Home

NCAA Football PS2 & PSP :: 2018-19 Rosters & Mods Project

This is a discussion on NCAA Football PS2 & PSP :: 2018-19 Rosters & Mods Project within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA Football PS2 & PSP :: 2018-19 Rosters & Mods Project [Updated 9/28/2018]

Welcome to NCAA Football 19 for Playstation 2 & Playstation Portable!!

Updated: 10/19/2018

2018-19 Season Rosters are currently a port of pinbw's NCAA 13 roster which is a combination of both the 360 and PS3 NCAA14 roster team's excellent work!

Available now for NCAA 06 and NCAA 11 for PS2
Available now for NCAA 07 and NCAA 10 for PSP

Version History:

v1: 09/21/2018 - Missing Cinn & New Mexico St
v2: 09/28/2018 - Added Cinn and updates from PS3 team to date
v3: 10/19/2018 - Pretty much done.

Installation:

PSP:
Move files to /PSP/SAVEDATA folder on your device

PPSSPP:
Move files to your PPSSPP/PSP/SAVEDATA folder

PS2:
Use ActionReplay with the MAX file attached in zip.
Use uLauncherELF with Free MC Boot memory card using the PSU file attached in zip. Look below for more info.

PCSX2:
Transfer to PCSX2 emulator by using MyMC application

Please view post 2 for mod info.

Youtube Video Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOCB-omqYzU

Free MC Boot / uLauncherELF Method:
You can make your own Free MC Boot memory card or find one online to buy. This memory card lets you do some special things on PS2. One of the cool things is it has a File Manager built-in that let's you transfer save files from a USB stick to your PS2 Memory card.

Download the roster file. Unzip it and put it on our USB drive.

Make sure the drive is formatted to FAT file system. PS2 won't read it otherwise.

Then put the USB drive into your PS2 and also the FMC memory card in one of the slots.

When you turn on the PS2, it'll boot up the FREE MC BOOT menu. There's a menu item called uLauncherELF. Open that. It's a File Manager.

Then, follow these instructions in this youtube video I made a while back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sniMAIyUx7I

FOR OTHER MODDING AND CONVERTING SAVE TO OTHER PS2 YEARS, please refer to this thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-ps2-ncaa.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA06-PS2-Roster-2018v3.zip (734.8 KB, 844 views)
File Type: zip NCAA11-PS2-Roster-2018v3.zip (737.8 KB, 1201 views)
File Type: zip NCAA07-PSP-Roster-2018v3.zip (489.7 KB, 622 views)
File Type: zip NCAA10-PSP-Roster-2018v3.zip (1.23 MB, 1588 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 10-20-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #2
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Re: NCAA Football PS2 & PSP :: 2018-19 Rosters & Mods Project

2018-19 SEASON DYNASTY MODS!

v1 09/22
v2 09/28
v2.1 09/29 - NCAA11 only fixes coach file and 2018 Start Date

The mod is available for NCAA 06 and 11 for PS2.

PSP version for NCAA 07 and 10.

This mod updates the Dynasty with all new features including:
-Updated Rosters (ALL)
-Updated Coaches and Coaching Strategies (ALL)
-Updated Uniforms for PSP (07)
-Updated Heisman Candidates (ALL)
-Updated Magazine Cover (ALL)
-Updated Poll Rankings (06, 07 and 10)
-Updated Prestige Ratings (06, 07 and 10)
-Updated Starting Year (06 and 11)
-Updated Bowl Game Names (ALL)
-Updated Conference Structure as shown below (06, 10, 11)
-Updated Conf Title Games (06, 10, 11)
-And much more!

Playstation 2
PS2 File is attached to this post.

The starting team is default set to University of Washington. To change your team, go to Coach Options and QUIT your team. The Join a new team. Or Create a new coach first and then quit UW.

For NCAA11, simulate the pre-season and then Coach Options will be available.

PSP

PSP Save files are found attached to here.

If you want to also update the GAME ISO files check out the link below:
PSP Files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fW...2fDOOsqbhjlNWZ

PSP pack requires some user editing, but instructions are included to make it as easy as possible for you!

Attached Images
File Type: png Mod.png (59.6 KB, 4899 views)
File Type: png Mod-10-11.png (71.4 KB, 4722 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA11-PS2-DynMod-2018v3.zip (916.6 KB, 459 views)
File Type: zip NCAA-PSP 18-19 Mod Pack.zip (2.41 MB, 571 views)
File Type: zip NCAA06-PS2-DynMod-2018v3.1.zip (1.77 MB, 330 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 10-20-2018 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #3
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22

Asked this on Reddit, but does this include updated prestige rankings as well?
Old 09-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTPack919
Asked this on Reddit, but does this include updated prestige rankings as well?
I did update the prestige rankings but will need to fix a bug before I release the dynasty mod.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Arrow Re: NCAA Football PS2 & PSP :: 2018-19 Rosters & Mods Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
I did update the prestige rankings but will need to fix a bug before I release the dynasty mod.
Amazing work you did here! GREAT JOB on getting these updated for PS2 & PSP!
----------
In your notes you stated you ported this from my NCAA 13 roster conversion. I had some problems making the NCAA 13 roster work in dynasty mode, So is the Dynasty bug you mentioned related to the same problems in that roster.
(2 days ago, I managed to fix the dynasty issues in that roster a little bit more. Problem was related to some of the Excel columns of data from NCAA 14 in the Coaches or Teams data. So I think I fixed NCAA 13 dynasty issues now by using the previous years files as base.).
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...5&postcount=46
----
However I plan to update all of my rosters NCAA 14 & 13 later today/tomorrow. So if you are using NCAA 13 as a source, then maybe you can wait for my next update first before fixing your roster...If not no problem. -- my next update may not be ready till Tuesday.

*Next major NCAA 14/13 update (9-24-18) will include:
Spoiler

-------

Last edited by pinbw; 09-24-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbw
Amazing work you did here! GREAT JOB on getting these updated for PS2 & PSP!
----------
In your notes you stated you ported this from my NCAA 13 roster conversion. I had some problems making the NCAA 13 roster work in dynasty mode, So is the Dynasty bug you mentioned related to the same problems in that roster.
(2 days ago, I managed to fix the dynasty issues in that roster a little bit more. Problem was related to some of the Excel columns of data from NCAA 14 in the Coaches or Teams data. So I think I fixed NCAA 13 dynasty issues now by using the previous years files as base.).
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...5&postcount=46
----
However I plan to update all of my rosters NCAA 14 & 13 later today/tomorrow. So if you are using NCAA 13 as a source, then maybe you can wait for my next update first before fixing your roster...If not no problem. -- my next update may not be ready till Tuesday.

*Next major NCAA 14/13 update (9-24-18) will include:
Spoiler

-------
Hi,

The Dynasty file I create is totally my own and not ported over. I basically take the roster update, and port that over directly to PS2 using my excel macro tool I made and NCAA Dynasty Editor (which I use to export the PS3 data to csv)

The macro takes all the PS3 attributes, names etc, and converts each to the format PS2 uses. There's a ton of math involved where attributes are different and player models, skins, faces accessories etc are not 1 for 1. Took me over a year to get the tool properly working for everything in the game.

Then from there, I have to go in and manually update the depth charts. I can't just port over the depth charts from PS3 because for whatever reason some of the games on PS2/PSP dont like it even though its similar in formatting. For this, I typically just auto-reorder and edit anything that I know looks off.

Then from there, I have to create a new dynasty, and immediately save it. I then pull the roster and depth chart from this dynasty and import it into an already created dynasty save I have from previous years.

I do this so I dont have to go redo as much of the leg work I already did in the mod. The dynasty mod required a lot of manual adjustments of data in the save file using spreadsheets and manual changes within the DB Editor tool. I recently rebuilt a new dynasty save but found out my Schedule and Bowl game databases didnt match each other, so I'm trying to fix that later today.

Each year, I end up redoing it from scratch though it wasnt really the intent lol. But some of the stuff like Heisman, coaches, pre-season all americans, magazine covers and articles, and rankings need to be remade anyway.

The most time consuming is rankings.

Anyway, I wish I could just port over coaches, but I cant. The playbook numbers are not the same. Many are, but there are more generic playbooks in the PS3/360 gen than in the PS2 so if it reads a playbook that isnt available, all hell breaks loose in the game. Funny things happen. They default to special teams lol.

I am able to port over coaching tendencies and other things though.

Once I have the dynasty mods made, and the rhythm going, updating the rosters should take about an hour or so after that. The PS2 ones are a piece of cake. The PSP ones take more time because of encryption and other finicky nuances.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #7
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Thanks for the detailed explaination of how this was made! Amazing work--sounds like a work of art and all you! It's definitely one of the most complex of all NCAA football conversions out here.
Without you, it wouldn't be possible to play this on PC with emulators and old consoles. Thanks for everything you do to keep these classic NCAA Football Games alive.
-------------
Due to the complexity of the process, it's too bad you can't lay out a massive tutorial with all of the necessary tools for downloading, on how to make this from the ground up. In case you stop making the conversions one day, or this site goes away, then someone else could keep this thing going eg. 3 or 4 years from now. But I'll just enjoy this today & let someone else worry about the legacy!
Old 09-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #8
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Posted the NCAA 06 Mod. Tested it for a couple season and now issues. Still having major scheduling issues for 07 PSP though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »