Home

NCAA Football 14: 2020-2021 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2020-2021 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-29-2020, 06:46 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2020-2021 Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by comstock2005
This dynasty file is accurate for all conference championship and bowl game wins and correct win-loss records for every team and is in the 2020 preseason. The Open Bowl in needs to be left alone. It is the generic bowl logo for the extra bowl games that don't exist after 2013. Does anyone want to get the coaches and players updated on this file? I spent months working on this. To load into XBOX 360 or PS3, all you have to do is create a new dynasty, save it. Follow all the steps to get it to where you have the files HED-DATA, ICON0.PNG, PARAM.SFO, and USR-DATA. The USR-DATA file from this zip file is all you need. Copy it over the one from the one you saved. PS3 users, this will need to be Bruteforced before using. Bruteforce the one you saved and copy this over that. It is decrypted. you'll nee to encrypt it after that method. Someone can create a new thread for this if they are going to work on the coach updates and player updates. Enjoy!!!
I'm trying to use bruteforce but I can't seem to get it to work. Do you think you can summarize the steps for me? The tutorials I'm viewing don't seem have options available that I dont see for this file when loading in bruteforce savedata...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #26
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Putting the file back.

Michigan - is Pre-Spring
Bama - is Pre-Spring

PSN: BossHawgMichigan
Check: Michigan's Defense: Is a 4-3 Multiple
Offline: 3-1-20.zip
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs

Last edited by BossHawgMichigan; 03-01-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:58 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHawgMichigan
Putting the file back.

Michigan - is Pre-Spring
Bama - is Pre-Spring

Offline: Attachment 175706
And there he is coming in clutch!!!
Old 03-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #28
MVP

BossHawgMichigan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEmBoy13
And there he is coming in clutch!!!
They both have been 90% done for around a month or more. I changed the scale up some and was tweaking these 2 teams to see how it worked.

It's always funny seeing Bama's preseason rating b4 they get AC/AA ratings. They always lose so much talent to the draft and their team overall drops so much. Once the preseason AC/AA ratings come out tho they are right back in the top 5 for overalls.
https://youtu.be/im_5KWki_Es
How to transfer offline files:
https://youtu.be/kLdLb78e5AM
NCAA 14: A in-depth look into creating rosters
Pt.1
https://youtu.be/Sr9DZfJ_YXM
Pt.2
https://youtu.be/cZHyWy_EWKs
Old 03-01-2020, 11:11 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
They both have been 90% done for around a month or more. I changed the scale up some and was tweaking these 2 teams to see how it worked.

It's always funny seeing Bama's preseason rating b4 they get AC/AA ratings. They always lose so much talent to the draft and their team overall drops so much. Once the preseason AC/AA ratings come out tho they are right back in the top 5 for overalls.
Who’s next Clemson?
Old 03-02-2020, 10:49 PM   #30
Rookie

switch8's Arena

Quote:

looks good boss only ? is scooby carter kid cant make up his mind he's in the transfer portal again for the 3rd time
Old 03-03-2020, 11:28 AM   #31
Rookie

bamaboytroy's Arena

Quote:
Putting the file back.

Michigan - is Pre-Spring
Bama - is Pre-Spring

Offline: Attachment 175706
Boss,

Just finished reviewing the roster, and it’s nice to see you remaining objective after the Citrus Bowl. I kid

Amazing job as always. I have a few suggestions, but this can all be taken with a grain of salt until after spring practice.

Offense:

I would replace WR Townsend with RB Jase Mcclellan. Townsend is a RS JR who is far down the depth chart at receiver. Jase is a high 4* rb and would be great for dynasty purposes, given Harris and Robinson are seniors.

Defense:

I would replace CB Scooby Carter, who I have a hard time seeing coming out of the portal again, with DT Timothy Smith. Smith was a high 4* in composite, and a 5* in top247.

I would replace one of the MLB with MLB Demouy Kennedy, though it’s hard to say who before spring. I think the high 4* recruit will push for playing time this season and be ahead of at least a couple currently on the roster. Moses, Harris, Lee, and McMillan are pretty much set at 2-deep, unless special teams maven Ale Kaho or someone else makes strides this offseason. Benton got meaningful reps on passing downs last season. Maybe replace Jaylen Moody, or take a wait-and-see approach here.

Special Teams:

K Will Reichard shouldn’t have much trouble overtaking Bulovas, and was well on his way prior to his injury last season. A-Day should be telling.

Again man, these are very minor suggestions, and there’s no reason to rush anything with spring ball right around the corner. Just stuff to keep an eye on. Thanks again for your work! Can’t wait to run a little practice mode with the new squad later!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #32
Rookie

Leaving a note here for BossHawg.

You may remember a while ago I made a post talking about the potential difference in using National Draft Scout as a source for 40 times rather than the HS combine times.

A few reasons for this:

1. HS kids aren't trained to run the 40, so it isn't always the best measure of their speed at that point.

2. HS combines are notoriously inconsistent with the timing. Is it raining? Wind blowing? How is it timed? Can be a real headache.

3. NDS is easier to access for the times. They have a team page for every team and have many more players covered than the ESPN/247/Rivals records for 40 times.

The obvious disclaimer is that NDS is using estimates of 40 times, but after taking their estimates for 40 players from the beginning of the year, comparing to the actual combine results, and converting to SPD ratings via your scale, I tried to compare the two and attached my results.

The graph shows what percentage of that sample group fall within each range when comparing speed using NDS/HS vs. the Combine.

NDS easily outperforms the HS results by a wide margin, with an average error of 3.5 SPD points vs 5.525 for the HS 40 times.

Also, some notables:

Jalen Hurts
HS: 75
NDS: 85
Actual: 85

Justin Jefferson
HS: 74
NDS: 87
Actual: 92

Juwan Johnson:
HS: 78
NDS: 86
Actual: 86

Kelly Bryant:
NDS: 80
Actual: 81

Lamical Perine
NDS: 86
Actual: 84

Darrynton Evans:
HS: 68
NDS: 91
Actual: 93

Jerry Jeudy
HS: 87
NDS: 91
Actual: 91

Clyde Edwards-Helaire
HS: 90
NDS: 85
Actual: 85

Let me know what you think. I know it would be a pretty big overhaul, but it really is much closer to real-life results. I'd suggest going with the HS time if that's all there is, but the NDS estimates are much, much closer to the actual speeds for the vast majority of these players. I'd imagine it would be easier to switch over now than later in the season.

Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Edit (two things to add)

Draftscout Links: HOME, Team Pages

Link to speed ratings: Dropbox
Attached Images
File Type: png 40_snip.PNG (19.7 KB, 1079 views)

Last edited by vfl410; 03-13-2020 at 11:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »