Home

NCAA Football 14: 2019-2020 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2019-2020 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2019, 06:22 PM   #33
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2019-2020 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmw123
My point was just that the there is no way for any team to legitimately be "complete" prior to signing day. That's just silly.

What's "silly" about Boss' post buddy?
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 01-31-2019, 07:18 PM   #34
Rookie

patmw123's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
What's "silly" about Boss' post buddy?
It's silly to label a team "complete" for the 2019-2020 season when signing day 2019 hasn't even happened yet. The conversation started with someone else and that's who was talking about "complete" teams and also who I was responding to.

Last edited by patmw123; 01-31-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:13 PM   #35
Rookie

appstate's Arena

Quote:
It's silly to label a team "complete" for the 2019-2020 season when signing day 2019 hasn't even happened yet. The conversation started with someone else and that's who was talking about "complete" teams and also who I was responding to.
In this case, I think "complete" refers to teams that already have a pre-spring roster completed, which you can put together using a combination of last year's depth charts, redshirts, early signees and commits. Any additions or subtractions to that prospective roster after NSD would be minimal anyway.

The editing for this upcoming season is already underway, we just haven't fully moved to this thread yet because final edits are still being made to last year's roster.

Last edited by appstate; 02-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #36
Rookie

How far many years can one play dynasty?
Old 02-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #37
Rookie

patmw123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstate
In this case, I think "complete" refers to teams that already have a pre-spring roster completed, which you can put together using a combination of last year's depth charts, redshirts, early signees and commits. Any additions or subtractions to that prospective roster after NSD would be minimal anyway.

The editing for this upcoming season is already underway, we just haven't fully moved to this thread yet because final edits are still being made to last year's roster.
I fully aware of where the team is at with editing and whatnot for 19-20. I wasn't complaining about that at all and that's not the point. I just think there's a difference between a team being "done up to this point" for the 2019-2020 season and a team being "Complete" for the 2019-2020 season.

It just seems like using the terms "complete" or "done" so soon for the 2019-2020 season could be confusing for members/visitors to the site/thread that may not be as familiar as the rest of us.

I don't benefit from it one way or the other. Just trying to look out for those who come in and may easily get confused. I still stand by what I said about it being silly to call a team "complete" prior to the new freshman signing their LOIs to actually enroll in the school.

Last edited by patmw123; 02-01-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:00 AM   #38
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

I personally responded because I find your post to come across as unnecessary & rude to be honest. If you don't know how this roster creation fully works for NCAA 14 for all the time that the team has been doing this then there's no need to make post towards any of the roster creators that says it's "silly" or whatever other not needed terms you want to use. Is this your first go around in following the roster work done here for NCAA 14 because it sure seems like it the way you're sounding off? Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 02-02-2019, 01:07 PM   #39
Rookie

patmw123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I personally responded because I find your post to come across as unnecessary & rude to be honest. If you don't know how this roster creation fully works for NCAA 14 for all the time that the team has been doing this then there's no need to make post towards any of the roster creators that says it's "silly" or whatever other not needed terms you want to use. Is this your first go around in following the roster work done here for NCAA 14 because it sure seems like it the way you're sounding off? Thanks.
I'm fully aware of the roster making process. I try to contribute what I can to help what everyone does. What does the process have to do with calling something "complete" when it's obviously not complete? My whole point was for the benefit of everyone to avoid confusion. Not sure why that's so bad. But go ahead and use whatever vernacular you want. Like I said, I don't benefit one way or the other which terminology is used. I'm simply trying to help avoid confusion. That's not being rude and I don't appreciate you saying that. It is silly to call something complete when it is literally not complete.

And no it's not "my first go around". I host the Official 360 Roster for 18-19 on my gamertag (PM Dubs) and have helped Pinbw in the past with his Mod roster. I try to help as much as I can.

Regardless, even if it were my first post (not sure why my post count even matters), it is still confusing to label something as complete when it's not. It's common sense. I stand by what I said and am simply looking out for the best interests of everyone. It's not hard to understand. Thanks for your concern.

Last edited by patmw123; 02-02-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #40
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
I'm fully aware of the roster making process. I try to contribute what I can to help what everyone does. What does the process have to do with calling something "complete" when it's obviously not complete? My whole point was for the benefit of everyone to avoid confusion. Not sure why that's so bad. But go ahead and use whatever vernacular you want. Like I said, I don't benefit one way or the other which terminology is used. I'm simply trying to help avoid confusion. That's not being rude and I don't appreciate you saying that. It is silly to call something complete when it is literally not complete.

And no it's not "my first go around". I host the Official 360 Roster for 18-19 on my gamertag (PM Dubs) and have helped Pinbw in the past with his Mod roster. I try to help as much as I can.

Regardless, even if it were my first post (not sure why my post count even matters), it is still confusing to label something as complete when it's not. It's common sense. I stand by what I said and am simply looking out for the best interests of everyone. It's not hard to understand. Thanks for your concern.
Good God man this one fell off the tracks quick lol.

There are normally 4 sets we use to consider a team complete.

Pre-Spring
Post-Spring
Post-Fall
Week 1

The early signing period has already happened. The majority of teams try to get everyone to sign early so the majority of incoming classes you see are pretty close to being final give or take a few players.

Most people like to see the incoming recruits and SR's removed early to get a feel for what next years team will look like. I will normally leave at least 1 spot open for a surprise transfer coming in but there are no players named X X on my teams when I post them as complete. I just delete the extra player and add his spot back once their Spring roster becomes more clear. Players will still transfer all the way up to fall camp but that's CFB. The teams these guys are referencing to are Pre-Spring complete. Michigan is 100% complete barring anymore transfers so it's not silly to list them as complete. What they look like right now is what they will look like when Spring practices kicks off.
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »