Home

NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster

Just putting it out there for anyone that may be interested that im makng and will be uploading a Fictional Roster soon. What ive done is taken the out of box base roster with no names and made two saves. I have simmed all the way up to where there are no players from the orginal roster remaining...only generated recruits. I then went into the editor and exported from the simmed roster and from the original base roster. I copied and pasted the simmed roster onto the original base and saved it. Well aaaaa...a fictional base roster lol!

The coaches are fictional and based on any moves made during the simmed years. Wherever the teams are ranked, thats where there will stay. The only edits i will make will be to the coach philosohies. Im gonna change it up to give it a fictional vibe. So you wont see Georgia Tech or Army running the option anymore. You may see a team like Texas Tech lining up in Bone.

The edits i make to the players i will do based on my own pleasure and not to the roster i will upload. I will leave that up to anyone who may wanna try tbese out and do it to their liking. To be honest, the game plays really well without edits with all recruit populated roster. So if anyone is interested, i will update this post when i finish.

P.S. This is for the Xbox 360.

ETA: It took me 4 hours to investigate and narrow things down as to why my roster was freezing once you got to week 15 in a Season or Dynasty. It turns out that it was the roster itself. It has 3 duplicate players on South Alabama that had duplicate player ID's with players on LSU. The crazy thing is you couldnt even edit them from the console. So i went into the dynasty editor and deleted the 3 players from the file, took it through a Season and year 1 of the Dynasty all the way up to the start of year 2 with no freezes!! Im so excited now. Will have updated roster uploaded sometime tomorrow.

__________________________________________________ _________________________

I had somebody reach out to me who had already started a dynasty and didn't want to re-start. So, I'm going to post instructions on how to make the proper edits to eliminate the freeze issue.

First things first...it must be done with the Dynasty Editor because it allows you to delete players from the roster. This was the saving grace. So...

If you wanna keep the roster you already have and start over your dynasty, you need to go into the roster file and delete the following players on South Alabama with the Player ID's:

ID #: 8530 DT #92 Chris Holmes
8531 FS #33 Detron Taylor
8568 FB #30 Max Baxter

But...and this is very important...if you want to keep playing in the dynasty you've already started, DO NOT delete by these Player ID #'s because they actually belong to 3 players on LSU's roster. So, just go to South Alabama's team and locate the 3 players above and delete them off the roster and the freeze will be eliminated.

I ran it through Season mode as well as Dynasty mode and the freeze was eliminated. Just to be on the safe side, I would recommend you test just to make sure as well. I apologize for the inconvenience.

6/5/18

Most up to date roster has been uploaded.

7/23/18

I'm going to be adding some things to this post as well as updates on things to tidy up a little. I'm almost done with the roster and once I'm done, I'm going to start a Dynasty that I will chronicle on the Dynasty page. Some of the things that you'll see are:

THE NEW NCAA FICTIONAL DYNASTY UNIVERSE

123 User Controlled Fully Customized Dynasty

Player and Coach Storylines that includes players being benched and "suspended", coaches getting axed during the season

Recruiting Updates weekly keeping tabs on who the best recruits are favoring, where they will be visiting as well as surprise commit flips

US Army High School All-American Game which will highlight real recruits in the Dynasty

...and much more.

I plan on going very slow and taking my time...watching a lot of games as well as Coach Mode on whatever team I play with. In the mean time, for anyone interested, I am going to attach an Excel spreadsheet with each team Offensive and Defensive Philosophy and Run/Pass Ratio . You will also notice that the teams have been realigned conference ise. I tried to make a lot of teams look and play totally different than their real life counterparts because well...this is Fictional lol. This is for anyone who ants to play with this roster and follow along with how they are set up. If not , hey do what you want with it.

Last thing, the current roster I have uploaded is one with the height edit I made. My intentions was to take that down and just leave it up to anyone who may wanna try it and do it themselves but I forgot. So, I will be uploading the roster with normal heights tonight. I'll also put this post on the front page too.

Team Philosophy sheet has been added on post #74

1/4/19

My roster now has a PS3 version. I hope you PS3 guys enjoy it!

6/1/19

I've updated and uploaded my latest version of my roster. I've made various edits to speed so that player speed coincide with the best looking running animations in the game; strength, position specific edits for OL and DL. I also edited all helmets so that all players have the most up to date one's in the game. I am also including my Profile Edits in text/notepad form. I would advise anyone who uses the roster to also use my profile edits. Best way to do it is just copy and paste. Profile edit will be located on last page of this thread.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-01-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 18 Fictional Roster

Very interested. Let me know when you have uploaded it.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 05-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Very interested. Let me know when you have uploaded it.

10-4 cool. I'll upload what I have so far in a little while. Here is what I have so far...

1. The rosters are totally made up of recruit generated players. There are no players remaining from the out of the box base roster. They have not been edited in any way. That includes equipment, numbers or ethnicity lol.

2. You will notice that the conferences and conference members look a TADDDDDDDDD bit different lol. You may see some teams in certain conferences that may make you do a double take lol...but hey, that's what I was shooting for...it's fictional.

3. Regarding the coaches, they haven't really been touched yet. They all have fictional names and I imported some numbers from old rosters I had as far as run/pass ratio, aggressiveness etc to make things flow better. But that's about it.

4. The teams are ranked based on where they were ranked at the time in the Dynasty. So, lets say Alabama fell off within that 5 year period and they are ranked like #65 then that's what they are on this roster. I'm thinking that's how I will determine star level for each team. Of course with this being fictional, I want some teams that would NEVER be perennial powers to be top flight programs while maybe a couple of Blue Bloods become cupcakes lol.

Next of my list of business is to do each teams offensive/defensive philosophy. Like I said, you won't see Georgia Tech running Flexbone anymore or Army running option. You may see Texas Tech go Wishbone or something crazy. Maybe you guys can give me some ideas on that.

Of course once you download it man, do what you want to make it your own. I couldn't care less. Make your own NCAA Fictional Universe.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

I've wanted one of these for a long time. Thanks, THP
Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Okay my people's I just uploaded the roster to EA Locker.

GT: tarheelphenom35

Let me know if there are any issues. This is only the second time I've ever uploaded a roster. Keep me posted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

An idea - I realize this might take some work, but I've never messed with the editor, so you tell me:

If you were to blank out every players first and last name, each user could use auto rename before the start of any new dynasty and have brand new players each time, name wise. I know the ratings/attributes and all would be the same, but...
Old 05-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
An idea - I realize this might take some work, but I've never messed with the editor, so you tell me:

If you were to blank out every players first and last name, each user could use auto rename before the start of any new dynasty and have brand new players each time, name wise. I know the ratings/attributes and all would be the same, but...

Let me look into it. Give me a few minutes.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:39 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa

Done. I made a version where all the names are blank. The only issue is you can only upload one roster at a time to EA Locker. I dont know how to add it up here. But its done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »