Home

Old 11-28-2004, 02:59 PM   #9
Rookie

Farmer3292's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Passing Question

I have ps2 and I'm in the year 2018 of my dynasty. Passing was frustrating starting out cuz I was so use to 2004, but the more I play it the better I became.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:41 PM   #10
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

It just takes practice man, unless you are dealing with HFA.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:36 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
It just takes practice man, unless you are dealing with HFA.
Once again: HOW WILL ME PRACTICING IMPROVE THE CPU'S PASSING GAME?????

I'm sick of everyone replying ot these complaints by telling us to practice when we have problems with the CPU's offense, not ours!!!

I can't wait to get the PS2 version and see how it works out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2004, 09:57 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Once again: HOW WILL ME PRACTICING IMPROVE THE CPU'S PASSING GAME?????

I'm sick of everyone replying ot these complaints by telling us to practice when we have problems with the CPU's offense, not ours!!!

I can't wait to get the PS2 version and see how it works out.
Yeah I'm as frustrated as you are with these responses spectralfan. It's pointless going back and forth with these people. The only reason I responded to this post is because it sounds like racoon007 is not aware that the passing game cannot be fixed and I'm just trying to save him some time instead of spending countless hours practicing or tweaking the sliders. If you really must play NCAA 2005, you just have to deal with the unrealistic passing game, along with a lot of other issues.

And if the PS2 version were that much better, I think there would be a ton of posts on it. I'm a member of several football gaming forums and the complaints about the passing gaming are from both Xbox and PS2 owners. If you really must have NCAA 2005, I would advise you to find a cheaper used copy. I'm sure you'll find plenty of them available since so many people have sold their game.

Or better yet, go back to NCAA 2004!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBalls1
Yeah I'm as frustrated as you are with these responses spectralfan. It's pointless going back and forth with these people. The only reason I responded to this post is because it sounds like racoon007 is not aware that the passing game cannot be fixed and I'm just trying to save him some time instead of spending countless hours practicing or tweaking the sliders. If you really must play NCAA 2005, you just have to deal with the unrealistic passing game, along with a lot of other issues.

And if the PS2 version were that much better, I think there would be a ton of posts on it. I'm a member of several football gaming forums and the complaints about the passing gaming are from both Xbox and PS2 owners. If you really must have NCAA 2005, I would advise you to find a cheaper used copy. I'm sure you'll find plenty of them available since so many people have sold their game.

Or better yet, go back to NCAA 2004!
I received the PS2 version today and let me tell you I thought it would be a little better but not that much. I was real surprised to see how well it plays both in passing and running. In running, I can hit holes better than I ever could on any of the 3 versions on Xbox. I could pass well (around 60%. Short passes are actually caught most times!!!) and I was playing Florida (me) against Miami (CPU) at Miami with HFA on!!!

The CPU is still a little weak offensively but nothing like it is on XBox and I only tried it with default sliders so tweaking should result in better CPU offense.

I now understand why all these guys that keep replying that the game doesn't have major issues: they're playing on PS2!!!

To all those guys:

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE IN XBOX VERSION PASSING IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE BOTH FOR HUMAN AND CPU. STOP TELLING US TO THROW SHORT BECAUSE THOSE PASSES ARE THE WORST AS FAR AS DROPS ARE CONCERNED. AND STOP TELLING US THAT WE JUST NEED PRACTICE BECAUSE THAT WILL NOT MAKE THE CPU BETTER!!!!

To frustrated XBOX players (as I once was):

If you have a PS2, give the game a shot. There's a world of difference.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:19 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I received the PS2 version today and let me tell you I thought it would be a little better but not that much. I was real surprised to see how well it plays both in passing and running. In running, I can hit holes better than I ever could on any of the 3 versions on Xbox. I could pass well (around 60%. Short passes are actually caught most times!!!) and I was playing Florida (me) against Miami (CPU) at Miami with HFA on!!!

The CPU is still a little weak offensively but nothing like it is on XBox and I only tried it with default sliders so tweaking should result in better CPU offense.

I now understand why all these guys that keep replying that the game doesn't have major issues: they're playing on PS2!!!

To all those guys:

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE IN XBOX VERSION PASSING IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE BOTH FOR HUMAN AND CPU. STOP TELLING US TO THROW SHORT BECAUSE THOSE PASSES ARE THE WORST AS FAR AS DROPS ARE CONCERNED. AND STOP TELLING US THAT WE JUST NEED PRACTICE BECAUSE THAT WILL NOT MAKE THE CPU BETTER!!!!

To frustrated XBOX players (as I once was):

If you have a PS2, give the game a shot. There's a world of difference.
I had to find out for myself so I broke down and picked up a used copy of NCAA 2005 for PS2. I haven't even turned this thing on in over a year so I'm still getting readjusted to the controls but I played the game for almost the entire day yesterday.

It's still early but I played enough games on the XBox to know that there is definitely a difference on PS2 and so far it appears to be a big difference! I can't believe it but it's almost like EA put out two different versions of the game this year. It's not just the dropped passes, it's like the entire passing game is different. If you play as an option team and hardly pass the ball then you may not notice a difference but I play a balanced offense and I could tell right away that EA must have just tested only the PS2 version and ported it over to Xbox without testing that platform!

As spectralfan says, all of you frustrated XBox owners should try out the PS2 version if you can. The game still has it's problems and it's certainly not worth buying a whole new PS2 console just to play this game. But if you're like me and have both a PS2 and XBox, rent or buy a used copy of the PS2 version and see for yourself.

And don't waste your time trying to fix the Xbox version with the right set of sliders. It cannot be fixed.

And shame on EA for ripping off XBox owners!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »