Home

NCAA Football '12: 2016-2017 Roster Conversion/Update (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football '12: 2016-2017 Roster Conversion/Update (PS3) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #17
MVP

pinbw's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football '12: 2016-2017 Roster Conversion/Update (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinois
Are there any plans on making a 2017-2018 roster for NCAA 12?
It's a little difficult to convert NCAA 14 to 12 since maximum number of players on teams is 68 on NCAA 12 and 69 players on NCAA 13 &14. So you would have to remove the worst player on each team from the NCAA 14 roster, which would be very time consuming to figure out. And then after you do that then you would have to copy only the data columns on csv Excel files of teams that are the same on each game. NCAA 12 might have also had a few less teams than NCAA 14 and fewer attributes to copy from 14 to 12 for each player.

There is already a conversion for Ncaa 13 so I suggest you just buy a copy from eBay under $10.
(Conversions of both NCAA 14 rosters for PS3 and Xbox360 are available) Or you could spend double,triple or more and get NCAA 14.

Last edited by pinbw; 10-10-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #18
Rookie

Hi was just wondering if these Rosters are still available through USB I still play NCAA '12 love Army Uniforms but also love that you can do the Import Draft Class so if anybody reads this I know it's 2018 and NCAA '14 is way better but love NCAA '12 for the PS3.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #19
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEsparza3
Hi was just wondering if these Rosters are still available through USB I still play NCAA '12 love Army Uniforms but also love that you can do the Import Draft Class so if anybody reads this I know it's 2018 and NCAA '14 is way better but love NCAA '12 for the PS3.
PS3 USB 2016-17 roster is in first page of this thread. The op Brock made it.
All of NCAA 12 rosters can be found here>>https://forums.operationsports.com/f...3&postcount=98

Later year was never made, but if you are good with Excel and editing rosters with NCAA dynasty editor, then you could attempt porting from an NCAA 13 roster.

I made a guide here but gave up due to difficulty and time it would take doing it. But it is possible for someone determined>>https://forums.operationsports.com/f...34&postcount=6
Old 03-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #20
Rookie

Just want to say thanks and I'll be updating the coaches just got done with the SEC.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #21
Rookie

Got em thanks for doing this I will be updating the coaches to my best so I'll u guys know when I finish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 07:25 AM   #22
Rookie

Also are their any game saves to where their were extra teams on the game for NCAA '12 like teambuilder created teams ex. Charlotte, Old Dominion, App State, Georgia St etc.?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #23
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbw
PS3 USB 2016-17 roster is in first page of this thread. The op Brock made it.
All of NCAA 12 rosters can be found here>>https://forums.operationsports.com/f...3&postcount=98

Later year was never made, but if you are good with Excel and editing rosters with NCAA dynasty editor, then you could attempt porting from an NCAA 13 roster.

I made a guide here but gave up due to difficulty and time it would take doing it. But it is possible for someone determined>>https://forums.operationsports.com/f...34&postcount=6
-The total players found in NCAA 13/14 is greater than NCAA 12; I tried comparing the NCAA 13 roster with NCAA 12 & found there are 3 more teams in 13 vs 12, 6 more teams in 14 vs 12.
-**NCAA 12 has a total of 8162 players, consisting of 120 teams. 118 teams have 68 players on each team and 2 teams (Maryland & Neb) have 1 extra player (for 69 players).
-This was true in Brock's NCAA 12_2016 roster, 2 teams had 69 player roster while the remaining teams had 68 players(eg. TGID 47,58 or Maryland,&Nebraska had 69 players; )

-**So it's possible to copy and paste teams from any NCAA 13/14 roster, then delete 1 player from each team to have 68 players (except the 2 teams noted above). In the past it looked like too much for me, so I gave up. But it is possible if you work carefully.
Spoiler

Quote:
Got em thanks for doing this I will be updating the coaches to my best so I'll u guys know when I finish.
Sounds good. are you using the editor to copy and paste from an NCAA 13/14 roster or are you just doing it manually by hand in game? good luck doing all of this.
Quote:
Also are their any game saves to where their were extra teams on the game for NCAA '12 like teambuilder created teams ex. Charlotte, Old Dominion, App State, Georgia St etc.?
No never heard anyone doing this... I don't think it was available or possible.

Last edited by pinbw; 03-16-2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #24
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Arrow Re: NCAA Football '12: 2016-2017 Roster Conversion/Update (PS3)

Tentative NCAA 12 (2017-18) Port-"the missing season for NCAA 12"
(For xbox360 only; may port to PS3 later if it is completed; depth charts may be messed up, so auto or manual adjustment is needed.)...

-based on Bob NCAA 13 file (& Vikesfan NCAA 14 file).

It took a long time but I may have succesfully converted A thru M (Miami,FL) with editors so far. The coaches and teams were also ported.
But some coach ported data may crash game or freeze--file is untested.

May take another 2 weeks. since about 50 out of 120 teams that I completed thru Miami Florida took many days-- determining extra player to omit was hard.

But this file is untested. I will update this post later "if" completed.

update1: I removed the roster temporarily...didn't work...froze probably due to Coaches File or Teams file edited too much. I will reup with just the players mostly ported.

Update2: well it keeps freezing from just players, team rankings, and some coach names ported.
My player file may be causing the freeze. If I cannot figure it out I may just upload the CSV Excell files for anyone else to try.

Update3: I may have to abandon this project indefinitely.
For now I put a partial playable roster with some players. But it is terrible and buggy. It only has Player teams A thru M (Miami).
It was ported from an NCAA13 port from 11-2017. And ported into the old NCAA 2016 season file. Player overall ratings were really low and other wierd things. And depth charts were all strange. Grades of teams were low
-Later I tried porting directly from NCAA 14 1-2018 roster, but it Freezes when trying to play a game.
-Everytime I try to copy and paste more of the excel data into NCAA 12 csv, the result is freeze on startup of a game. very disappointing.
I included the csv Excel files from my latest attempt porting from NCAA 14: players from teams A-thru-N(Nevada). But this may be useless since it last caused my game to freeze.
-I included the 2016 season roster I was using as BASE to copy new edits into. So maybe the freezes occured because of using this file. Unsure..I used that file since it had 2 more players added to roster so 2 teams could have 69 player rosters, instead of 68 players...
-

(I suspect Game Freeze may have resulted from one of the Excel columnns of data from NCAA 14/13--I never figured it out. Either that or it was because of deleting a player from each NCAA 14 team so some positions may have too many players, while others not enough players, so proper number of players at each position may be needed. ...but never figured out the cause of freeze at startup. )
------------------
Update Final:
I successfully made a 2018-19 conversion with some issues. (But I still recommend just picking up NCAA 13 for less $$ instead of waiting on this being made; I tried in late Sept again, but same freeze issues. This ncaa 12 project was sidelined on and off until I finally made it succesfully in Fall 2018.>>HERE)

Last edited by pinbw; 05-04-2019 at 01:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »