it BASLUS-21932XXXXX and add it to an NCAA Football 11 save folder and it should load up in NCAA 11!

detailed version:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4&postcount=14

Last edited by antdroid; 09-09-2016 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Porting PS3 NCAA 14 Rosters to PS2/PSP

Modifying PS3 to PS2 and PSP is pretty intensive because there are a good 50% or more attributes in the PS3/360 generation games versus the previous generation, some attributes are called different things, and the way they are adjusted is totally different. On top of that, you can't determine player names or the school they are associated with without a conversion tool. I am working on an Excel Workbook tool to help ease the pain. Once that's done, I'll post it and give instructions on how to use it.

v0.50 fixes Excel formulas (Sept 21, 2016)

v0.35 fixes skin tone issues!

v0.30 fixes a major porting bug in attribute ratings. Please update!

v0.25 is an even lighter, faster version of the tools. It also allows you to do minimal manual deleting and interacting.

Version 0.20 is a change that was necessitated to reduce the amount of system RAM required and to speed up the process of editing the actual data and formulas.

The new design is broken into 4 different files:

1. PS3 extracted csv roster from Dynasty Editor.

2. PS3 Conversion XLSM -- Names and Attributes Conversion Tool

3. PS3 Output XLSM -- Conversion Tool

4. Outputted CSV file for PSP/PS2

General Instructions:
Extract the unencrypted Roster save from your PS3 or XBOX 360 roster you want to port. For PS3 rosters, make sure the file ends in *.mc02

Open up a PS3 roster in Xanthanol's Dynasty Editor and export the Player Roster to CSV.

Rename this CSV file to PS3_Input.csv and Open in Excel.

Open PS3_Conversion_Tool.xlsm in Excel

Press SHIFT+OPT+COMMAND+N (or SHIFT+CTRL+N) in the Names Tab. This will auto convert the names to the PS2/PSP format.

Now, open PS3_Output.xlsm file in Excel

Press SHIFT+OPT+COMMAND+C or SHIFT+CTRL+C. This will convert the roster, save, and save as CSV.

A converted CSV file will now be created. Import this into DB Editor with your current Roster Go play!

Knowledge Transfer of PS3 to PS2/PSP conversion and Assumptions and unresolved issues:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Knowledge stuff is scattered every where on this thread. I'll try to collect some things as I learn more. Check out the attached NCAA_Findings file for some basics.

Conversion remaining items:

Improve model to create player body shape and muscle percentage. - In-Progress (BMI-based model)

Speed up the program and improve UI - Help Needed!

Overall Ratings Calculator / Tendency Calculator

2017 Season Source Files

Here's a link to this season's conversion tool + input and output csv files
[LINK]

In the zip are:
  • NCAA_PS3_Conversion_Universal.xlsm || Conversion Marco Part 1 (takes PS3 csv and converts names to numbers, creates player body features, shapes, and converts rating systems
  • PS_Output || Converts the remaining PS3 data to PS2 and calculates or randomizes some items
  • PS3_Input.csv || PS3 Roster converted to a csv
  • PS2_Output.csv || Completed conversion csv file

There's also a readme file for how to convert in the future.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA_Football_PS3toPS2-PSP_Porting_v0.50.zip (7.43 MB, 139 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 09-05-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:10 PM   #5
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Modding other game resources

Available Mods/Tutorials:
Conference Realignment - Updated 09/13/2016 V2.1
Coaching Staff & Playbooks Update
PSP Stadiums
PSP Uniforms
4 Team Playoffs (by Brock)
Dynasty Logger (modified by Brock)
NCAA Draft Class Mix and Match to Madden (brock)

This will be a definite WIP as I learn more. For modding ideas and guides that may apply, check out the ones that are used for Madden 08 PC. They may translate over very well!

For now, there are fun things to look at in the following files on your copy:
template.dat - default game settings, rosters, etc.
anything that ends with *.dat or *.viv - these can be uniforms, stadiums, player models, accessories, etc.

The following tools and editors will be helpful for this journey:

Madden DB Editor
EA Graphics Editor (opens VIV files)
Hex Editor
Madden DAT Replacer
Console Texture Explorer (you can find graphics within MSH files if you know what you're doing and I do not...)

Mods/tutorials WIPs are below. Thanks to those who helped me with ideas, testing, or their own trials and tribulations (all listed below)

Additional tips/tricks/mods can be found scattered through this long thread by the community!

Conference Realignment

Updated 9/5/2017

Current completed custom mods for NCAA 06 will be in the specific year's Roster thread for PS2

NCAA 11 mod by Anarchy666 is found here: [LINK]

For DIY & learning...

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBA-hxASnCY

I've attached a slightly outdated (2016) mod pack which has all the files for one to explore and learn how to do this on your own. It includes custom csv input/output files for NCAA 06 through NCAA 11. The 06 files should work for 07-08, and 09-10 and 11 can use the 11 files.

The create a PLAY database to directly import into this, the easiest way is to create a new dynasty with the roster you intend to use, and make appropriate team swap from FCS to FBS. And then save the new dynasty, and import the save to DB Editor and export the PLAY file. This can be then used to import directly into an existing modded dynasty save so you don''t have to redo all your work each season.

If you follow pages 8-12 on this thread or my blog at Antdroid.net or Youtube channel, you can see how this came about...

Thanks to: Harry97, Brock, and OperationSports

Coaching/Strategy Mod for Dynasties

Note: This is for 2015 only. 2016 updates are included in the Conf Realignment Mod pack!

Updated April 1st 2016! PS2 version now ready to go for NCAA Football 06 or 07! Both PSP and PS2 versions are included in the same v1.6 zip file!

This is a test if anyone is willing to try it out. I created a coaching file with updated strategies and playbooks. It's also based on the NCAA 14 roster set from the community with some modifications I made to fit the 2006 base year of NCAA 07 and also to make it work with the database.

This isn't for the faint of heart.

The zip attached includes DB Editor 3.0 and the coaching file csv. It also includes two other zips which have already edited/modded PSP and PS2 files. The team set is Univ of Washington, but you can change it using DB Editor. Load the roster save and load up the COCH (Coach) table and change the team you want's PFUC column from 0 to 1. Then Save and you're good to go.

First have a NCAA Dynasty save ready in unencrypted format. (You can do this with sgdeemer for PSP or by turning Encrypt Save to False in PPSSPP).

Then open the data.bin file in DB Editor. Once loaded, click the COCH on the left side to load up the coach database.

Now, open the coach csv. Look for a column called PFUC. This column will have mostly all 0's. I have a 1 in one row. This row is associated with UW Huskies (Chris Peterson). Look for the right row you want to use and turn the 0 into a 1.

Import the coach csv included. Then Save.

Now, reload your save to your hardware and try it out.

Thanks to: Vikesfan059, Volwalker

Real Updated NCAA Records:

[LINK]

Download Records zip and use Madden DB Editor to update your SETTINGS save file!

Importing Stadiums Mod:
http://www.antdroid.net/2016/03/ncaa-07-psp-stadiums-uniforms-mod.html

Thanks to: Reeshmd23

Importing Uniforms/Helmets:
This is PSP only! We are working on how to do this for PS2 over at FootballIdiot.com

http://www.antdroid.net/2016/02/ncaa...-swapping.html

Thanks to: Reeshmd23, H4wduk3n, Harry97

4-Team Playoffs by Brock
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2&postcount=50

Dynasty Logging Template
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=172

Importing Any NCAA Draft Classes to any Madden PS2 Game

Method 1: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...68&postcount=9

Method 2: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=343

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA ReAlignment-DIY-MOD.zip (3.29 MB, 135 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 09-05-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #6
Rookie

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Awesome stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2016, 02:48 AM   #7
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Added an exported CSV viewer excel worksheet. More info in Post #2.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi minotauri, a couple questions about the excel worksheet:

Does it support adding more players or do we only replace existing players? (May run into complications of creating a new row with new PGID etc?)
Can I just edit the 'viewer' tab and have it update the 'input' tab which i can take and place into the game via the db editor?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »