Home

NCAA 14 Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Classic Rosters within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #33
Rookie

JustinT86's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 Classic Rosters

Do u have any rosters from the days of Peyton Manning?
#6VFL
Old 09-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #34
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinT86
Do u have any rosters from the days of Peyton Manning?
I have completed a 1990s roster set.

I did all the “big” schools but didn’t touch the lower level teams (MAC, Sun Belt etc, but I did edit a few name players from some of those teams: an example is Tulane were QBs Shaun King and Patrick Ramsey are on the roster) Also only did the offensive lineman from top schools (since they don’t get featured at all).
Players were renamed and re-rated, and all player rating were lowered (I think the basic ratings are far too high across the board). For example, the highest rated player is a 93 (Alabama CB Antonio Langham). There’s a progression in the roster set: guys who were early 90s are seniors, while guys in the late 90s are freshmen.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #35
MVP

There's a very good 1995 season roster for Xbox 360

Gabbysdad20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 04:36 PM   #36
Rookie

98silverbolts7to15's Arena

I didn't want to mention this until I am closer to being finished, but I have been working on a 1997 roster file. I am basically done with the Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12, and am currently working on the Pac-10. Big East will be after that. I am trying to make the rosters as historically accurate as possible, using my own rating system. Some teams take longer than others, depending on what archived info I can find online. The smaller teams I'm going to do as best as possible, mostly using 97 and 98 Phil Steele magazines. Some of the good lesser known teams, (1997 Marshall comes to mind first) I will spend more time on. After I finish 97 I will also do a 1998 roster, since those were my 2 favorite college football seasons.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #37
Rookie

NCISfanatic21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98silverbolts7to15
I didn't want to mention this until I am closer to being finished, but I have been working on a 1997 roster file. I am basically done with the Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12, and am currently working on the Pac-10. Big East will be after that. I am trying to make the rosters as historically accurate as possible, using my own rating system. Some teams take longer than others, depending on what archived info I can find online. The smaller teams I'm going to do as best as possible, mostly using 97 and 98 Phil Steele magazines. Some of the good lesser known teams, (1997 Marshall comes to mind first) I will spend more time on. After I finish 97 I will also do a 1998 roster, since those were my 2 favorite college football seasons.

NICE!!!!!!! How close are you to finishing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #38
Rookie

98silverbolts7to15's Arena

Making slow progress. It takes a really long time to finish some teams. Some teams have really good online archives for old depth charts and statistics. Others it's hard to find information. Granted, 1997 was over 20 years ago now. I also work full time, so I tend to knock out a bunch of teams in a row when I have the time. Once I finish the PAC-10 and Big East I will edit some of the best teams from the lower-profile conferences and then release the first version. Then I'll gradually finish the remaining conference teams along with other edits. I know the Big Ten the best, so I am sure there will be problems with non Big Ten teams that I'll have to go back and fix.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:40 PM   #39
Rookie

gatordemps's Arena

OVR: 3

gatordemps,alltime roster
Old 11-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #40
Rookie

NCISfanatic21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98silverbolts7to15
Making slow progress. It takes a really long time to finish some teams. Some teams have really good online archives for old depth charts and statistics. Others it's hard to find information. Granted, 1997 was over 20 years ago now. I also work full time, so I tend to knock out a bunch of teams in a row when I have the time. Once I finish the PAC-10 and Big East I will edit some of the best teams from the lower-profile conferences and then release the first version. Then I'll gradually finish the remaining conference teams along with other edits. I know the Big Ten the best, so I am sure there will be problems with non Big Ten teams that I'll have to go back and fix.

How goes the progress now?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »