Home

NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #33
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by big09
Might be interesting to set all programs at same prestige level along with coaches to see what programs grow into a powerhouse. Just a thought.

You're kind of reading my mind man lol. I definitely thought about that while also erasing coaching records, championships etc and starting all teams off on the same level. My main thing is, with this being a fictional roster, i dont want it to look like what it would normally. I would love to see a team like Texas St. become the best team in Texas or Georgia St etc. So yeah, they may really be a good idea.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #34
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Thank you so much for your work on this. If you have time, can you give us specifics for each attribute i.e. minus 10 for speed, minus 15 for accel? Are they position specific or did you just do mass edits?

Couple of other points.... i dont like seeing a lot of WWE style hits so i dropped hit power 15 points. I also bumped kick power because punts and kick offs were unrealistic and the cpu would always go for it in the red zone.

Other than that, i love the way the game plays.
Players seem to have more weight and move realistically.

Last edited by hornfan; 05-13-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #35
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan
Thank you so much for your work on this. If you have time, can you give us specifics for each attribute i.e. minus 10 for speed, minus 15 for accel? Are they position specific or did you just do mass edits?

Couple of other points.... i dont like seeing a lot of WWE style hits so i dropped hit power 15 points. I also bumped kick power because punts and kick offs were unrealistic and the cpu would always go for it in the red zone.

Yeah i got you bro. I uploaded the roster without making and attrbute adjustments because everybody's style is different and i was gon a leave it up to whoever downloaded it to make whatever adjustments they wanted to make. The truth is, is i make a whole lot of roster edits to fit my style and enjoyment lol. I can post some of what i do and the edits i make and if you feel like you may wanna try the roster out after i finish i will upload it. It may take a little time while i test things out. But i will say that im like you in that i dont like the hit stick tackles a d i have always "0" out Hit Power for all players and in doing that you get way more form tackles and just tackle animations in general which i love. As far as Speed and Acceleration ive always done -20 for both. I made it a point to have no player above 80 speed. It kinda opened up the game more if that makes sense. But yeah, ill share some other things i do when i get home too tho. Oh yeah, i also lower kick and punt accuracy by 15. I lower kick and punt power by 10. That way i see coffin corner and punts that roll changing field position.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 05-13-2018 at 06:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2018, 10:46 PM   #36
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornfan

So, off the top of my head, here are a few things I edit in my roster to my liking...

1) There are certain position specific Tendencies that I do away with. For example...because the QB SCRAMBLE Tendency is OP with regards QB's running the ball, I switch all Scramble QB's to Balanced with the exception of QB's who are in an Option Offense. The same for CB. I only 2 Tendencies I use for CB's is Coverage and Balanced. I do away with Hard Hitter. For Strong Safety, I do away with the Coverage Tendency and only use Balanced and Hard Hitter.

2) True Freshmen- For true freshmen, I use an Awareness scale of 0-60. So the highest Awareness a True Freshman offensive player can have is 60. The exception being a few Blue Chippers. For True Freshmen Defensive Players it's Play Recognition since that's the Awareness rating for defensive players. The scale is 0-60 also, the exception being a few Blue Chippers. I do this so there will be a risk/reward factor for playing True Freshmen.

3) Option Teams- I give all OL on Option oriented teams 127 Acceleration and Run Block Rating. I give The QB's and RB's 127 BCV. I do this to make the AI's Option game potent because out of the box with no edits it's kind of easy to shut down. With these edits the AI, gives fits in the option game.

4) I "0" the Hit Power rating to do away with the WWE Hit Stick tackles. I would rather see form tackles take place and this does that.

5) Coach Skill Trees- I "0" the entire Skill Tree Ratings except for those associated with Recruiting. Those in-game boosts you get from the Skill Tree are no longer needed when you are able to use the attribute scale of 0-127. No extra boosts are needed.

6) The "127" rating- The only players on the roster who get a 127 attribute in a given category are All-Americans. If the player is an All-American then I give them a rating of 127 in all position specific categories as well as Awareness and/or Play Recognition. That way you are sure to feel their presence on the field. For All-Conference players, I give 95 at the position specific attributes.

7) TDawg's Excel Workbook- I love his workbook and I use it. It makes life so much easier when it comes to editing.

Those are just a few of the things I do on my rosters.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

One thing I am doing is raising Awareness 5 to 15 points on Random players in the Roster. Mainly doing it for lower Mid Major programs to make the game more random. Also tinkering with some Coaches as well.

Thanks again for sharing your file.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 05-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

This is a great dynasty roster. If you aren't using it or using it as a base you are missing out.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 05-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #39
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Morning. For anyone keeping up with this roster, i will be making edits in the next couple of days. All teams will have equal program prestige, recruit pitches...all head coaches will start with the same approval rating. I will also try to put my profile edits up here all well. Should all be done by Saturday.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #40
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

It took me about 4 hours to finally figure out what was causing the roster file to freeze at week 15 during Season and Dynasty mode. Somehow, during the last season I simulated...there were 3 players on the South Alabama team who were technically removed from the roster but still showing up. They couldn't be edited on the console. The ID numbers that were assigned to them were actually ID numbers of 3 of LSU's players. So I opened up the roster in the Dynasty editor and deleted the 3 players from South Alabama and walaaaaaa...problem solved! I did a test run through both Season and Dynasty all the way up to season 2 and there were no freezes. The editor saved this roster because i was one step from deleting and starting from scratch and that woukd have been disheartening because i put in work on this lol.

So my apologies to anybody who downloaded it and it froze. Shoukd have tested it all beforehand. Ill be posting the updated roster in my locker this evening if anyone wants to try it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »