Home

NCAA Football 14: 2021-2022 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: 2021-2022 Roster Update within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14: 2021-2022 Roster Update

First off I just wanted to say for years I've used your rosters and that you've always done a great job and its a great service you guys do to keep this game alive.

I took off this past year and really didn't do much on the game due to lack of interest due to covid. Then I had a friend this past spring tell me about College football revamped. It blew my mind when I pulled it up on youtube and saw all the changes they had done. My question (please exuse my dumbness if this has already been addressed) will the updated roster file fit in smoothly with the College football revamped files? Also I know this past year many players have gone to 0. I know in the past this was an issue due to 0 not being an option. In the new roster file, can 0 be used for a player or is that still not an option.

Again, thanks for all the awesome work!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 03:54 PM   #402
MVP

Her89Man's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodrow70
First off I just wanted to say for years I've used your rosters and that you've always done a great job and its a great service you guys do to keep this game alive.

I took off this past year and really didn't do much on the game due to lack of interest due to covid. Then I had a friend this past spring tell me about College football revamped. It blew my mind when I pulled it up on youtube and saw all the changes they had done. My question (please exuse my dumbness if this has already been addressed) will the updated roster file fit in smoothly with the College football revamped files? Also I know this past year many players have gone to 0. I know in the past this was an issue due to 0 not being an option. In the new roster file, can 0 be used for a player or is that still not an option.

Yes this roster is made to work with the revamped mod. And sadly the #0 does not work for us. We use a multiple of 10 or the last number that player wore.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #403
Rookie

spartyon6686's Arena

OVR: 10

Any info on Michigan State? I posted a comprehensive update guide on page 36 but haven't heard back from Boss.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:26 PM   #404
Banned

Bama2021's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodrow70

Revamp has a discord. Go there
Old 08-12-2021, 07:28 PM   #405
Banned

Bama2021's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncicfan77
Didn't see a CFR thread so I guess this is probably the best place to ask, apologies if these or similar questions have already been addressed, I don't have account privileges for the search feature.

There are some pretty radical changes this year. New plays, CPU opponents having access to their full playbook instead of 35 default plays, the "Saban factor" skill tree, etc. Then apparently the new coach ratings mentioned in the Coach Edits drop-down in this thread's OP (game management and recruiting for HCs, OC/DC ratings for performance).

In no particular order...

1. The coach ratings: are those just a descriptive, visual reference for how well coaches are performing? Or do they have an effect, like player ratings do? If so, what do they affect, and to what extent?

2. The new plays are a nice addition, and I'm really excited to try the RPO plays, but I'm worried about compatibility w/ custom PBs. Even EA couldn't slide a true CPB system seamlessly into their code because of how playcalling/PBs work, so they had to settle for crudely hammering a watered-down playbook editor into the code with a rusty nail (e.g. most of us probably remember EA saying the CPB editor is better for tweaking existing books than creating new ones). Even still, it's notoriously glitchy and unstable.

Meanwhile, adding plays, the RPO in particular, seems like a really big deal in terms of what's going on under-the-hood; EA devs have talked about how the code's complexity prevented them from implementing screen passes as well as they wanted to. Does the CPB editor still work the same with all these new plays? Were the CFR guys able to implement all the new plays without affecting the stability of custom books?

3. Speaking of the new plays, I'm very eager to hear more about how they've been integrated into default books. Will they appear in the coaches' default team PBs in the formations into which they've been assigned? E.g., will RPO HB Zone Bubble appear in every instance of the six formations that include it (per the CFR patch notes' linked spreadsheet), regardless of team? Or will new plays be incorporated into default team books selectively, on a team-by-team, play-by-play basis?

4. Some of these new mechanics sound amazing, others, I see the appeal but they aren't my cup of tea (new skill trees—never really liked the trees to begin with, personally). Have there been any discussions about the feasibility of taking a "modular" approach to these new features? E.g. having the visual elements/new teams as the base install, then giving users the option to install whichever of the more major additions they prefer? Say, the new plays, but not the new skill tree or the uncapped CPU opponent playcalling choices?

If that's not feasible (likely it isn't), have there been discussions about creating different branches for the different permutations of the new mechanics, so users can pick and choose which mechanics they want?

If not, for users that decide they'd prefer updated rosters, but with a more vanilla experience: will there be (or is there) an option to use a legacy version of CFR (e.g. the "final" version of last year's project, before the new mechanics began being implemented), one that will still be compatible with future roster updates?

Apologies for the wall of text, but I reckon as we get closer to kickoff, the project will get more and more attention, and these questions might pop up more. So if anyone can answer them, the post will at least be something y'all can point folks to, if/when they come up again! Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out, it's greatly appreciated. Great work as always!
CFR has a discord. Why do y'all come here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #406
Roster Editor

vikesfan059's Arena

OVR: 1

Taking the file.

EDIT: I'm done for tonight. I should have another batch of Notre Dame edits tomorrow.

PSN: vikesfan059
Check: Notre Dame has TE Cane Berrong

Edits:
  • Indiana HB Sampson James replaced with SS Jonathan Haynes
  • Kent St. HC Sean Lewis contract extended
  • Notre Dame updated to post-spring though: TEs

Last edited by vikesfan059; 08-12-2021 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:17 PM   #407
Just started!

Kentucky
Dare Rosenthal and Jacques Jones transferred to Kentucky
And Will Levis is going to be the starting QB
Thanks
Old 08-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #408
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikesfan059
Taking the file.

Edits:
  • Indiana HB Sampson James replaced with SS Jonathan Haynes
  • Kent St. HC Sean Lewis contract extended
  • Notre Dame updated to post-spring though: HBs
Is the Xbox conversion coming too? Thanks for what you guys do I'm so excited every year for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »