Home

NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion

This is a discussion on NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #1
MVP

pinbw's Arena

OVR: 0
Arrow NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion

The 2019-20 NCAA 12 CONVERSION!
Vikesfan-Mod Conversion. (For PS3 and Xbox360)

*Announcement 7-9-20:

Late Update of Old File with better Teams data to fix Dynasty Freeze issue. >>HERE

I plan to make an update to this 2019 roster in July or Aug 2020. (since I just updated NCAA13).
But not sure of the time frame as I've become very busy again as my work and online courses have resumed. For this roster I hope to get it up to date to Dec 2019 Bowl season and use MassChaos idea to transfer a Default Teams data with only minor things updated from 2019, in hopes to get Freeze issues taken care of. Depth chart will need to be adjusted manually, as I won't have any time to fix & test them. Skin tones/faces may be wrong on some players transferred. - I will at least post the file MassChaos was trying to post - a file with better Teams data file for the old Aug 2019 roster - to maybe allow dynasty mode to work without freezes.)

(I also want to start a new 2020-21 conversion after doing this. But that will take longer since the last player needs to be removed off each roster and faces #s have to be recalculated--But all of this may not occur until a little later. )

The 2020-21 NCAA 12 CONVERSION!
Vikesfan-Mod Conversion. (For PS3 and Xbox360)
**I never made the 2020-21 season , but a New NCAA 12 2020-21 xbox360 Roster by Reeshmd23 was converted post season.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-12-360-a.html
(He also posted a conversion for PS3 NCAA12 in his later posts in thread).

*UPDATED TO AUG 16, 2019.-Now Available! (files in this post below have Dynasty freeze issues - see newer files later in thread.).

*ALL 120 teams are Post Spring/Pre Fall Camp ready; But more updates on NCAA 14 will occur during the Fall. So Later in fall if I have time I will update NCAA 12 again near the middle or end of Fall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*None of this would be possible without Vikesfan team of editors and some help from the jrriv4 XboxCommunity rosters merged into 1 complete roster file allowing us to enjoy the game earlier in the preseason. Special thanks to everyone involved!
*I went through Countless hours making this!
Spoiler

THE PURPOSE OF CONVERSIONS:
**To allow Every Xbox360 & PS3 owner with any of the last 3 versions of NCAA football to play the latest NCAA14 Vikesfan Season rosters. The Goal here is to keep NCAA football alive for everyone.
(So grab your correct conversion NCAA 12, 13 or 14.--each version is only compatible with each respective game.)

NCAA 11 ROSTER conversion (for the later 2020 season):is HERE

NCAA 12 ROSTER 2019-20 conversion is below
NCAA 13 ROSTER conversion:is HERE //(latest 2022-23 is HERE)
NCAA 14 ROSTER conversion is HERE //(latest 2022-23 is HERE)

PS2 and PSP (by antdroid)---antdroid may release a roster in the Fall after all Vikesfan teams are more completed.
================================================== ===========
*All 120 teams are updated to 8-16-19 reflecting NCAA 13 & 14 roster sources.
Based on original NCAA 14 roster by the Vikesfan Team >> HERE
*College Football COACHES Poll preseason rankings are included.
================================================== ============
*I adjusted Xbox360 depth charts for a couple hours, but plenty more may be needed & some may be wrong.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Depth charts should be adjusted based on "Awareness" and not Overall rating since there is a bug indicating too low of a rating.
Also use Player "Position" & their "Class" (Sr,Jr,So,Fr) to better guess the depth chart of each time--this process must be done for hours "manually" to get every team done properly.

*PS3 requires all manual Depth Chart adjustments (since I do not own a PS3).
================================================== ==============
*There may be OTHER ISSUES caused in the conversion (eg. Dynasty freezes, player face color, ratings.)
Spoiler

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*This roster WORKS! And that's the important thing! I spent countless hours & weeks on and off last year trying to make this work. Since there is still interest for NCAA 12, it was worth making this!
**One of the best things about NCAA 12 has been the Pre-Game Pageantry that has been shortened in NCAA 14; and Gameplay may be arguably better especially on Defense.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*See The Current Interest for 2012 in the links below:
Great information by Tuscaloosa & Tarheelphenom
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049871440
*You may have to adjust Sliders to get the best possible gameplay experience.
you will have to search the forum here for those.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-More Details About the Conversion
Spoiler

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUIDES TO USE FILES

*Rostershare has been shutdown 2 years ago. So Offline File Method is now the only way to get them.
*Xbox360 users will need Modio 3 or Horizon to transfer file using a Windows PC and USB flash drive
*PS3 users only need a USB flash drive.
ENJOY.
----------------------------------
PS3/XB360 guides to use files with my Donation Link>>https://forums.operationsports.com/f...2&postcount=73
----------------------------------
Another list of instructions for xBOX360:
Spoiler

================================================== ==================
Super archive of past seasons for all NCAA games including NCAA 12. Link below.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...3&postcount=98
================================================== ==================
ENJOY the New College Football Season with NCAA12,13,or14!

Last edited by pinbw; 09-06-2022 at 11:22 AM. Reason: 2020 xb360 conversion link by ReeshMd23. My past notes for updates moving on 2020...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

Re: NCAA 12::(Xbox360 & PS3) 2019-2020 Roster Conversion

Has anyone gotten this to work on PS3 for a dynasty? Once I load the rosters on my PS3 and try to start a dynasty, it freezes. I will say that I did make a couple of modifications to the depth chart, but wasn't sure if that would be a problem.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #3
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Has anyone gotten this to work on PS3 for a dynasty? Once I load the rosters on my PS3 and try to start a dynasty, it freezes. I will say that I did make a couple of modifications to the depth chart, but wasn't sure if that would be a problem.
Sorry I cannot help with PS3. I'm glad you can atleast load up the file which is a good start. I know these should be playable for single games. I made it based on my NCAA 13 conversion. And I used the PS3 files from last year's 12-25-19 roster as base.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049597774

(Not sure if others mentioned the dynasty freeze issues and a solution. But if there are also dynasty freeze issues in NCAA 13 which it's completely ported from, then it may be related. I'm unsure what is causing it, so this is "as is for now". I updated the Players and Teams data, so one of those files may be causing it.)

Last edited by pinbw; 08-18-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

OVR: 1

On Xbox, dynasty doesn't load past "generating schedule" for me. Disappointing because last years file works fine. Back to 14, I guess.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #5
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Thanks for the feedback. I converted the "players" and "teams" data files, so one of those is probably causing the problems.

I don't have time to look at it yet... also no idea what is causing the problems in dynasty. If I have time in the future I will try to revisit this. (Updates are a little manageable to make from my NCAA 13 roster conversions---Still a lot of steps & time to make: delete worst player on each team & omit 3 teams and copy&paste most of the player data from it...but not sure when I will update this again.).

-------

The best I could do in the future is repackage a second choice file with only the players data updated. (And use last years file's team data with maybe only rankings updated). Then you could test the file. But If problems are from the Players data, I probably won't know where to make any changes since there are 8000+players to sift through where the problems might be originating.

-------

Last edited by pinbw; 08-27-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2019, 12:30 AM   #6
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

Yeah, a players only edit would be fine imo. Even the team rankings won't matter much after a few weeks of the season. Don't know if this helps at all, but the file from last year that works for me has mismatched colors on the menus.(Also teams have random offensive styles assigned to them) Don't know if maybe fixing that issue caused the problem or not. Again, imo, the mismatched colors aren't a big deal as long it works. Thanks for the work, let me know if you need any help.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:55 PM   #7
Rookie

MassChaos's Arena

I attempted to Copy the player data from your file to the file from last year. It's my first time using the editor to import/export so I'm not 100% sure i did everything right. The file loaded successfully, but dynasty still freezes at generating schedule.

Only thing I noticed was when importing your data and overwriting the old, it kept popping up that "#xyz was missing; skipped" not sure if thats normal or not though. I guess I could instead import the Team datas and see if the file works, That could at least narrow it down.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
MVP

pinbw's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassChaos
I attempted to Copy the player data from your file to the file from last year. It's my first time using the editor to import/export so I'm not 100% sure i did everything right. The file loaded successfully, but dynasty still freezes at generating schedule.

Only thing I noticed was when importing your data and overwriting the old, it kept popping up that "#xyz was missing; skipped" not sure if thats normal or not though. I guess I could instead import the Team datas and see if the file works, That could at least narrow it down.
Update: I now remember what happened with that discolored menu roster. I accidentally copied and pasted a whole bunch of columns of data into TEAMS data from the middle column "L TB2B to U TRQB" --So the wrong data was shifted one column over. One of these columns of data might be causing dynasty to freeze. Maybe the number values are too high--which might be like the Face Colors needing a recalculation adjustment.

We might just try to use some default ncaa 12 roster data in one or some of these column of player data, instead of from the ncaa 14 data source.

(In Teams File: The columns L thru U are: TB2B,TBCB, TRDB, TFFB,TRLB,TFOB,TDPB,TOPB,TRQB,TRRB.)

If I was to venture to guess: problems may be coming from TDPB and TOPB--they stand for Defensive and Offensive Playbooks. These values are different in default file and the New values from NCAA 13, since playbooks may be using different values in ncaa 13 vs ncaa 12.--So I would change these values to see if it fixes everything.
----------

**I included a default NCAA 12 teams data file here to use to overlap data COLUMN R & S on new file.So if You want to try this now & experiment with it.(just copy Column R&S overlapped the new teams data in current file.
(I may try this later--but only you can tell me if Dynasty mode was fixed with this change.---if it is still not fixed then maybe some other data column has to be changed which is incompatible with values in the NCAA 14 game..(if freeze issues are related to players data, it may be more difficult to find the cause; pgid numbers might have been converted differently on the first discolored roster players data so I could try using that too. But that may cause depth charts needing a complete redo .)

Also if you want to dig deeper, you can find some older Roster files that work and compare the same Team Data columns of data with Default data, just to make sure we made the correct change to the roster data values. Also compare the PGID numbers of all 8000 players to see if we should use that numbering.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DEFAULT 12 Teams data CSV.zip (22.8 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by pinbw; 08-30-2019 at 06:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »