Home

NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #3745
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2018-19 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfury
Lmfao why are you still here? If you want to make your own ratings then you certainly can, but no one here I going to accept your half-assed updates over an actual hard-working team with a constantly updating system. I doubt there is a single person who actually thinks Waddle is worth a 99 speed anyway.
Last double post. I’ve admitted to being wrong about everything and I don’t do 40 times or metrics. I do watching the games. I’m not gonna say no one is “as fast as waddle” but I’m pretty confident to say no one is “unequivocally faster” at the risk of sounding like a committee member. Lol. Sorry I laughed at my own joke. Is he a top CFB player? No. He is one of thes fastest if not the fastest. That is not a debate. Obviously just like the committee doesn’t really know for sure if Oklahoma is better than Georgia I don’t know if he is the “actual”fastest. The problem with the committee is the eye test and the fact they think they know that certain teams are “better” than others. I’m an sec homer and Georgia whooped our butt last week and we got lucky to win. We also played our worst game since losing to Louisiana Monroe including every game we have lost since then. OU would have beat us playing like that. So “Georgia is definitely a top 4 team” but they lost 2 games so OU is in. I agree with the two losses and Ou in. But this notion that the committee is so smart they know that Oklahoma or Georgia is a better team than Ohio state when they haven’t even played is ridiculous. I despise Ohio st but I’m not buying Georgia would blow them out nor Oklahoma. Just because one day they got sparked vt Purdue doesn’t change anything in a one game scenario as talented as they are. I actually think they got ripped as 1 loss big 10 champ because the committee thinks Georgia is better because their eye test. These guys should be living in Vegas betting all the games if they know for sure which team is better than the other. This rant came off topic and the committee got it right. But they lucked into getting it right. They think they know that certain teams are better than 1 loss Big 10’ champions like Ohio st. I honestly think if Ohio st played well they could win the tournament but they finished 6th behind 2 loss “we played bama close” Georgia. How did uga do against Ed freakin oregeron? Lost by 20. So I guess LSU is unequivocally better or something? If you think my gaming posts are bad just get a little taste of my dumb opinions on CFB in general Hahahahahahaha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #3746
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreigns86
A apologize to you and understand that my words were insulting to you and all I do is brag to people and try to get them back playing this because of you so I certaintly did not intend to insult you but I clearly came across that way so I apologize. I didn’t even change acceleration or anything. I’m not diligent enough to do the work like you are. Whoever said I need to watch more tape because of acceleration. I didn’t even change acceleration. Tua and guys like Kyler Murray have to be rated so high because they are supposed to stand out as some of the best players. All things equal they could be 95s and be the best players but if I just change Alabama to meet that criteria they fall down with a team like Memphis which obviously is right so you have to overrate their skill to keep them the best. They have won 5/9 championships so generally speaking they have Better players than most teams im not gonna use the #1 recruiting class streak cause that doesn’t mean everything but the titles pretty much say it. But boss I apologize for insulting you. Like I said no one is stopping me from doing them my way except me. I meant in the future I’d like to try and help but clearly everyone thinks I’m an idiot so I won’t but that was my intent and I did over do Alabama but again that was just to make certain guys stand out because buggs and Williams are two of the best linemen out there and they have to be 98 or 99 to meet the criteria to stand out compared to others. I’ll leave y’all to gang up on me. Thanks you all for at least hearing my thoughts even if they are idiotic. Thank you guys
Man I feel like you're taking this waaay more serious then you should lol. You didn't offend me I just thought it was poor form in the manner you went about it but it's not really that big of a deal. The problem is I don't know what some of you want from us when it comes to rosters at times. We use a system so it's impossible for people to play favorites no more no less. The problem is as fans we LOVE our teams and sometimes waaay too much I am guilty of this as well lol. But when we start putting our feelings before facts with rosters then legitimacy and consistency get lost.

For example most Michigan fans thought Rashan Gary should have been a 99 overall out of HS and I wasn't even having that BS. Fast forward to his JR year and I think Rashan should be about a 86 overall now instead of the 90 he's at right now. He was at a 96 from the preseason All American list and I bumped him down from that to a 90 since he did make All Conference last year. Rashan is going to be a pretty high 1st round pick in the NFL but I don't think he was that good of a player this year for Michigan. So in my heart he is a 86 overall which is the most you can be without making a AC/AA list, but in reality he made AC list last year and this year so I gave him the rating he earned that followed the system we all use. It's not fair for me to say he is better or worse bcuz that's how I feel when there is a system in place to take a persons feelings out of the equation all together. Long story short following the system keeps it fair for everybody's team.

Jaylen Waddle -

High School Combine stats:

40: 4.52 ESPN/SPARQ = 88 in speed

40: 4.37 Under Armour Houston Camp (laser timed) = 94 in speed

He is a 94 in speed and 96 in acceleration and that makes him one of the fastest players in the game period.

That makes him the 4th fastest and the 3rd quickest player in the game. The way these rosters are setup it truly shows teams for exactly what they are. If your player is fast he will blow past a slower DB and absolutely kill LB's in coverage.

Jalen Hurts -

40: 4.85 ESPN/SPARQ = 75 in speed

Shuttle: 4.34 = 92 in acceleration

40: 4.48 Alabama's team workout. = 90 in speed

Jalen is faster than a 75 but to keep things fair since I have a verified time for him I keep it this way. I think Jalen is around a 81 to 82 in speed at least that's my guess. My question is do you really think he went from a 75 in speed in HS to a 90 in speed since enrolling at Bama?

Unless every team participates in camps that were laser timed and we get all that info then we will never have a perfect system. Even if teams did there would still be multiple variables as to why players would run worse today and better tomorrow.

I also seen you mention that Damien Harris was not your back RB. That may be true but following the system he was the only RB you had who got any preseason AA votes.

Finally I had multiple Bama fans working with me when I finalized your guys roster so I can promise you rather I am a fan of your team or not they were given the proper respect they deserve for being the team that they are! This is the same approach I use with every team I do. I am NOT the all knowing God of CFB and I make mistakes too lol. My advice is enjoy what you have with this game bcuz this years roster set is the best I have seen since the game came out and it's not even close!
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs

Last edited by BossHawgMichigan; 12-06-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #3747
Rookie

LindseyLegacy's Arena

FYI if anyone gets the time which I realize none of us have at this time of the year. Looking through Clemson rosters I noticed #10 fr WR Derion Kendrick has a "89" awareness I'm sure this is a typo for the simple fact you guys rate all freshmen with a 69 awareness. If you can fix it please much appreciated.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #3748
Rookie

Tired of hearing about Bama and their ratings. Waddle is fast but he'd get smoked by the track athletes who play football. I can think of at least 8
-10 guys who would have a faster speed rating if you didnt account for football speed. Bama has a lot of quality players but they also have a lot who have under performed. Just be happy they have the ratings they do. I appreciate all the work you guys do! You're the reason I got back into the game!
Old 12-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #3749
Just started!

First of all I Thank You Guy's for your hard work and dedication to providing the NCAA Football fans with these great 2018-2019 rostersTooonstructive Criticism is great for growth but Dissing people for what they put thier time and energy into is Discouraging. If we don't get next years rosters man it will be partly due to peoples negative comments. If you don't like what the roster looks you have the option of changing what you don't like. Too much work for me to do and I respect everthing that this or any team puts into making a system for rosters and putting it out for everyone to enjoy for FREE... GREAT JOB FELLAS...
Old 12-06-2018, 07:00 PM   #3750
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnbacon98
if anyone wants to start an online dynasty I was planning on starting one.
reply, like, or message me if interested. Obviously would be using these rosters
I'm down
PSN: CoLToNsBaLLiN5
Old 12-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #3751
Rookie

When will the Xbox roster get updated and processed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2018, 09:02 PM   #3752
Just started!

Hey guys, I was wondering when you guys were going to start development on the 2019 rosters. I wanted to do an Iowa dynasty but Noah Fant stays for his senior year (he didn't irl) and there are tons of recruits I wanted to know, and ik this takes time and I shouldn't be selfish but if someone could just add like 4 new Iowa recruits to the team and remove Noah Fant I would be beyond grateful. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »