Home

NCAA Football PS2 :: 2017-18 Rosters & Mods Project

This is a discussion on NCAA Football PS2 :: 2017-18 Rosters & Mods Project within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Rosters
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA Football PS2 :: 2017-18 Rosters & Mods Project

Thank you so much for doing this every year <3
Old 09-05-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hey, Minotauri excellent port! I'm looking to for the conversion tools you created to get this in the Madden 08 PC Heisman Mod for this season! If I can get the play table extracted and converted to cvs, I can rip the player data and import it into a clean play table prepped with the NCAA team info already present. the idea is to have all 68 total players, assign (55 per team) and the remaining 13 per team as free agents (416 total FA's) assignable to a team's practice squad in franchise play!! And at least on the roster! The FA's are the 13 lowest rated players from the respective teams!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #11
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
Guess the older games we can't get all the teams in conferences - like 12 the limit? Appreciate all you do in making these rosters for us! Just curious about the thought process on some of the teams moving - like Houston and Notre Dame and no Ga Southern since we have App State?
Hi,

Thanks for the questions.

Yes, the old games are hard coded so that the conference structures can't be modified. I found a way around this -- essentially, swapping teams out from conference to conference. You can actually already do this within the game, but by actually modifying the save file, you can rename the conferences to what you want.

For example, within the game you can actually already move say, all the Pac 12 teams to the Conf USA conferences, (a 10 team conference to a 12 team conference), however the Pac 12 teams will now be in Conf USA. I basically manipulated the dynasty save files to make it do what I want.

Anyway, I came up with a hybrid of the modern Power 5 conference system and what was the historical conferences of the past.

I made the Big 12, actually contain 12 teams since I wanted all the Power 5 conferences to have similar conference structure, so I moved the logical teams there, i.e. Houston to it (geography and team on the rise -- it's been discussed a lot lately of them going there), and moved Missouri there from SEC (they're already in the conference during 2005 season).

I chose to move Notre Dame from Independents to the American (Big East) conference because they used to be within that conference. I originally had thought about putting them in the ACC since that's really where they are nowadays, but they used to be in the Big East not too long ago in other sports.

For the Big Ten, I kept Nebraska in it, but decided Maryland and Rutgers belong in the ACC and American respectively. Nebraska makes sense from a geographic standpoint, moreso than the other schools. Plus, I think their style of play is better suited for the Big Ten.

Finally, I abolished UAB, Idaho and New Mexico St from Div 1 because they are or will not be there soon. UAB is coming back, but WKU makes more sense since they are a school on the rise. I picked Appalachain State and UMass to replace Idaho/NM St because I had a roster update for UMass, and App St is one of those surprise teams every year.

I dont know if that answered everything, but that's my thought process in a ramble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 09:14 PM   #12
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleware313
Hey, Minotauri excellent port! I'm looking to for the conversion tools you created to get this in the Madden 08 PC Heisman Mod for this season! If I can get the play table extracted and converted to cvs, I can rip the player data and import it into a clean play table prepped with the NCAA team info already present. the idea is to have all 68 total players, assign (55 per team) and the remaining 13 per team as free agents (416 total FA's) assignable to a team's practice squad in franchise play!! And at least on the roster! The FA's are the 13 lowest rated players from the respective teams!
Yes, I am excited to see if your Madden mod you guys are trying to do works out! I was following the NCAA mods on the other site. I'll PM you my email.

update:
oh looks like you can't send or receive messages. hah.

Last edited by antdroid; 09-05-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #13
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleware313
Here's a link to this season's conversion tool + input and output csv files
[LINK]

In the zip are:
  • NCAA_PS3_Conversion_Universal.xlsm || Conversion Marco Part 1 (takes PS3 csv and converts names to numbers, creates player body features, shapes, and converts rating systems
  • PS_Output || Converts the remaining PS3 data to PS2 and calculates or randomizes some items
  • PS3_Input.csv || PS3 Roster converted to a csv
  • PS2_Output.csv || Completed conversion csv file

There's also a readme file for how to convert in the future.

Please note that the NCAA and Madden PLAY table is not a 1:1 conversion. NCAA has different fields than Madden. Some are obvious, some are not.
Here''s what each field means in the NCAA tables:
[LINK]
Old 09-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #14
Rookie

Any way you can mail me a memory card with rosters? I'll Venmo you the money. Can't get the drive to show up on my PS2 browser. I'm probably doing something wrong, would live to have these rosters. Appreciate what you do.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:56 AM   #15
Rookie

the schedule aren't updated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #16
Pro

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowguy13
the schedule aren't updated
It's not possible because there are teams that do not exist in the game to port over an accurate schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Rosters »