Home

Question about posted sliders

This is a discussion on Question about posted sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2004, 11:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Kaylos's Arena

OVR: 1
Question about posted sliders

I am curious if the sliders being posted are to produce realistic games as you might see in a real TV game or to simulate the stats you might get simming a game in franchise. I wondering because all the stats from games people post seem to be pretty low, especially in the running department. What I was wondering because I play franchise a lot and would like to have games where the players put up numbers similar to the type of numbers they might put up in a simmed game on both the cpu and human side.

Simmed games seem to be much more offesive oriented, with even the best college defenses giving up almost 20 points a game. I am trying to develop sliders based on the ones posted here to create similar stats in turnovers, offensive output and defensive output, and for individual players like rb to have similar average per carry or qb to have similar yards per attempt (since it seems there is no help for their %). Right now I am using a modified version of Jistics sliders, but I am thinking setting my sliders up to Jistics AA on offense (since I an not very good) and njkroc's on defense as it is too easy for me to shut down the opponents defense.

Any ideas that might help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2004, 03:45 AM   #2
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Question about posted sliders

I'm aiming for real life realism. But getting the CPU to play good offense without severely crippling your own team's abilities is too hard. I've gotten to a point where the CPU can get decent yards per carry, but they don't try to run enough. And of course they don't pass too well. So.... I'm not sure. The only solution I can think of is purposely calling defense poorly or not recruiting well.

If you play on AA, I think you gotta go with just maxing everything for the CPU offense and minimizing everything for your defense, except maybe INTs, and maybe not completely minimizing breakblock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »