Home

Division III Roster File

This is a discussion on Division III Roster File within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
TarheelPhenom's Division III Dynasty/Roster File

I'm currently working on a Division III roster file. It's an extension of my Fictional roster in that it's the base that I'm using for this roster. A couple of things obviously...

1) There is nothing that I can do about uniforms. So there is no work around there.

2) There is nothing I can do about Conference Names. No work around there either.

But...

1) Each team will have authentic Division III team names. I'm doing my best to match DIII teams with teams on the game who either have similar uniforms, are located in the same state or have similar names.

2) I'm changing every teams stadium so that every team plays in one of the high school stadiums and on the high school or practice field. I've ran a test dynasty to see if it would work correctly and it does. You can actually mix and match a stadium with another football field. I chose the high school football fields to allow team logos to be removed.

3) The players will be a little shorter...a little smaller...a little less talented. There will be OL weighing in at 240 and 250. You will have LB's weighing 185 etc.

4) Each team will be 1* Prestige. With regards to Dynasty Mode, I am going to edit all recruits down to 1*. There are no Blue Chip recruits going to DIII schools...not ever 2* or 3*...at least not under normal circumstances. So, all recruits will be 1* and player ratings will be low enough to where nobody goes pro early...which means every team will have 4 and 5 year guys all the time.

5) The Stadium edits only show up in Dynasty mode from what I can tell. If you use the roster in Play Now, your stadium choices are the regular one's although you can choose a high school field to play on.

If there is any interest let me know. Otherwise I'll just keep it for my use. Peaceeeeeeeeee!

Update 7/7/19

I will be uploading my DIII Roster file to my GT: TarheelPhenom immediately after this post. For those who may be only interested in the roster file itself, I would advise using it in Season Mode rather than Play Now. If you use it in Play Now, you will only get the Team Name changes and that's it. At least in Season Mode you will get the Team Names as well as the edited Stadiums.

I have also finished my DIII Dynasty Mod as well. This is where you will get the full effects. I posted the Mod with every single file as well as instructions on how and when to import the files. I have pretty much done all of the work and all anyone who cares to try this out needs to know is how to import the files at the right time; and again I have added instructions on how and when to do so. In this mod:

1) Every team has been edited and changed to represent a DIII school. (There was nothing I could do about the uniforms)

2) Every team's stadium has been edited and recreated with correct stadium names, cities and state as well as attendance to replicate DIII football. So, if you want to play in front of 100,000 fans...you won't find it here lol. Try 1,000 in small high school looking venues.

3) Every player's height and weight have been edited to the average height and wight of DIII football players based on information I got off of www.ncaasports.org . However, starting with the year 1 recruiting class you will notice a handful of guys bigger than the average at each position.

4) I have included a recruiting class for year 1. Every recruit is rated a 1* since that was the closest I could come to replicating DIII recruits since they are not on athletic scholarship. Every recruits attributes have been edited per my own ratings scale to go along with the base roster file.

5) All Bowl game and Bowl Stadiums have been edited and changed to be named "DIII Playoffs" .

6) All Neutral Site and Conference Championship Games and Stadiums have been edited and changed.

7) All teams are 1* in prestige and all recruit pitches have been edited to better replicate why a player will choose a school. For example pitches like Pro Potential and TV Exposure will be among the lowest pitches and Proximity to Home and Academics will be among the highest.

8) All team Recruit Player Tendencies have been edited in an effort to have the CPU teams recruit players based on offense and defensive philosophies.

9) Because DIII teams are broken down into REGIONS and they have so many different conferences; I have used "Conferences" as "Regions" and the "Divisions" within each "Conference" as "Conferences to Realign each team. It may take some getting used to seeing a team that may be from the West Coast playing in the ACC. But the thing to remember is that team is replicating a DIII team.

10) I'll leave this up to the user, but...since DIII uses Playoff format...I have it setup so that Conference Championship Games serve as 1st round or quarterfinal match ups...then the BCS Bowl games will serve as 2nd Round/Semifinal games with the BCS Championship serving as the Stagg Bowl(DIII National Championship). This would be for anyone who knows how to do the Playoff workaround that's found on the front page. An alternative, which I'm leaning towards is which is what I'm leaning towards is once the conference championship games have been played and then the bowl games are set, I'm going to create my playoff bracket based on bowl match ups and play the playoffs out in Play Now Mode. I personally have never done the Playoff Workaround...so I'll have to brush up on that myself.

I know this may not be for everyone and it may seem like a lot of steps at first. But, once you do it you won't have to worry doing it anymore. If one person can find joy out of it then I'm satisfied. With that being said...ENJOY!
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA DIII Mod Part 1.zip (409.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: zip NCAA DIII Mod Part 2.zip (25.5 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 07-07-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 02:21 AM   #2
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Division III Roster File

If you are looking for any guidelines for creating height and weight for the players, the NCSA has some recruiting guidelines and average height and weight for position players in each division.

https://www.ncsasports.org/football/...ing-guidelines

For instance, a D-III QB on average is 2 inches shorter and 18 pounds lighter than a D-I QB.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
If you are looking for any guidelines for creating height and weight for the players, the NCSA has some recruiting guidelines and average height and weight for position players in each division.

https://www.ncsasports.org/football/...ing-guidelines

For instance, a D-III QB on average is 2 inches shorter and 18 pounds lighter than a D-I QB.
Thanks man I can def use this.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

All teams have been named and all team specific stadiums have been edited and changed. All players have been edited with regards to height and weight as well as player ratings. None of the players have position specific ratings higher than 63....the exception being Catching, Throw Accuracy, Awareness and other ratings that stand alone. All Team Attendance Records/Avg. have been entered in as well as Seating Capacity according to last years attendance records for each school.

As for Conferences, Div. III football has so many conferences because they have so many teams (250). They also classify their teams according to region: North, South, East, West by state. So my formula to make this work will be:

1) Each Conference will serve as part of a "Region" and each Division within a conference will actually serve as a "Conference."

2) DIII football has a playoff system as well. So, what will happen is "Conference Championship" games will serve as 1st round playoff games since the "divisions" within the conferences will actually be conferences. The BCS Bowl-Tie In games will serve as Quarterfinal games seeing as though you can tie Conference Champions in to play one another in the BCS bowl games. Each Conference Championship stadium has been changed and given the name "Division III Playoffs" and I'm currently working on the site venues as far as where the games will be played. The stadiums will be either change to the Large High School Stadiums or the Generic Stadiums and football fields.

3) The semifinals and Stagg Bowl(DIII National Title Game) will be determined using the Playoff Workaround.

My goal is to leave as small a remnant of FBS football with this roster as I can. Again there is nothing I can do about the uni's. Other than that...

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-25-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:36 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

I would love to download the Roster buddy, but when I download your Gamertag it is your Fictional Roster. Hit me up when you upload the D3 Roster. Anxious to use it.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I would love to download the Roster buddy, but when I download your Gamertag it is your Fictional Roster. Hit me up when you upload the D3 Roster. Anxious to use it.

Hey man, I will let you know as soon as I upload it. I'm putting some finishing touches on it. I wanna make sure everything shows up correctly and looks right.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Be sure to throw the occasional D-I sized freak in there. I played at a D-III school and I was 6' 7" and 330lbs as an Offensive Guard and Tackle. We're not all undersized. I played D-III because I got an Academic Scholarship there.

*edit* also on recruits I would throw 1 3* recruit in per year and maybe 5 2*. I was a 2* out of high school. As you said, it doesn't happen often but it does happen with a handful every year.

Last edited by Omega79; 06-26-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:34 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Here is a list of all the DIII teams and their FBS counterparts. There are a couple of teams that I had trouble matching up to my satisfaction. So, I dipped into a division levels above or below DIII to find a team. For example, you will see Alabama A&M. They are not DIII but are a team on the roster. They are also predominately African American since they are an HBCU. I will also attach a list in "text" form of all the teams as well as a list of how every team is broken down into regions. Anyways, here goes...

DIII Teams/ D1 Counterparts

1. Fort Lewis College (Air Force)
2. John Carroll (Akron)
3. Huntingdon (Alabama)
4. Arizona Christian (Arizona)
5. Hendrix (Arkansas)
6. Henderson State (Arkansas State)
7. SUNY-Maritime (Army)
8. Alabama A & M (Auburn)
9. Ottawa (Arizona State)
10. Anderson (Ball State)
11. Brockport (Baylor)
12. Macalester (Boise St)
13. Kings College (BC)
14. Baldwin-Wallace (Bowling Green)
15. Buffalo State (Buffalo)
16. Youngsville State (BYU)
17. Cal-Lutheran (Cal)
18. Carthage (Cincy)
19. Louisiana College (Clemson)
20. Coe (Central Michigan)
21. Centre (Colorado)
22. St. Norbert (Oregon)
23. Dubuque (Duke)
24. Earlham College (ECU)
25. Endicott (Eastern Michigan)
26. Westfield State (FAU)
27. Manchester (FIU)
28. Pomona-Pitzer (Florida)
29. Norwich (FSU)
30. Dean (Fresno State)
31. Grinnell (Georgia)
32. Hartwick (Georgia State)
33. Husson (Hawaii)
34. Hiram (Houston)
35. Ithaca (Idaho)
36. Illinois Wesleyan (Illinois)
37. Otterbein (Indiana)
38. Simpson College (Iowa State)
39. Iowa Wesleyan (Iowa)
40. Corncordia(WI) (Kansas)
41. Mount Union (KState)
42. Kean (Kentucky)
43. Kenyon (Kent State)
44. Hanover (LA Tech)
45. Benedictine (Louisville)
46. Hardin-Simmons (LSU)
47. McDaniel (Marshall)
48. Frostburg State (Maryland)
49. Moravian (Memphis)
50. La Verne (Miami)
51. Muhlenburg (Miami OH)
52. Mount St. Joseph (Michigan)
53. Castleton (Michigan St.)
54. Marietta (Middle Tenn St.)
55. Minnesota-Morris (Minnesota)
56. Mary Hardin-Baylor (Mizzou)
57. Montclair State (Miss St)
58. North Park (Navy)
59. North Central (UNC)
60. St. Lawrence (NC State)
61. Nebraska-Wesleyan (Nebraska)
62. Berry (Nevada)
63. St. Johns (New Mexico)
64. Washington and Jefferson (Northern Illinois)
65. Rose-Hulman (New Mexico St.)
66. Northwestern Minnesota (Northwestern)
67. Bethel (Notre Dame)
68. Texas Lutheran (North Texas)
69. Ohio Wesleyan (Ohio State)
70. Wilmington (Ohio U.)
71. Olivet (Oklahoma)
72. Occidental (Oklahoma State)
73. Trine (Old Dominion)
74. MacMurray (Ole Miss)
75. Delaware Valley (Colorado St.)
76. Lewis and Clark (Oregon State)
77. Westminster (Penn State)
78. Alleghaney (Pitt)
79. Pacific Lutheran (Purdue)
80. Lawrence (Rice)
81. Ripon (Rutgers)
82. Shenandoah (S. Alabama)
83. Rhodes (San Diego State)
84. Widener (San Jose State)
85. Chapman (South Carolina)
86. Randolph-Macon (S. Miss)
87. Hamline (SMU)
88. Alma (Stanford)
89. Weaton (Syracuse)
90. St. Thomas (TCU)
91. St. John Fisher (Temple)
92. Tennessee Wesleyan (Tennessee)
93. Trinity-Tx. (Texas A&M)
94. Waynesburg (Texas)
95. Emory & Henry (Toledo)
96. RPI (Troy)
97. Greensboro (Tulane)
98. Worcester State (Tulsa)
99. Austin (Texas St.)
100. Carnegie Mellon (Texas Tech)
101. Plymouth State (UAB)
102. Ferrum (UCF)
103. Wilkes (UCLA)
104. Coast Guard (UConn)
105. Lake Forest (UL Lafayette)
106. Alvernia (UL Monroe)
107. UMass-Dartmouth (UMass)
108. Denison (UNLV)
109. Salisbury (USC)
110. Wisconsin Lutheran (USF)
111. UW-Stout (Utah State)
112. UW-River Falls (Utah)
113. Carroll(WI) (UTEP)
114. UW-Platteville (UTSA)
115. Adrian (Vanderbilt)
116. Susquehanna (VTech)
117. Gettysburg (Virginia)
118. Framington State (Wake Forest
119. Whitewater (Washington)
120. Whitworth (Washington St.)
121. Wabash (Wisconsin)
122. Wesleyan (Western Kentucky)
123. Rowan (Western Michigan)
124. Western New England (WVU)
125. Southwestern (Wyoming)
126. Geneva (Georgia Tech)

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-28-2019 at 11:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »